Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2018, 02:49 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,004,647 times

Advertisements

I don't think this one is the gangster of love
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 03:05 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,365,602 times
Default If women could walk in the shoes of a man for a year would the dating landscape change?

LOL, If you think women will show any type of empathy for guys that struggle in dating.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:07 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,733,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
LOL, If you think women will show any type of empathy for guys that struggle in dating.
A lot of people in general suck at empathy.

Last edited by Auraliea; 02-01-2018 at 03:19 PM..

Old 02-01-2018, 03:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
I think in realtime this is largely untrue. Just look at how many very, very, very average (in a number of ways) guys wind up being loved. Who definitely are given a chance. And wind up with someone. Married. Kids. A huge majority of guys who aren't perfect, maybe flub up on that date, but their women look past that to see what's inside...and discover they like what they see. I mean just look around you. You can see that.

But on the internet? Where anonymous people can yell red pill stuff, insist women scream constantly and are self-superior yet worthless, etc.? No. No empathy for that. SHOULD we be showing empathy for pure hatred, absolute distrust, and nasty condemnations? Probably not. Probably, these - always made behind the protection of anonymity, of course - should be put in their place.

Some of us said from the very beginning of this thread that sure, dating is hard for guys. AND for women. Who's lacking empathy, again? It couldn't be the faction that literally can not conceive that women receive rejection and have hearts that can be broken (and are), could it? The group that routinely insist "ugly," "fat" women with "baggage" who are "beyond their market value" and so on yet have "hundreds" of approaches by "quality men!!!" per day...not those? No way.

There are times when ideas SHOULD be smacked down. Like when they verge on the scarily hate-filled, where bad stuff can happen.

When I sense this brewing (and it always, always does at some point)...my empathy withers and is replaced with: oh. Just. Stop.

Sue me.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:15 PM

29,756 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
We can empathize all the livelong day, but what should we do about it? If a guy is struggling or undesirable, that's a bummer for him, but a woman's sex life is not a charity for the downtrodden.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:18 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,984,634 times
Quote:
Yeah... I missed " dating sensitivity class" .... I was feeling all bloated and crampy that day.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Yeah... I missed " dating sensitivity class" .... I was feeling all bloated and crampy that day.
I skipped it because I'm a 5/6 on a good day, past my market value, and I couldn't find my sawed-off New Wave Feminist angry sensible heels so I'd have something to throw at the next polite guy. Who hates me.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:22 PM

336 posts, read 195,631 times
maybe you were simply dealing with butt hurt feminist symptoms?

Old 02-01-2018, 03:51 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,354,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think in realtime this is largely untrue. Just look at how many very, very, very average (in a number of ways) guys wind up being loved. Who definitely are given a chance. And wind up with someone. Married. Kids. A huge majority of guys who aren't perfect, maybe flub up on that date, but their women look past that to see what's inside...and discover they like what they see. I mean just look around you. You can see that.

But on the internet? Where anonymous people can yell red pill stuff, insist women scream constantly and are self-superior yet worthless, etc.? No. No empathy for that. SHOULD we be showing empathy for pure hatred, absolute distrust, and nasty condemnations? Probably not. Probably, these - always made behind the protection of anonymity, of course - should be put in their place.

Some of us said from the very beginning of this thread that sure, dating is hard for guys. AND for women. Who's lacking empathy, again? It couldn't be the faction that literally can not conceive that women receive rejection and have hearts that can be broken (and are), could it? The group that routinely insist "ugly," "fat" women with "baggage" who are "beyond their market value" and so on yet have "hundreds" of approaches by "quality men!!!" per day...not those? No way.

There are times when ideas SHOULD be smacked down. Like when they verge on the scarily hate-filled, where bad stuff can happen.

When I sense this brewing (and it always, always does at some point)...my empathy withers and is replaced with: oh. Just. Stop.

Sue me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
We can empathize all the livelong day, but what should we do about it? If a guy is struggling or undesirable, that's a bummer for him, but a woman's sex life is not a charity for the downtrodden.
Quote:
JerZ and fleetiebelle were responding to HC, but I quoted them out of order.

A few men on this forum put an inordinate demand on all of us for emotional support. A handful of regulars and the once or twice per week drive by who sticks around and maybe participates in their thread, but disappears. For men and women who try to offer empathy and encouragement, it can get draining.

There's also the way topics are worded and how the authors participate. When a guy simply expresses his frustration in language like, "I'm 28 and my dating life sucks and I feel like I've done all I can......." most of us are pretty supportive. Who hasn't felt that way, whether we express it or not. Especially if the guy seems to consider suggestions or accept support, they're good.

Then the people who word things more like "I'm just to ugly to get any attention from women who all want tall good looking guys with money." That thins the herd of supportive people. What can you say to that person, especially if this is a frequent lament? I try something along the lines of focusing on positives (he has none) or working on things you can change (doesn't help-see tall-good looking-money) but they almost always push back. It's wearing.

I even test the waters with the guys who lead with "Women can have any man they want any time they want". But often those guys get met with a suspicion at best or hostility from some long term women posters who have heard this before, and sometimes from these very men under different usernames.

It seems to me that empathy from women toward struggling men is pretty proportionate to those men's apparent seriousness, their willingness to take responsibility for things they are responsible for, and their openness to change.

Last edited by homina12; 02-01-2018 at 04:05 PM..

Old 02-01-2018, 03:51 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,004,647 times
you guys crack me up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships