Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 03:41 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypennington View Post
Am I overreacting due to this online behavior or is it warranted?
You are choosing to remain in the land of denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 11:06 PM

107 posts, read 138,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
You are choosing to remain in the land of denial.
Denial of?

Old 01-03-2018, 04:50 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,797 times
OP:the word ‘promiscuous’ can apply to both women AND men, you know. You can avoid most of this drama by making deposits more selectively.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:09 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Am I overreacting due to this online behavior or is it warranted?
I feel you like this behavior. You enjoy being the victim. Why did she do this to me? I am so nice to her.. I didn't see it coming. You like sharing your girlfriend/wife with other men. There is nothing wrong with it just as long as you like it. There is a fetish for this type of behavior. Have fun and wear a condom....

Old 01-03-2018, 07:20 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,741 times
Quote:
Basically, I met and quickly jumped into a relationship with a woman who has had a tumultuous past. ?
This is your first mistake. The second is knocking her up (there are things you can do to try and prevent that you know).

You are screwed. Enjoy the mess when you are with yet another woman and have two kids from two different women.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:44 AM

888 posts, read 555,767 times
I don't get it, I just don't get it. Apparently everyone warned you about this girl. WHY is this type of woman attractive to you? Do you just want to be the white knight? And more importantly, why do you do this to your child? I don't feel sorry for you, but I do feel sorry for your child. And I am sorry, you know how not to get someone pregnant, but you did it anyways.

I am just shaking my head. I know great women who are catches, have jobs, attractive, have their life together, but this is what is attractive to you? And she had her own place with " help from the state" Maybe this woman should think about supporting herself and getting a job rather than making more babies for other people to support and looking for a guy to support her. Just a thought.

And for some reason you WANT to marry her? sigh

Have fun with that.

Last edited by canadiangirl_2015; 01-03-2018 at 09:06 AM..

Old 01-03-2018, 08:49 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Basically, I met and quickly jumped into a relationship with a woman who has had a tumultuous past. Her life is seemingly endless drama. Her mother was abusive and passed away years ago, her father and step-mother only fight with her. Bad parental relationships..

She's had a promiscuous past (when she used to be single) and she used to go after the wrong type of men (the bad boys), and merely 2 weeks after the last bad boy screwed her over, we met. We quickly jumped into a relationship. She's now 28 and Im 29. We each have one child from separate relationships. We've now been together for 16 months. We've had our fair share of ups and downs.

Several months into the relationship, she became pregnant with our child. Our child is due in April. Four months ago, I moved her into my apartment (she had her own place with her child, with help from the state-- and now she's living with me.) Two weeks ago, we upscaled from an apartment to a house. I've been providing for her and taking care of her. Something she's not accustomed to, but I know she's enjoying.

I have 2 nagging concerns:

1) She wasn't crazy about me in the beginning. She actually hid her relationship status on facebook for the first few months we were together and I noticed she was adding some random local guys. After about 3 months of being together, I noticed she deleted them and made our relationship status visible... but she still likes to give other men her attention online. As if my love and attention isn't enough. From time to time, I notice her Liking other men's photos, and occasionally leaving a flirty comment here and there.

Just recently, I was on Instagram, and on my Activity Feed, I noticed she started liking some of her EX BOYFRIEND'S pictures. Mostly pictures of himself. This is an ex from a few years ago. They broke up because she dumped him (didn't want to settle down in her early 20s) and she tried coming back to him 1 or 2 years later, but he had moved on. Now she's following him and Liking his pictures... I feel this is disrespectful to our relationship but I'm afraid if I tell her this, she'll think of me as a clingy stalker.

2) She recently posted pictures on facebook of a holiday party we had. She tagged me in the album. One of our mutual friends commented "So when are you guys getting married?" She replied with "Haha, that is funny." Our friend said, "Well that would seem like the next logical step, wouldn't it?" She replied with, "Yeahhh I don't see that happening." We've dabbled in the discussion of marriage in the past but nothing too serious. I didn't want to come off as clingy and put a ton of pressure on her. But is this a red flag? Unless she was joking?

I know these are probably red flags but are they BIG red flags? Does anybody suspect some kind of personality disorder going on here?
Yeah. There's a personality disorder here. You're thinking with the wrong head. The writings on the wall dude. Have a nice life.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:05 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
I don't get it, I just don't get it. Apparently everyone warned you about this girl. WHY is this type of woman attractive to you? Do you just want to be the white knight? And more importantly, why do you do this to your child? I don't feel sorry for you, but I do feel sorry for your child. And I am sorry, you know how not to get someone pregnant, but you did it anyways.

I am just shaking my head. I know great women who are catches, have jobs, attractive, have their life together, but this is what is attractive to you?

He enjoys it. THere are weird fetishes out there..

Old 01-03-2018, 09:11 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Denial of?
Just about everything. Wake up and smell the coffee!

Old 01-03-2018, 09:21 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post

I am just shaking my head. I know great women who are catches, have jobs, attractive, have their life together, but this is what is attractive to you? And she had her own place with " help from the state" Maybe this woman should think about supporting herself and getting a job rather than making more babies for other people to support and looking for a guy to support her. Just a thought.

Have fun with that.
In about 6 months he'll be complaining about how girls dog nice guys and joining MRA sites. SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships