Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 11:26 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,182,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambouchier View Post
I get the feeling you don't much like the idea. But think about it, think of the benefits for women.

I've seen plenty of women with no make up, but women don't interest me, if you know what I mean.
What benefits?

Old 11-16-2017, 11:26 AM

26,706 posts, read 41,864,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambouchier View Post
There's an app that was recently created which allows you to edit a photo to remove all make up. It's still in the early stages but apparently it's very accurate.

Let's say you've been chatting with someone on a dating site, would you want to run their photo through such an app in order to see what they look like without make up before meeting them?
Typically if you can dive into a woman's FB or Instagram, they typically have at least one no makeup photo. Not life or death but it would be nice to get the full story before deciding to date them or not.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:38 AM

658 posts, read 361,515 times
Yes I would. It's a more authentic version of them, for a start, and I would like to know that I'd still be attracted to them in their natural state.

Oh, and I wouldn't use an "app" to determine what they were like without makeup. I'd ask them for such a photo directly. If they were uncomfortable enough to not give me one, I'd next them, probably. Shows they don't trust me much.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:44 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,663,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northnomad View Post
Yes I would. It's a more authentic version of them, for a start, and I would like to know that I'd still be attracted to them in their natural state.

Oh, and I wouldn't use an "app" to determine what they were like without makeup. I'd ask them for such a photo directly. If they were uncomfortable enough to not give me one, I'd next them, probably. Shows they don't trust me much.
LOL, you guys are hilarious! No one has ever asked me for a “makeup free” photo, nor would I provide one. If you’re that worried that I might be hideously ugly underneath the small amount of makeup that I wear, just move on.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 1 day ago)

35,880 posts, read 18,189,763 times
I can tell what a woman looks like without makeup just by looking at her.

Unless she's got professionally applied stage make up for a scene in a movie - for example, she's made to look like she's been in a serious accident and half her face is missing - I can already tell what she looks like.

Can't pretty much everyone?

Old 11-16-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northnomad View Post
I'd ask them for such a photo directly.

There are so many other less lab-like, more flirty ways to get what you want from this ^^^ transaction.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:53 AM

20,777 posts, read 20,071,460 times
How time efficient. You do not have to stay overnight anymore to see her morning face

Old 11-16-2017, 11:56 AM

20,777 posts, read 20,071,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I can tell what a woman looks like without makeup just by looking at her.

Unless she's got professionally applied stage make up for a scene in a movie - for example, she's made to look like she's been in a serious accident and half her face is missing - I can already tell what she looks like.

Can't pretty much everyone?
I don't think so. I find some people look very, very different without makeup. Some use it to enhance, some use it to look like a completely different person.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:58 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 1 day ago)

35,880 posts, read 18,189,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I don't think so. I find some people look very, very different without makeup. Some use it to enhance, some use it to look like a completely different person.
So I googled the ap, and all the examples they gave of the pic with makeup and the ap showing the woman without makeup, are completely obvious to me. In many cases the woman hardly looks different at all.

I guess there are a few women who truly look different - not just kind of "faded" without makeup - but I couldn't find any examples of that on their ap.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a8055866.html

The article would be better if they included an ACTUAL photo of the woman without make up though.

But yes, if someone has professional make up intended, for example, to disguise their identity their real appearance might be surprising. I do know women who spend more than half an hour on makeup each morning, and although they look colorful and smooth, I think most people could guess what they looked like without makeup pretty accurately.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I don't wear foundation, but I know there are many who do extensive Kardashian-style contouring. Oprah also attested to the effectiveness of her make-up artist helping her eyes look better.

But to think that an app could legitimately remove makeup to reveal the subject's actual appearance is naive. An app can only add stuff that isn't there already, so any photos "without makeup" are just photos of people with other "features" (dark circles, blemishes, etc) added that they may not actually have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.