Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 12:38 PM

146 posts, read 174,367 times

Advertisements

I suppose 'modern men' is a vague term as their 3.5 billion men in different cultures across the world. Maybe it's because I'm young and have unlimited time to spend on the internet which makes me believe that men have trouble dating.

Funnily enough, despite the sensationalism of the internet, the students in my school never seemed to have subscribed 'Red Pill', 'MGTOW', PUA etc...Again, dating could be different in Western Europe than it is in the US but I don't know whether these issues are like the mistaken growing phenomenon of trans/gender fluid people society seems to believe.

What I do know for a fact is that women are getting more legal and social rights while still maintaining more conservative gender dynamics in relationships and other aspects of life. That's undeniable. I'm just not sure about dating for men.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:40 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
It's just the whiners who either a) have the interpersonal skills of a radish, b) have emotional problems, c) refuse to modify their approach, or d) cling to really mechanistic theories about what women want or how women should behave.

I mean, basically, if you take decent care of yourself, are a decent listener, and manage to both be considerate and have a backbone at the same time, then finding a girlfriend just isn't all that hard.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:31 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
I don't think men have it any harder than men 30 years ago did. The Internet has just made it easier for people to voice their frustration and connect with folks who feel the same way. In the old days, if you were upset about being rejected by women, you could only whine about it to your close friends or relatives. Now, you can find a Facebook group or some 'Mens Rights' organization and engage in group female bashing. But this phenomenon goes beyond dating. Just look at our political discourse. In the past, if you were a racist, you had to keep it to yourself. Now you can just go online and find a ton of people who all whine about how their country is being taken away from them and how minorities are getting all the supposed breaks.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:38 PM

1,265 posts, read 970,683 times
The men that run around complaining that they can't get a woman, I feel thats okay they cant, we dont want them procreating anyways. Survival of the fittest is the name of the game.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:18 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
The men that run around complaining that they can't get a woman, I feel thats okay they cant, we dont want them procreating anyways. Survival of the fittest is the name of the game.
Getting a woman doesn't always lead to procreating.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:38 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,067,392 times
What the hell is Red Pill, MGTOW, and PUA?

Old 08-12-2017, 02:43 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I don't think men have it any harder than men 30 years ago did. The Internet has just made it easier for people to voice their frustration and connect with folks who feel the same way. In the old days, if you were upset about being rejected by women, you could only whine about it to your close friends or relatives. Now, you can find a Facebook group or some 'Mens Rights' organization and engage in group female bashing. But this phenomenon goes beyond dating. Just look at our political discourse. In the past, if you were a racist, you had to keep it to yourself. Now you can just go online and find a ton of people who all whine about how their country is being taken away from them and how minorities are getting all the supposed breaks.
Very true. You either did something about it or you shut up about it, because no one was going to listen to you complain. If you hang out online where no one really knows you it's a lot easier to hide from yourself and from the reality that you might just need an attitude adjustment.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:45 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
What the hell is Red Pill, MGTOW, and PUA?
Red Pill = reference to the movie The Matrix where taking the red pill lets you see the world how it really is.
MGTOW = Men going their own way
PUA = Pick up artist

They basically fall into the "Men's Rights" category where a bunch of guys think feminism ruined dating and that women don't actually want or deserve to be treated with respect.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:46 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I think that since women have access to more choices, it is harder for men generally and far more difficult for below average guys.

I never thought getting a girlfriend was easy. In fact, I really think that redoing undergrad again would be far easier than getting a girlfriend.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:51 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,067,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Red Pill = reference to the movie The Matrix where taking the red pill lets you see the world how it really is.
MGTOW = Men going their own way
PUA = Pick up artist

They basically fall into the "Men's Rights" category where a bunch of guys think feminism ruined dating and that women don't actually want or deserve to be treated with respect.
I'm getting old. "Men going their own way"? Where exactly are they going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships