Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I end it or not?
Male: yes 11 37.93%
Male: no 0 0%
Female: yes 18 62.07%
Female: no 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 12:22 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Man, why are you not in college? I'm assuming you're in the same age category. Work on yourself. If you don't have money for college, join the military. Chances are, after 4 years, you'll have a degree, plenty of money, have veteran status and desirable job skills.

Just pick a career field that you think might have considerable upside, and maybe to a lesser extent, one that you enjoy.

Forget this chicken head. Work on yourself. Based on your initial post, it sounds like you are on the weak side when it comes to relationships.

You gotta take control of that boat, but you gotta grow up and be a man. Go out and be a man.
Seriously, this. Sounds like you have nothing better to do than to chase after a girl who already dumped you and now you're basically borderline stalking every action she makes. Focus on yourself, move on, and work on being a better you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 12:31 PM

130,418 posts, read 12,124,678 times
SHe wants to date other men, she is clearly not into an exclusive relationship, at this stage of her young life. Move on.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:37 PM

10 posts, read 7,397 times
I was thinking she wants to date other men too, but even today I haven't responded to her and she's been blowing my phone up saying how much she loves me and wants to be with me... I just don't understand

Old 01-10-2018, 12:48 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Maybe you should actually talk to her and not decide your relationship via text? Just a thought.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:55 PM

10 posts, read 7,397 times
I do talk to her on the phone. All the time, but she's at work right now so she's just been texting me.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:59 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Dude...she already HAS broken up with you. When a girl wants a break to "find herself", she means "she wants to find other guys to date and it's not you.". She was letting you down nice.You really need to just relax, and let go of this girl. Bottom line, you AREN'T together. She CAN go out with other dudes and hook up if she wants. It's not up to you to say, so you being all suspicious and questioning her is just ridiculous and makes you look insecure and silly.

You need to LAY the F off. You're all over this girl and not giving her space. Dude, this is probably WHY she wants a "break" from you to begin with. Just reading this makes me feel like I can't breathe around you, and I'm a dude. You're so worried about her talking to other dudes that you are literally pushing her to go and talk to other dudes. Why would she want to be with someone who goes through her phone, constantly questions who she's talking to, asking where she is, who she's with, etc. You aren't giving this girl a chance to breathe!

This isn't a bad reflection on her, this is a bad reflection on you. With your actions, you are pushing this girl into another guys arms. She's most likely complaining to another dude about your super inquisitive actions, and that guy most likely going to hook up with your ex. Because she's just that...your ex. You're just in denial, but she ended it with you before her break.

Lay off, seriously. Give the girl a chance to breathe. Stop calling her and let her call you and just go about your life unless she comes back to you. Not the other way around.
I agree the OP should move on. However, the vibe I get is that she was going to do this regardless of how clingy (or whatever you want to call it) the OP was or was not.

What I mean it, her asking for 'space' already meant it was likely over, no matter what, but the advice to move on I agree with.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:35 PM

531 posts, read 384,798 times
A woman wanting a "break" always means shes banging someone else. Probably on a daily basis. Time to end it.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:39 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
I think you're both messy people with bad relationship habits. Either break up and go make other people miserable, or stay together and make each other miserable.

She has little idea of how to set and maintain boundaries. She shouldn't have let anyone blow up her phone all night, she shouldn't be enabling that kind of behavior from anybody. She also should not stay in a relationship with someone who doesn't trust her. Though she could certainly be more deserving of trust. Clearly your behavior is not healthy for her to deal with, and just as clearly she wants to play the field a bit. Whether she's having sex with these other men, or simply having the thrill of flirty interactions with them and enjoying the attention...she is not in a place to be your property and not give or receive attention with other males. She enjoys it, to whatever degree. But despite getting that about herself enough to ask you for a "break" (whatever that even means) she doesn't seem to have the self-respect to let you go, and for some odd reason she is clinging to the relationship, blowing up your phone. She lets others treat her that way, and she treats you that way. That is HER stuff.

You seem to want someone who is entirely under your control and allows you to treat them like a child, monitoring their social activities and being constantly suspicious of their interactions with other guys. Either you have picker problems in getting with a woman who isn't deserving of trust, or you have trust problems. It hardly matters, the end result is that due to your suspicious and controlling actions, she won't feel safe being genuine and honest with you, anyways. It's like you're ready to be married to a little woman who doesn't get to talk to other men, and yet you have chosen somebody who still wants to live the college-girl experience. And all that fuss with only 4 months time building this thing? That is MENTAL. What are you doing? She isn't ready for the kind of serious you're demanding of her. That is YOUR stuff.

I think that one or both of you needs to end this thing, and you both should grow up some before you try to be in a serious commitment again. And next time you try, find someone who is grown up enough to be ready to get serious, not still a kid who wants to play, AND for heaven's sakes, slow your roll.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:25 PM

23,174 posts, read 26,211,073 times
She's young. Despite what others may say, depending on what kind of girl she is, it doesn't automatically mean she screwing somebody or even wants to, but it does indicate that she the wants the freedom to explore her options.
Whether or not you want to stay in the running is up to you

Old 01-10-2018, 02:27 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling23 View Post
I was thinking she wants to date other men too, but even today I haven't responded to her and she's been blowing my phone up saying how much she loves me and wants to be with me... I just don't understand
Eh, it doesn't sound like love. It sounds more like codependence.

You're playing games (by ignoring her), and she's afraid to express her true feelings. It's a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships