Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 08:31 AM

7 posts, read 5,286 times

Advertisements

Well, i am married with kids, love my wife, lately it was a bit hard situation,
and while ago i met some girl, by business. first moment i saw her, i felt in love, she is awesome.
I a trying very hard to concentrate on my wife and to show her much more love then before, it made our relationship better, but every time
i talk or see the other girl(only since we are business connected) i feel broke again.
What can i do? how can i get over it?? btw she married and btw she likes me but have no idea in what way..
I had 1-2 situations like this one about some girls in my marriage and i always found a way to get over it, now i am a bit afraid its very strong.
My goal is very clear, I want to be in love completly with my wife and be just a friend to the other one. How can i achieve it? please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 08:41 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budrum View Post
Well, i am married with kids, love my wife, lately it was a bit hard situation,
and while ago i met some girl, by business. first moment i saw her, i felt in love, she is awesome.
I a trying very hard to concentrate on my wife and to show her much more love then before, it made our relationship better, but every time
i talk or see the other girl(only since we are business connected) i feel broke again.
What can i do? how can i get over it?? btw she married and btw she likes me but have no idea in what way..
I had 1-2 situations like this one about some girls in my marriage and i always found a way to get over it, now i am a bit afraid its very strong.
My goal is very clear, I want to be in love completly with my wife and be just a friend to the other one. How can i achieve it? please
You have to minimize contact with the "other girl" and turn all thoughts to your wife when you find yourself fantasizing about her.

Commitment is a choice, not a feeling, so just keep making the right choice.

And work on whatever made your marriage "a bit hard situation" lately.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:10 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,980,972 times
I am guessing that what makes it a " hard situation " is this woman that the OP is suddenly smitten with.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:10 PM

61,834 posts, read 87,292,973 times
Try to think with your big head....
You are married with kids. Focus on that.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am guessing that what makes it a " hard situation " is this woman that the OP is suddenly smitten with.
Maybe. Maybe not.

If he and his wife are experiencing the typical stressors that many married couples with kids have, that new girl in the picture starts to look REAL tempting. It's textbook.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:26 PM

61,834 posts, read 87,292,973 times
She "likes" OP, but not "that way". Otherwise he would know.
She is just a pleasant coworker. Nothing more.
And OP is thinking not only to wreak his own marriage, but endanger hers too.
But, hey - maybe that's OK in his timezone...

Old 02-19-2018, 12:47 PM

Thanks for the replies!
Replying to Birbi, i can't minimise contact with her, i don't want to explain why for the privacy reasons, but i do must to be in contact with her, lets say for business.

I know i must concentrate on wife and kids, no i don't want to ruin mine or her marriage!
I want and i need to learn to be only friends with her.
She is pretty and very pleasant, and as you say, the exact type of girl i would take, but my wife as well my exact type, i did felt for her very much, but now its a bit less, but its probably because the daily stress.
I am trying to tell myself that the "dream girl" its just a pretty face, i don't really know her and probably if i would merry her in some other dimension then after 3-5-10 years she would be just a person in my house, so she doesn't better that my wife.
I telling myself this stuff all day long.
But how can i convince myself? and overpower the feeling i have? i must do it i have no choice

Old 02-19-2018, 12:48 PM

Suburban, no

Old 02-19-2018, 12:50 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,193,475 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships