Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:09 PM

61,945 posts, read 87,574,290 times

Advertisements

I don't need an app to imagine how someone would look like without a makeup. Not that hard at all...

Old 11-16-2017, 12:12 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,387,962 times
I read about this new app in another forum and I laughed.

Seriously, makeup or not, its hardly a deal breaker for many men, including myself. For the most part (especially if you been with a lot of women) I could tell what a woman looks like without makeup.

Personally, I think the make app is sexist. Kinda funny, but sexist.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:18 PM

658 posts, read 361,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

There are so many other less lab-like, more flirty ways to get what you want from this ^^^ transaction.
LOL, I don't just say " I want a photo of you with no make-up".

I build it into a positive, pleasant conversation. So far, 100% success rate. Something must be working.

Not only that, but even when I make a conversation out of the topic, some girls offer me such pics of themselves. Even better.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:23 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,261,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I can tell what a woman looks like without makeup just by looking at her.

Unless she's got professionally applied stage make up for a scene in a movie - for example, she's made to look like she's been in a serious accident and half her face is missing - I can already tell what she looks like.

Can't pretty much everyone?
For day-to-day enhancing make-up, yes. I know women that layer on make-up, add fake eyelashes, do heavy contouring, etc. You would fall out of your seat if you saw them without make up.

Op, this app is absurd. How can it possibly "remove" make-up from a photo to expose a person's actual skin?

And not quite sure how it benefits women unless they're into dudes that wear make-up

Old 11-16-2017, 12:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,103,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northnomad View Post

I build it into a positive, pleasant conversation. So far, 100% success rate. Something must be working.

Not only that, but even when I make a conversation out of the topic, some girls offer me such pics of themselves. Even better.
Congrats on 100% getting what you wanted, but I gotta tell you that asking someone that is truly tactless.

I realize that we live in a society now that mostly doesn't care about that, though.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:25 PM

102,262 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambouchier View Post
There's an app that was recently created which allows you to edit a photo to remove all make up. It's still in the early stages but apparently it's very accurate.

Let's say you've been chatting with someone on a dating site, would you want to run their photo through such an app in order to see what they look like without make up before meeting them?
It would be a lot more accurate to just meet them in person. You could see if they were wearing a lot of makeup. Who knows, you may even have fun and decide you don't care if they're wearing makeup or not. Imagine that! Heaven forbid you should actually enjoy yourself in a woman's company.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:31 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,038,788 times
Quote:

I believe it works if your wording is very careful. I think only very insecure women who hide behind make up would mind that question or if it comes off as rude.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Congrats on 100% getting what you wanted, but I gotta tell you that asking someone that is truly tactless.

I realize that we live in a society now that mostly doesn't care about that, though.
Nah, it's more about making the person feel comfortable enough that they are willing to share it with you.

I always tell them they don't have to show me anything they don't want to. It's like asking without actually asking, if that makes sense.

The point is that I'd rather see an actual photo than use one of these apps.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:39 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,103,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I think only very insecure women who hide behind make up would mind that question or if it comes off as rude.
Not really, though. It's a rude question because it implies deception. No matter how "casually" you word it, at it's heart, it's a test.

Quote:
Nah, it's more about making the person feel comfortable enough that they are willing to share it with you.

I always tell them they don't have to show me anything they don't want to. It's like asking without actually asking, if that makes sense.
It's super presumptuous.

Making her feel comfortable? By implying that you disapprove of the choice she made (to wear whatever amount of make-up)?

Old 11-16-2017, 12:47 PM

Making her feel comfortable by being positive and light hearted of course! Comfortable to be talking with me and being honest with each other.

Oh, and I love to see a girl wearing (tasteful) makeup. I also like to see her authentic natural self. No deception involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships