Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 05:37 PM

45 posts, read 27,909 times

Advertisements

When I look at past forums the data says it isn't even close men have women beat ten to zero, so why I we so ignorant to this?

Old 02-08-2018, 05:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Both have it hard. Many men feel they have to initiate. While if ladies do they are sluts. Yet many do this and they are married because their husbands where either too shy or scared to ask their wives out.

Old 02-08-2018, 05:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The joker2 View Post
When I look at past forums the data says it isn't even close men have women beat ten to zero, so why I we so ignorant to this?
Why does it matter?

Old 02-08-2018, 05:50 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Why does it matter?
That's what I wonder when this comes up--why is it a competition? If a guy has a hard time dating, it doesn't matter that women have it "easier" by whatever terms he means. It's the other guys out there who are getting some that's his real competition.

Old 02-08-2018, 05:55 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Because a LOT of men harbor erroneous beliefs about women having it easy in dating. That's why that topic drags on, with no end in sight.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's what I wonder when this comes up--why is it a competition? If a guy has a hard time dating, it doesn't matter that women have it "easier" by whatever terms he means. It's the other guys out there who are getting some that's his real competition.
I thought it wasn't supposedto be i a competition in dating? So there should be a competition in dating bit not to see who has it worst?

Old 02-08-2018, 06:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
So if what you say is true (no comment...let's just...yeah. For the sake of this convo...), does it matter? We all have things that are harder, or that we perceive as harder, than another group. It could be anything, but every single person has his/her challenges.

For example, I have to work from home as I have two special needs children, one of whom would be very expensive to find child care for. He's a wonderful kid but will never live independently, never be a parent, he will never drive a car, etc. He has a man-size body, complete with acne and "funny feelings," with the mind of a preschooler inside, which causes him to do things like pull his pants down in public. Behavioral therapy for the past 12 years has had limited success. He needs CONSTANT watching. This means I can't get out there and get a regular 40-hour-a-week job. Who the hell could I leave him with? The care for a differently abled person is considerable, and a lot more when physically having to chase after an adult-sized preschooler comes into play.

So here are my options:

1. Do as much as I can, given my limitations. For instance, scramble to find freelance work in a very competitive climate.
2. Just not do anything, and lie around drinking Super Big Gulps and watching TLC reality shows.
3. Complain constantly about it, in an angry "therefore, there should be SOME compensation here" entitled way - as if that is going to make the world go, "Oh no. That's so unfair! From now on, we'll all send JerZ about as much money as we're easily able to go out and make, adjusted for her COL/locale. So, let's say, $80K/year? But only from now until she dies. So like...25 years."

The first is normal. It's what NORMAL PEOPLE do given their limitations, which EVERY SINGLE person has in one arena or another.

The second isn't that much fun. I don't like reality TV enough.

The third is...well, straight outta CD-R.

Think you have to "work harder" at dating than a woman? Then work harder. Like ANYBODY who has a given category that requires harder work, generally does. Or else sit down and be quiet. Enough is enough. Grow up.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:09 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Because a LOT of men harbor erroneous beliefs about women having it easy in dating.
My opinion is that men interchange sex and dating in their minds. While it may be easier for women to find a partner for sex, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is any easier for them in dating.

The flip side is that a lot of women don't empathize with some of the struggles men go through when it come to approaching and dealing with rejection.

While men have erroneous believes about women having it easy.

Women have don't realize nor acknowledge how difficult it can be for men in dating as well.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So if what you say is true (no comment...let's just...yeah. For the sake of this convo...), does it matter? We all have things that are harder, or that we perceive as harder, than another group. It could be anything, but every single person has his/her challenges.

For example, I have to work from home as I have two special needs children, one of whom would be very expensive to find child care for. He's a wonderful kid but will never live independently, never be a parent, he will never drive a car, etc. He has a man-size body, complete with acne and "funny feelings," with the mind of a preschooler inside, which causes him to do things like pull his pants down in public. Behavioral therapy for the past 12 years has had limited success. He needs CONSTANT watching. This means I can't get out there and get a regular 40-hour-a-week job. Who the hell could I leave him with? The care for a differently abled person is considerable, and a lot more when physically having to chase after an adult-sized preschooler comes into play.

So here are my options:

1. Do as much as I can, given my limitations. For instance, scramble to find freelance work in a very competitive climate.
2. Just not do anything, and lie around drinking Super Big Gulps and watching TLC reality shows.
3. Complain constantly about it, in an angry "therefore, there should be SOME compensation here" entitled way - as if that is going to make the world go, "Oh no. That's so unfair! From now on, we'll all send JerZ about as much money as we're easily able to go out and make, adjusted for her COL/locale. So, let's say, $80K/year? But only from now until she dies. So like...25 years."

The first is normal. It's what NORMAL PEOPLE do given their limitations, which EVERY SINGLE person has in one arena or another.

The second isn't that much fun. I don't like reality TV enough.

The third is...well, straight outta CD-R.

Think you have to "work harder" at dating than a woman? Then work harder. Like ANYBODY who has a given category that requires harder work, generally does. Or else sit down and be quiet. Enough is enough. Grow up.
You don't get to tell me what's normal or tell me what should do, don't like the truth than ignore it like everybody else and let people whk want to hear the truth hear it.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Oh...as for why there is still a debate? Because the complainers keep bringing it up.

This thread is a case in point.

So if that was actually your question, and you wanted an actual answer, there it is. It's really very, very simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships