Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 07:27 PM

87 posts, read 58,404 times

Advertisements

What is a classy food for a first date. I made a clearly horrendous blooper that could have literally ended in a bloodbath when I ordered FF and proceeded to cover in ketchup! I know white wine is a possibility but any other hints?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 07:52 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lexie View Post
What is a classy food for a first date. I made a clearly horrendous blooper that could have literally ended in a bloodbath when I ordered FF and proceeded to cover in ketchup! I know white wine is a possibility but any other hints?
It's not like white wine is a typical substitute for french fries

Did someone comment on your french fry order??

I think it's probably the "covering in ketchup" that was the faux pas:

Next time, just dip, and hold out your pinkie while you do it. That's EXTRA classy.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:01 PM

1,201 posts, read 804,603 times
Quote:
Anyone that uses “classy”, isn’t. Neither is anyone that would make an issue out of what you ordered on a date if it was available on the menu. You should not be worrying about what you eat on a first date, other than not ordering the most expensive thing on the menu or something you will be uncomfortable eating, or that might cause gastrointestinal issues.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:02 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

Next time, just dip, and hold out your pinkie while you do it. That's EXTRA classy.
Him: Babe, why don't you just put the ketchup all over your fries?
Her: What if I decide I don't want ketchup on this fry?
Him: Well...yeah, but...
Her: What if I want to eat it naked?
Him: I mean...I never said you...
Her: What if I want to taste every inch of salt on this one particular fry?
Him: What are you...
Her: IS IT SO WRONG THAT I MAY WANT TO SAVOR EVERY BIT OF SODIUM CHLORIDE ON ONE PARTICULAR FRY?
Him: .......

Old 04-11-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

Do you think ordering FF was ok? Nobody actually said anything, but, man I felt really uncomfortable as if a man with a chain saw might come running out and cut my head off at any minute after this crazy maneuver I pulled at lunch. I thought I was being so smart meeting a first date for lunch instead of dinner then I pull this crazy shenanigan!

Old 04-11-2018, 08:10 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Why are you obsessing over French fries? And what do you mean, "a classy food for a first date"? Are you planning a picnic, or a home-cooked meal? In most cases, the choices depend on what the restaurant offers. So we can't help you, until you tell us what type of restaurant you have in mind. Hint: some "restaurants" don't offer classy food. Only "food". I think of it more as food substitutes. Are you sure your dates can afford real restaurants with real food? I'm not sure why I'm having doubts...

Old 04-11-2018, 08:10 PM

1,201 posts, read 804,603 times
Quote:
Do you think ordering FF was ok? Nobody actually said anything, but, man I felt really uncomfortable as if a man with a chain saw might come running out and cut my head off at any minute after this crazy maneuver I pulled at lunch. I thought I was being so smart meeting a first date for lunch instead of dinner then I pull this crazy shenanigan!
You are seriously over thinking this! If the establishment offered fries on the menu, it was perfectly acceptable to order them. Who doesn’t love fries? And who eats fries without ketchup? There are many nice restaurants that offer fries (regular, truffle, sweet potato) fries with their $16 grass fed burgers or sandwiches. Now if you were sticking your fries up your nostrils or pretending the ketchup was blood, that would be a serious faux pas! Otherwise, relax! I’m sure your date thought nothing over it- or he was glad you didn’t pretend you don’t eat like many ladies do.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:13 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
A first date should be a simple meal, period.

In fact a woman that wants fast food like french fries is a keeper.

Some guys make the classic mistake of going all out and fancy on a first date, reserving a table for two at some five star, fancy schmancy restaurant, thinking this will 'impress' her. Then they come onto this forum and cry and wonder why their 'girlfriend' never returns the text or never wants to hang out anymore.

First date should actually be something simple, like a coffee date.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why are you obsessing over French fries? And what do you mean, "a classy food for a first date"? Are you planning a picnic, or a home-cooked meal? In most cases, the choices depend on what the restaurant offers. So we can't help you, until you tell us what type of restaurant you have in mind. Hint: some "restaurants" don't offer classy food. Only "food". I think of it more as food substitutes. Are you sure your dates can afford real restaurants with real food? I'm not sure why I'm having doubts...

If I was to go to a Thai eatery what would you suggest? I only make reservations so there will clearly be no home cooked meals or picnics happening especially if I'm making crazy embarrassing eating choices like FF smeared in ketchup I mean next thing I know I will order a fish head or something bizarre like that OMG!

Old 04-11-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
You are seriously over thinking this! If the establishment offered fries on the menu, it was perfectly acceptable to order them. Who doesn’t love fries? And who eats fries without ketchup? There are many nice restaurants that offer fries (regular, truffle, sweet potato) fries with their $16 grass fed burgers or sandwiches. Now if you were sticking your fries up your nostrils or pretending the ketchup was blood, that would be a serious faux pas! Otherwise, relax! I’m sure your date thought nothing over it- or he was glad you didn’t pretend you don’t eat like many ladies do.

LOL! Gosh I hope I don't stick them up my nose although the way I was going that might be my next step...haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships