Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 12:21 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
There is nothing wrong with you. You are just growing up to be a man who instinctively understands how to get women. The more women you are sleeping with, the more attractive you are to all other women. Thats just how the cookie crumbles. There is only one rule, be upfront and honest about all of these other women, so you are not deceiving or lying to anyone. Dont worry, its an attractant, not a turn off. So you get to brag freely while announcing your sexual prowess, which makes you mroe attractive to women around you. Sounds like a win to me.
You are either:

1. A troll
2. Someone who knows absolutely nothing about females
3. As deep as a mud-puddle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 12:27 PM

336 posts, read 195,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You are either:

1. A troll
or 4. I could teach you a thing or two about gender dynamics and how to get women. Being a doormat, certainly doesnt get it done.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:33 PM

340 posts, read 272,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You are either:

1. A troll
I'm not a troll, and if I didn't know nothing about women I wouldn't date three girls at once as I was months ago!

Old 01-25-2018, 12:38 PM

340 posts, read 272,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
or 4. I could teach you a thing or two about gender dynamics and how to get women. Being a doormat, certainly doesnt get it done.
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word doormat!

Old 01-25-2018, 01:11 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
I'm not a troll, and if I didn't know nothing about women I wouldn't date three girls at once as I was months ago!
Bwahahahahahaha

I'm sure all 3 were highly educated women...I mean who could resist a guy you uses "I didn't know nothing".

Old 01-25-2018, 02:33 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I take it a little further.

I believe that happiness is the highest form of wisdom, and it's hard to find happiness (of a meaningful sort, not the fleeting kind that leaves you hungrier than ever shortly after) if you aren't being genuine. If you are lying to others and using others, you are likely not being genuine with yourself, either.

Also? Men I have seen who habitually used women for sex, lied to them, and flaked off to the next as quick as they could... What happens to that man? Well, he develops negative views of women, often enough. That they are easily suckered, that they are unintelligent, not deserving of respect, or that they are grasping and he's got to dodge carefully lest they take his resources... I've known strippers who ended up hating men, and the only reason I could find for that, is that they spent a long time looking into the face of the worst that men have to offer. And I've known famous musicians who confessed after years of having groupies throw themselves at them, that they had lost hope in ever finding LOVE, which despite denying it in their youth, their souls actually craved...and that they'd lost the ability to trust or respect women.

It gets even worse, if a person reaches advanced age, riding this same manifesto of using other people to get by in one way or another, and eventually find themselves too old to pull it off, and still alone, or in an unhealthy relationship because they are too messed up to form a good one.

I have, on the other hand, known at least one man who engaged the women he had casual sex with, in conversations and debates and friendship, and seems to still have a genuine regard for these women, even if he doesn't want to partner up with one. He doesn't seem to hate women at all. Or to dehumanize us. Wanting sex without attachment in the year 2018 should not mean that you have to treat people badly.

A smidgeon of Buddhist sourced philosophy would go a long way toward explaining that when you do harm to others or disregard, hurt, disrespect them, use them or deceive them for your own fleeting gratification...you wind up ultimately harming yourself most of all. And as I mentioned in another recent thread here, unless you are a true sociopath, a sense of moral discomfort, should be telling you something about what you're doing. It is a signal you need to do some thinking about your choices, that you might be denying your authentic self.
I don't give a **** about the Buddhism, but it certainly seems as plain as day.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:08 PM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I don't give a **** about the Buddhism, but it certainly seems as plain as day.
I'm not a religious person, so that's not where I'm coming from with this, there's just a lot of philosophy there that is meant to get you thinking about healthier ways to handle yourself and relate to the world around you. It's why there are a bajillion self-help books that are titled things like "The Zen of..." whatever.

My boyfriend's had me reading stuff. Some of the ideas are useful.

Most of them seem "plain as day" obvious...yet most people don't really think about things that way, especially if they are in the middle of justifying doing something that their internal compass tells them isn't right, but they want the gratification the easiest way. Very human to talk yourself out of doing what we know deep down is the right thing.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:14 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm not a religious person, so that's not where I'm coming from with this, there's just a lot of philosophy there that is meant to get you thinking about healthier ways to handle yourself and relate to the world around you. It's why there are a bajillion self-help books that are titled things like "The Zen of..." whatever.

My boyfriend's had me reading stuff. Some of the ideas are useful.

Most of them seem "plain as day" obvious...yet most people don't really think about things that way, especially if they are in the middle of justifying doing something that their internal compass tells them isn't right, but they want the gratification the easiest way. Very human to talk yourself out of doing what we know deep down is the right thing.
And people wonder why, and get upset when, I ask them "why".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships