Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 12:05 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjok92 View Post
he goes into his room and shuts the door the rest of the night. And he does that on Sunday's mostly too.
In your first post you said you go over there from 7-10 every night after work.

You are basically forcing him to spend time alone in his room because you won't go away.

Then he resorts to "jokes" telling you to leave, and you still won't go away.

I feel sorry for the guy.

He keeps telling you, and you won't listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 12:06 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Are you guys for real? Weekends is usually couples time, no? Waking up together, not having to rush, staying up late together. Every time I have a bf and express that I do something alone on a weekend, I'll get disappointment in their looks.

Same with all my friends and their partners.

It is NOT unusual that you go to your partners place Fridays after work and stay there until Monday morning. NOT unusual at all.
For sure, I agree.

However, that doesn't mean it works for all people.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:07 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Are you guys for real? Weekends is usually couples time, no? Waking up together, not having to rush, staying up late together. Every time I have a bf and express that I do something alone on a weekend, I'll get disappointment in their looks.

Same with all my friends and their partners.

It is NOT unusual that you go to your partners place Fridays after work and stay there until Monday morning. NOT unusual at all.
My sentiments too. This is a two year long relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
For sure, I agree.

True.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:10 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
In your first post you said you go over there from 7-10 every night after work.

You are basically forcing him to spend time alone in his room because you won't go away.

Then he resorts to "jokes" telling you to leave, and you still won't go away.

I feel sorry for the guy.

He keeps telling you, and you won't listen.
OP, consider this.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:14 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

Not all weekend, every weekend. People work during the week. There is lots of stuff that needs to be done on weekends. And lots of rushing around.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:19 PM

926 posts, read 673,709 times
FWIW OP, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I just think that your idea of fun and togetherness is wayyy different than his idea of it.

In fact, from what you've posted on here thus far (him 'joking' with you that you should go home after sex and him telling you that he feels 'smothered' by your presence), I'm thinking that maybe his feelings for you could be changing...and not for the better. You guys have been dating for TWO YEARS. You both should still be in the 'honeymoon' stage of the relationship.

And remember when you said how you resent him because the way the current schedule is makes YOU happy? I'm thinking that maybe he has begun to resent you because of the way the current schedule is - meaning, he feels you're around too much...and he wants more alone time than you're willing to be happy with.

I think your plan of moving back home is solid. During these next 6 months, he will either MISS YOU and realize he DOES want MORE time with you, or....he will end up LIKING the fact that you're not around every week...and um, THAT will be the time that you'll need to reassess your relationship to see if he WANTS you in his life or not and to see if YOU want to stay in a relationship with a guy who really doesn't want to spend as much time with you as you want to spend with him.

Good luck!

Old 10-27-2017, 12:26 PM

631 posts, read 399,563 times
Why not just cut to the chase and ask him to give you a schedule that he can live with? You sound very needy and that gets tiresome after a while.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:26 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,574 times
You are smothering him and he's not as attached as you are. Give him some space and time and if he misses you he'll let you know.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:30 PM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjok92 View Post
Okay, I guess I have a warped idea of what being in a relationship is supposed to be like. Am I weird for wanting to be around him on the weekend? We've been dating over 2 years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not all weekend, every weekend. People work during the week. There is lots of stuff that needs to be done on weekends. And lots of rushing around.
When I am in love with a girl and we have been dating 2 years I want her around as much as possible. I would want some time doing my own thing but it was explained in the Op that she does give him time.

I just don't think he is as interested as you are. He might say he is to save your feelings but his actions don't back that up.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:32 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
For sure, I agree.

I didn't say it works for all people. But some here act as if it would be totally unreasonable and clingy to spend weekends together - as if OP wants something that's totally out of the norm. It isn't. It just doesn't seem to work for HIM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships