Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 07:31 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,741,887 times

Advertisements

So I've been seeing all these interesting threads pop up of late about dudes hesitating to approach or make a move for a variety of reasons. One reason of course, is the fear that they will be humiliated or rejected in a less than civilized way. So for good fun, please share some of the worst rejections you have experienced. As bad as yours is, I'm sure someone has had it even worst than you.

So since I started this thing, I will go first. Okay, so I know this won't be as bad as others, but one night at the bar/club I tried to hit it off with these two women who were dancing by themselves. I came over to introduce myself, and immediately was given a cold, blank stare. After about a minute they started ignoring me, and one of the girls gave her friend a big thumbs down. They then told me they wanted another guy to chill with. I'll be honest with you, the way that all transpired kind of hurt.

Now what about you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 07:34 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,104,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
So I've been seeing all these interesting threads pop up of late about dudes hesitating to approach or make a move for a variety of reasons. One reason of course, is the fear that they will be humiliated or rejected in a less than civilized way. So for good fun, please share some of the worst rejections you have experienced. As bad as yours is, I'm sure someone has had it even worst than you.

So since I started this thing, I will go first. Okay, so I know this won't be as bad as others, but one night at the bar/club I tried to hit it off with these two women who were dancing by themselves. I came over to introduce myself, and immediately was given a cold, blank stare. After about a minute they started ignoring me, and one of the girls gave her friend a big thumbs down. They then told me they wanted another guy to chill with. I'll be honest with you, the way that all transpired kind of hurt.

Now what about you...
Being shunned by a girl who I've thought was my friend because I wanted to continue where we've left off from high school but she didn't and I've really had considered her to be a good friend in high school

Old 03-29-2015, 08:01 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Suddenly.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:08 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Ignoring at the moment of truth.

Like, extended, intense flirting, then radio silence and a disappearing act when I tried to close the deal.

Oh well ....

Old 03-29-2015, 08:14 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,195,242 times
When I was told another girl, celeb was hotter than I. And said celeb is a lesbian, so so much for their fantasies. Then going cold, and dating another girl. At first, the guy did seem rather flirty, so I thought he was interested. But apparently not.

Then there's a guy I liked, and he knew. But he was interested in my cousin instead, but still liked to tease me for liking him and him not being interested.

Then there's outright rudeness where you try to just talk and be friendly, but the guys just bark for you to get lost.

So yeah, I hate rejection. It's embarrassing and a confidence-killer. Mine is dead and buried currently lol I am passed all the guys, it was just bad at the time. Ego is still damaged though. lol But don't care much for the guys anymore.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:16 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,922 times
I've never been rejected initially. But the ways I have been broken up with in the past (which counts as a rejection)...not so great.
So far:

1) Dumped by email after dating my high school boyfriend for a year, which was forever back then.
2) My second boyfriend yelled at me over the phone because I had cut our Skype call short the night before (for good reason), told me I would get "bonus points" (??) for not talking to him while he was on vacation for two weeks, and hung up on me.
Later he lied/spread rumors about some...personal details about me to his friends but that's another story.

I don't really understand sometimes why women, or men, have to be mean when rejecting people while they're out. Just calmly say you are not interested or have a boyfriend or girlfriend. That can sting too but it's certainly better than getting a thumbs down. Seriously.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:19 PM

986 posts, read 1,667,165 times
Rejection is awful, especially when there isn't any "warning".

Met this guy online. All week we had great conversation. I sent him very recent pictures and explained the fact that I am six feet tall. Our first date was at the movies. I met him there, and we walked in together. I noticed that he didn't have much to say upon initially meeting me besides the basic small talk (how was your day, etc. etc.). I've been dating for a while, so I'm pretty aware of what answers send up "red flags".

He paid for my movie and we went to sit down. He gets up and says, "I'm going to the concession stand, do you need anything?" I reply, "no, I'm not hungry."

I'm still waiting for him to return from the concession stand. I have no idea what I did to turn him completely off. At least I got to see Tropic Thunder for free.

For God's sake, it's a movie...you couldn't sit with me for 2 hours - and TALKING is NOT required? That stung a little.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
He had a girlfriend.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:22 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Strangely, the only time I really ever was hurt by rejection was when I wasn't even trying yo get with this chick and she was putting the brakes on everything.

I was like, "Dude, I am not even into you!" But she didn't believe me for whatever reason and kept telling me why NO.

It was baffling and for some reason REALLY irked me.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:36 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,741,887 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting for him to return from the concession stand. I have no idea what I did to turn him completely off. At least I got to see Tropic Thunder for free.
Wow! That's pretty awful. Maybe he got a bad stomach ache from all the popcorn. Either way, I'm sorry that happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships