Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 04:16 PM

152 posts, read 260,854 times

Advertisements

Hi,

What's wrong me?

I'm single(man) for couple of years now. I'm 31

I'm desperate, I want woman in my life.

So, there's this couleague of mine(she's a little bit younger 27 or smth like that) in office, I really like her, she's really beautiful, sexy and positive woman. When I didn't consider her as my "potential girlfriend", I didn't have any problems with communicating with her. When I found out that she's single also, I sent her some FB messages that I like her and I would want to go out with her, but I was probaly too open about my feelings towards her because I wrote those messages during my second bottle of wine. She said "I'm no saying "no", but you should talk to me more when at work, don't be so shy:smac k: etc." Bleep]
And now I can't even talk to her, I can't look at her. I'm embarassed The only thing I can say to her is hello and praying god that somebody else is there so that we are not one to one. Because I can't think of anything that I could say to her that wouldn't embarass me even more.

I thought my teenage years are gone, but I'm still a f loser. I know she likes me but I just become numb when I have to talk to her. I basically have nothing to say Nothing!

Any advice?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-23-2018 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 04:21 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Acknowledge you had an "awkward moment," process it, stop overthinking, let it go, and talk to her.

It's really that simple.

You're making things worse with all this overthinking.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Acknowledge you had an "awkward moment," process it, stop overthinking, let it go, and talk to her.

It's really that simple.

You're making things worse with all this overthinking.
Ok, but talk to her about WHAT? About [bleep] weather or job or what?
I have no problems talking with girls I'm not attracted to or those that are not single(many of them ar SO hot, but I have no feelings towards them, so I can just talk, make laughs and even hug, no problems, so called friend zone). But once I'm in this position, I'm braindead lunatic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-23-2018 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang View Post
Ok, but talk to her about WHAT? About [bleep] weather or job or what?
I have no problems talking with girls I'm not attracted to or those that are not single(many of them ar SO hot, but I have no feelings towards them, so I can just talk, make laughs and even hug, no problems, so called friend zone). But once I'm in this position, I'm braindead lunatic.
Pretend all of that never happened. Just start from scratch, and talk to her about whatever you talk about with the dude in the next office/cubicle.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-23-2018 at 03:29 PM..

Old 01-19-2018, 04:41 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Ask her what type of coffee or tea she likes & wing it.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Ask her what type of coffee or tea she likes & wing it.
I would want to do that but my voice would tremble and I would look like a loser or whatever you call a man than isn't capable of expressing his feelings and just keep calm like a [bleep] James Bond. I know that by looks I'm probably pretty looking guy but my emotional comfort zone is 0.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-23-2018 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Pretend all of that never happened. Just start from scratch, and talk to her about whatever you talk about with the dude in the next office/cubicle.
But should I write to her that let's just "Pretend all of that never happened" or should I say it to her that "Pretend all of that never happened" or should I really Pretend all of that never happened?

Old 01-19-2018, 05:12 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
But should I write to her that let's just "Pretend all of that never happened" or should I say it to her that "Pretend all of that never happened" or should I really Pretend all of that never happened?
No!! Don't say or write anything to her about what's already happened. That's what "start from scratch" means.

Just move forward and act like nothing thing else has happened. She's already told you to talk to her more at work.

So do it.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:13 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Quote:
Hi,

What's wrong me?

I'm single(man) for couple of years now. I'm 31

I'm desperate, I want woman in my life.

So, there's this couleague of mine(she's a little bit younger 27 or smth like that) in office, I really like her, she's really beautiful, sexy and positive woman. When I didn't consider her as my "potential girlfriend", I didn't have any problems with communicating with her. When I found out that she's single also, I sent her some FB messages that I like her and I would want to go out with her, but I was probaly too open about my feelings towards her because I wrote those messages during my second bottle of wine. She said "I'm no saying "no", but you should talk to me more when at work, don't be so shy:smac k: etc." [bleep]
And now I can't even talk to her, I can't look at her. I'm embarassed The only thing I can say to her is hello and praying god that somebody else is there so that we are not one to one. Because I can't think of anything that I could say to her that wouldn't embarass me even more.

I thought my teenage years are gone, but I'm still a f loser. I know she likes me but I just become numb when I have to talk to her. I basically have nothing to say Nothing!

Any advice?
First off don’t date people from work. Secondly you’re likely not a loser and whomever has made you feel this way I feel sad for. I would work on yourself first before trying to get in a relationship. Develop a better group of positive male and female relationships and you’ll be in a better spot.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-23-2018 at 03:30 PM..

Old 01-19-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
First off don’t date people from work. Secondly you’re likely not a loser and whomever has made you feel this way I feel sad for. I would work on yourself first before trying to get in a relationship. Develop a better group of positive male and female relationships and you’ll be in a better spot.
I'm with BirdieBelle gang.
I've already lost too many oppurtunities to be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships