Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 10:42 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToIsenguard View Post
the 33 year old guy I am talking about is a 6'3 250 LB italian lifter very manly dude making 150K a year. He is Chad Thundercock

One of my best friends - a 5'11 195 lb insanely ripped insanely strong good looking all American white guy who is a multi millionaire - also in a terrible marriage. They never have sex and there is zero romance

I barely know anybody who has a happy marriage
I'd say your best friend is probably on SeekingArrangements with sugar babes or has mistresses on the side. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

As for Chad Thundercock he's probably already sleeping around.

While they may both have bad marriages, I'm pretty sure they are dipping their stick elsewhere.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:53 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
I can only imagine the kids are very draining and marriage becomes monotonous,she becomes a mother rather than besotted wife.Most men seem ripe for any type of affair to me,they always seem like their dying to get out of the cage,I never see happily married men either.I had one married man hitting on me last year and even when I spoke to him about his wife he didn't really stop.Personally I think marriage looks very domestic and cosy,full of support and affection I don't see why men don't enjoy it.

In ancient times most married men had more variety in that they had concubines etc,second wives etc I think whining wife and lack of sex are the two biggest and most common age old complaints.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:58 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Most men seem ripe for any type of affair to me,they always seem like their dying to get out of the cage,I never see happily married men either.I had one married man hitting on me last year and even when I spoke to him about his wife he didn't really stop.

In ancient times most married men had more variety in that they had concubines etc,second wives etc I think whining wife and lack of sex are the two biggest and most common age old complaints.
After a few years, most married men would cheat if they had the opportunities or knew they wouldn't get caught. It's amazing how huge the roving eye becomes being married for a long time.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:07 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
so what about all the men who tell me their wives were awesome before marriage and they had sex 5 times a week and now they fight constantly and the sex has evaporated to nothing

how the hell do you prepare for that?

Listen, my husband will tell you I am more awesome after marriage. There are no guarentees, so you must be wise in choosing a mate.

I don't know those guys, I don't know if they are jerks at home, I don't if there primary decision was based on looks or whatever..... and neither do you.

My circle of friends are mainly filled with happily married couples.

You control YOUR life, if you do not feel competent to make wise decisions then you should abstain.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-12-2017, 11:07 AM

20 posts, read 28,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I'd say your best friend is probably on SeekingArrangements with sugar babes or has mistresses on the side. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

As for Chad Thundercock he's probably already sleeping around.

While they may both have bad marriages, I'm pretty sure they are dipping their stick elsewhere.

Is this what's considered normal nowadays?

What's the point of marriage if you're not going to be loyal? I want to have a marriage where we are both crazy about each other 20 years down the line

Old 11-12-2017, 11:10 AM

901 posts, read 747,573 times
Quote:
What agenda?
YOu won't get a straight answer for this. Once people start spiting brutal truths and realities here, the COPE begins.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:19 AM

20 posts, read 28,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
YOu won't get a straight answer for this. Once people start spiting brutal truths and realities here, the COPE begins.

I really don't have an agenda

I am just shocked how rarely I hear about couples who are truly happy

Old 11-12-2017, 11:56 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
They are all hunting for....

Old 11-12-2017, 12:09 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I work at a place that's 80% married men between 33-50 and I swear they're all miserable in their marriage and constantly ***** about their wives and how terrible the wives are.

Why is this? is marriage really that difficult??

Some of it is so mind boggling too. One of the guys is a 33 year old, decent looking, super super chill great guy where him and his wife combined make 200K a year and have zero debt. What the hell is there to complain about?? Yet he tells me the wife is always bitching about every little thing. This is terrifying to me - I want to get married and have kids in next 15 years but my idea of marriage is marrying my best friend where we get along great and improve each other's life. My quality of life right now is tremendous...if that's what I'm looking forward to, I might as well never get married or have kids.
It could be that these guys made poor choices. This doesn't reflect on YOUR ability to choose a good partner. But I'll tell you from my own observations, there seems to be an office culture, in some offices, where people generally poke fun at, or complain about, their spouses, and that's how co-workers bond. I worked in an office once where the women would share silly stories about their spouses, minor complaints. I didn't understand it either, OP. But these were not divorce-worthy issues, only complaints about individual quirks, or minor shortcomings. I haven't run into this phenom in any office where I've worked since then, so IDK; it may be reflective of a certain working-class niche, or something.

I would take it all with a grain of salt. I certainly didn't let it sour me on marriage altogether; that seems like kind of an extreme reaction. I'm sure if you think about it, you know happily-married men and women.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:12 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I really don't have an agenda

I am just shocked how rarely I hear about couples who are truly happy
IME people who are happily married don't brag about it in the workplace. If the marriage is humming along nicely, there's nothing special to talk about, really. You may observe happy marriages in other ways: among relatives you're close to, who display affection, or among married friends who enjoy weekend trips and activities together, or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships