Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 04:19 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,812,220 times

Advertisements

I have ran into more than a few women, online and in real life, who brag about being bossy as if this makes them more desirable for relationships. Why do these women expect to find a man that will want to stay with them? They actually expect guys to let them walk all over them and not say anything back and when a guy says he doesn’t like her being bossy she will justify it as being a part of her personality and say she can’t help it. I have never heard a woman get put down for being bossy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 04:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Meh, 'cause being sassy and having attitude is supposed to be cool at the moment.

As things play out, I think most relationships end up being a give-and-take more so than this one-sided sort of thing. Truly one-sided relationships with one person demanding and the other cowing will be more rare.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:28 PM

639 posts, read 376,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I have ran into more than a few women, online and in real life, who brag about being bossy as if this makes them more desirable for relationships. Why do these women expect to find a man that will want to stay with them? They actually expect guys to let them walk all over them and not say anything back and when a guy says he doesn’t like her being bossy she will justify it as being a part of her personality and say she can’t help it. I have never heard a woman get put down for being bossy
I've heard a number of woman brag about being 'sassy'.

I can put up with it for about one date.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:29 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
oh jeez....can we (meaning you) just stop making Mod cut. up to complain about? At least say it is YOUR experience - that's far from it being the typical experience of others. Maybe you need to find a good match for yourself.

And no, women are seen as "bossy" even when they are merely being assertive...so being assertive for women is often viewed negatively. Few men are called bossy - they are aggressive, go-getters, decisive....know how to delegate! All wonderful great things deserving of a promotion...or a harem of women!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-07-2018 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:29 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,347 times
I don't let men or women get bossy with me.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:32 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
I don't see this. Using the same language, male and female leaders are judged differently. Men are often seen as strong when they use certain language, and women using the same language are seen as bossy, or the term for female dogs.

It's a rather well studied phenomena, and its research is worked into the coaching for women executives and political candidates so that they're aware of it. It's unfortunate, but its a truism.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't see this. Using the same language, male and female leaders are judged differently. Men are often seen as strong when they use certain language, and women using the same language are seen as bossy, or the term for female dogs.
This is a good point.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:00 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Why do you think that the two people who said that to you represent 50% of the population?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-06-2018, 06:48 PM

6,556 posts, read 8,384,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I have never heard a woman get put down for being bossy
You've never heard someone call a woman a *****? That usually is what assertive or "bossy" women are called.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:11 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
You've never heard someone call a woman a *****? That usually is what assertive or "bossy" women are called.
It's called selective hearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships