Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2018, 01:37 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Has the OP returned?

Old 02-26-2018, 02:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Oh wow OP. I hope she rewarded you with some good sex after that. I would of got up and walked out on her personally.
But you'd never have been able to give her the chance to give you sex in exchange for the food in that case. Unless you were expecting her to give it up on the table?

Class, people...pure class around here, I tells ya.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:41 PM

531 posts, read 384,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
But you'd never have been able to give her the chance to give you sex in exchange for the food in that case. Unless you were expecting her to give it up on the table?

Class, people...pure class around here, I tells ya.
I would of walked out as soon as she ordered the meal. No need for sex since I would not be paying for her meal.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
There is one, a bit closer to me, that I helped land great opportunity. If her take is steady as it has been the past few months, she will earn more than me. She owes me a dinner... Ha!
Was this a sex work opportunity by chance?

Old 02-26-2018, 04:22 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
I would of walked out as soon as she ordered the meal. No need for sex since I would not be paying for her meal.
Of course, someone who writes "would of" for "would have" likely is only paying for meals that come in a bag through a little window anyway.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:24 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,603 times
I’ve only read the OP, the first page, and one or two others, so my contribution may be a tad off thread, but when I was “in the life” and dating, and when I first started seeing my wife, if I invited a woman out to dinner, they could order whatever they liked.
I asked them out because I was attracted to them, and wanted to spend time with them, I never, ever thought, “You must be kidding”, if they ordered surf ‘n’ turf and a green salad on the side.
It must be in the genes I guess, because my younger son, after living for four years with the girl who is now my younger daughter-in-law, and them providing me with my youngest grandson, decided to make an honest woman of her.
I took them to a swish French restaurant on the Thames near Tower Bridge, to celebrate, and asked for a bottle of Mumm champagne, the waiter asked if we’d like to see a lunch menu, my kid said “Dad might, but we’ll both have lobster Thermidor if you have it.”
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:29 PM

268 posts, read 216,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajulaDream View Post
This was right after I had ordered an $18 Halibut..So yeah. I didn't say anything to her as I wanted to be polite, but ouch that's a punch to my wallet.

Tonight was our first dinner together and she didn't offer to help pay the bill either. To be fair she did offer me a piece, and also it is Valentines and I am the one who asked her out. She was excited about going out too..

I'm torn on why the sticker shock is bugging me, I keep thinking about it. I feel like the date was fun and she is incredible in a lot of ways and I find her attractive.. but I'm kinda feeling put off a bit too about it...

I paid for the bill. My concern isn't that I paid. I'm glad to do something nice for her.
My concern is I feel she wasn't considerate at all, and it is weighing on my mind. I'm sorting out my feelings right now. I find her attractive in many ways, but that was a big turn off :/
Lesson learned indeed! Next time try a low key place like a coffee shop, juice/smoothie bar etc etc....especially for the first date. If one thinks that is too cheap they probably aren't the one for you to continue pursuing.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:09 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
I’ve only read the OP, the first page, and one or two others, so my contribution may be a tad off thread, but when I was “in the life” and dating, and when I first started seeing my wife, if I invited a woman out to dinner, they could order whatever they liked.
I asked them out because I was attracted to them, and wanted to spend time with them, I never, ever thought, “You must be kidding”, if they ordered surf ‘n’ turf and a green salad on the side.
It must be in the genes I guess, because my younger son, after living for four years with the girl who is now my younger daughter-in-law, and them providing me with my youngest grandson, decided to make an honest woman of her.
I took them to a swish French restaurant on the Thames near Tower Bridge, to celebrate, and asked for a bottle of Mumm champagne, the waiter asked if we’d like to see a lunch menu, my kid said “Dad might, but we’ll both have lobster Thermidor if you have it.”
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Nice story, but did your wife ever order anything that was 2-3 times more expensive than what you actually ordered on your first few dates?

Old 02-27-2018, 08:36 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
May not have happened to whoever that was but it's common enough. I dated from roughly 1977-89. My wife (when we were dating in 1990-1 before the wedding) was a rare exception.
That's sweet, but if you read the posts to the thread, you will see that your wife isn't a rare exception.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:45 AM

35,070 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That's sweet, but if you read the posts to the thread, you will see that your wife isn't a rare exception.
My various dates were all over the map. One that sticks out in my mind was one I dated from June 27, 1986 to June 28, 1987. She behaved rather badly at my friend's 30th birthday party on June 27, 1987. Earlier that week she said she wanted "expensive jewelry" as a first anniversary gift. I gave her the gift, and dumped her that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships