Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 04:51 PM

3 posts, read 2,713 times

Advertisements

I've been dating my current bf for 3 months, we're both 25 and decided to take it to the next level. We had sex yesterday.

Unlike my other relationships, when we finally did it everything seem very awkward. I don't want to offend him but it was really lame.
- He didn't sound too confident (I can tell easily when someone doesn't sound confident)
- Lack of enthusiasm
- Slow to fast all of the sudden
- Took him 4 times to stick it in correctly

Afterwards it got quiet for several minutes till he broke the silence asking if I had a good time. I lied saying yes, that it was ok. I think he could sense this (hence why the asking) because he excused himself shortly afterwards and said he had to go.

I never had such an awkward moment with a bf before. I know it's not convenient to lie in a relationship but by the look on his face, I didn't want to hurt him. Is it possible I was this guy's first time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 04:59 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,243,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles077 View Post
I've been dating my current bf for 3 months, we're both 25 and decided to take it to the next level. We had sex yesterday.

Unlike my other relationships, when we finally did it everything seem very awkward. I don't want to offend him but it was really lame.
- He didn't sound too confident (I can tell easily when someone doesn't sound confident)
- Lack of enthusiasm
- Slow to fast all of the sudden
- Took him 4 times to stick it in correctly

Afterwards it got quiet for several minutes till he broke the silence asking if I had a good time. I lied saying yes, that it was ok. I think he could sense this (hence why the asking) because he excused himself shortly afterwards and said he had to go.

I never had such an awkward moment with a bf before. I know it's not convenient to lie in a relationship but by the look on his face, I didn't want to hurt him. Is it possible I was this guy's first time?
Yes.

It helps to be kind and enthusiastic in these situations. I understand awkwardness and disappointment, but what did you do, just lie there expectantly, waiting for him to figure things out?

It's supposed to be a reciprocal action. You're there together. It's not a stage for him to perform and then receive a medal at the end (or not).

So ... whether your lying to him is ok isn't really the question you should ask yourself here.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:04 PM

I tried helping by telling him to go a bit faster when he was too slow. Then he goes too fast as if acting it out from a movie. By the 3rd time he couldn't put it in right, I indicated him where. That's how he finally got it right on the 4th time.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:06 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,243,121 times
Quote:
I tried helping by telling him to go a bit faster when he was too slow. Then he goes too fast as if acting it out from a movie. By the 3rd time he couldn't put it in right, I indicated him where. That's how he finally got it right on the 4th time.
It sometimes takes time and patience to find your groove.

But if it is his first time, you will need to be VERY patient.

Your reaction is very important, because if you are dismissive or critical in any way, you could set him back and make him not want to continue.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:08 PM

6,829 posts, read 3,246,922 times
Quote:
Practice makes perfect, lots and lots of practice. Just sayin...

Old 01-29-2018, 05:10 PM

Ok thanks guys.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:17 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,539,717 times
He's your boyfriend. You should know if he was a virgin. But even if he wasn't, young men frequently are lackluster in the bedroom. With more experience they become more confident.

You don't sound very experienced, either.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:22 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,016,050 times
I'll say what everyone else said. Be patient, be kind, and practice practice practice!

Oh, and you did the right thing...

Old 01-29-2018, 05:34 PM

11,173 posts, read 8,039,620 times
I don't think it was a big deal.. there wasn't any malice in your little fib. But as others have said.... first time sex with a new partner can be awkward. Give it some time... work through it together. Exploring together can be a fun learning experience... for both.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,129,803 times
Whoa!!!

Yeah, could have just been opening night jitters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships