Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2018, 01:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

4 or 5 watched my manager cut a piece of my hair and tape it between the centerfolds' legs hanging above his desk. None applauded, one said 'sorry about that' ... 2 had their heads down. Men who don't harrass know better, so they can't pretend they'll get arrested when they behave properly.
Well, here's tip for next time, direct from my (female) former boss in response to me being THE THIRD young woman to complain of the stockroom man waiting in the narrow corridor to stand still and "wait like a gentleman" for women to be forced to pass by him, hence directly rubbing his crotch which he faced directly outward toward her passing hips/rear (that's when he'd "try to move"...i.e., he'd wiggle):

Carry a folder with you everywhere. If you see a male employee coming from the opposite direction, put the folder against your chest so that he can't see that you have breasts underneath your clothing. ESPECIALLY if the breasts are large, because men are after all just men, there's no reason to tempt them in that way and hence bring about the issue on ourselves.

You're welcome!

p.s. The perfect gentleman ultimately married a green-card lady 15 years younger than he. That didn't stop him from trying to touch younger female employees with his crotch but he did indeed find happiness (I guess). All around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 01:39 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,358,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
Its really not you specifically, so please dont take it personal. You just seem to echo the popular stance of recent days of "boys should be taught not to be distracted by girls wearing slutty clothes" or "men shouldnt dare to approach a woman in public, because that just isnt right" and "men are just socially clueless and bumbling idiots, as portrayed by hollywood for decades now". In this very thread we have half the posters scolding men for daring to speak to or approach women in public. Im sorry but its pure misandry. Im tired of it and its a hot button issue for me. Both men and women have their own issues and problems, sometimes parallel and sometimes unique to their gender. We werent born to compete or one up each other, we were meant to work together as a team, to come together as families and raise children. Without it our species would never survive. So why is it such a big deal if a man finds you attractive, walks up and introduces himself for that reason? Is it really so hard to take it as a compliment and say yes or no? Is it such a terrible attack on women? When I talk about a man approaching a woman in a direct manner in public, I dont mean a man harassing her or not taking no for an answer. However, you guys seem to automatically assume those negative angles. Why is that? I know why, but do you?
If a woman takes offense to a man finding her attractive (and they are both legal age and single), then that is her problem (not necessarily putting down said woman. She could be suffering some kind of fallout from a traumatic event).

And I am aware of all of the creeps out there that would not take no for an answer or would also get aggressive/threatening and force themselves on you if they got a no. I myself have dealt with that a lot.

But really, nothing wrong with a man approaching a woman or vice versa.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:51 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,354,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I feel like that's more shrugging off blame for their in inabilities. "It definitely not my fault I don't approach women".

There's a little insincerity and playing dumb too, imo, the men who don't harrass definitely have been around those who do, and know the difference.

4 or 5 watched my manager cut a piece of my hair and tape it between the centerfolds' legs hanging above his desk. None applauded, one said 'sorry about that' ... 2 had their heads down. Men who don't harrass know better, so they can't pretend they'll get arrested when they behave properly.
Well that's gross, and I think it qualifies as assault. Do you know where that manager is now?

As I said, I think the line between what's appropriate and what's not is still bright. I'm also saying that anxiety is by definition less than entirely rational. Guys who claim the lines are blurred almost certainly have an agenda, but the agenda may be fueled by their anxiety. Perhaps they see the process of meeting a woman as a minefield, and this current close scrutiny of how men behave toward women is one more mine. I think that's wrong on all counts, but some men think that way.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:39 PM

336 posts, read 195,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
If a woman takes offense to a man finding her attractive (and they are both legal age and single), then that is her problem (not necessarily putting down said woman. She could be suffering some kind of fallout from a traumatic event).

And I am aware of all of the creeps out there that would not take no for an answer or would also get aggressive/threatening and force themselves on you if they got a no. I myself have dealt with that a lot.

But really, nothing wrong with a man approaching a woman or vice versa.
I agree. There are some men and women who cant take rejection

Old 01-30-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Well that's gross, and I think it qualifies as assault. Do you know where that manager is now?

As I said, I think the line between what's appropriate and what's not is still bright. I'm also saying that anxiety is by definition less than entirely rational. Guys who claim the lines are blurred almost certainly have an agenda, but the agenda may be fueled by their anxiety. Perhaps they see the process of meeting a woman as a minefield, and this current close scrutiny of how men behave toward women is one more mine. I think that's wrong on all counts, but some men think that way.
Yes.

So agree.

I mean come on, we all know when we're crossing a line and when we're genuinely just interested, or even genuinely just lightly flirting but not being overwhelmingly predatory.

But sometimes...people pretend they just don't get it...WHAT did they do wrong...oh dear....

Come on now.

But even if that's fueled by anxiety...it's still wrong... I do feel for people who just can't get it together, we all have our issues somewhere or other, but unacceptable just is unacceptable...

Old 01-30-2018, 02:46 PM

25,607 posts, read 17,346,241 times
Quote:
Should Women Be Encouraged to Approach Men They Find Interesting?
Yes.
We all need to understand that men trying to understand life is like rabbits trying to understand television. We men see all the pictures, hear all the words, but have not a clue what is going on.

So approach us. Take us by our little hands and lead us down the road to Nirvana. We will never get there without you.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yes.
We all need to understand that men trying to understand life is like rabbits trying to understand television. We men see all the pictures, hear all the words, but have not a clue what is going on.

So approach us. Take us by our little hands and lead us down the road to Nirvana. We will never get there without you.
Oh my God. This was too funny. And cute. (And the last sentence was sweet.)

You win the internets today.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:17 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
Its really not you specifically, so please dont take it personal. You just seem to echo the popular stance of recent days of "boys should be taught not to be distracted by girls wearing slutty clothes" or "men shouldnt dare to approach a woman in public, because that just isnt right" and "men are just socially clueless and bumbling idiots, as portrayed by hollywood for decades now". In this very thread we have half the posters scolding men for daring to speak to or approach women in public. Im sorry but its pure misandry. Im tired of it and its a hot button issue for me. Both men and women have their own issues and problems, sometimes parallel and sometimes unique to their gender. We werent born to compete or one up each other, we were meant to work together as a team, to come together as families and raise children. Without it our species would never survive. So why is it such a big deal if a man finds you attractive, walks up and introduces himself for that reason? Is it really so hard to take it as a compliment and say yes or no? Is it such a terrible attack on women? When I talk about a man approaching a woman in a direct manner in public, I dont mean a man harassing her or not taking no for an answer. However, you guys seem to automatically assume those negative angles. Why is that? I know why, but do you?
What on earth are you babbling about now?! Women on this thread have said they WANT men to approach women in public.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:30 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,709,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What on earth are you babbling about now?! Women on this thread have said they WANT men to approach women in public.
https://youtu.be/kQFKtI6gn9Y

Old 01-30-2018, 03:43 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,354,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
OMG that's been a while. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships