Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:58 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,052,089 times

Advertisements

[quote=oh-eve;51184924]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Weird. Notice, OP, that just because you were having dinner at that moment, didn't mean the evening was shot, with not opportunity to get together. I wonder what he would have said, if you'd said, "Oh, great! Let me finish dinner, and we can go do something."[/quote]

he probably would have said "you are one hour too late."
I think it would have been something else cryptic that didn't take personal responsibility for "no, I just don't want to." That's just based on what the OP has said about this guy, and based on their text exchange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,460 posts, read 7,769,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetrevolver View Post
I start thinking he's crazy. He didn't answer last night after my 'And this is because...' message, then didn't message me all day until an hour ago. An hour ago he literally messaged me saying "So? We're not meeting tonight are we?'
I still haven't answered. I mean wtf...
J/c, is it possible he may have somehow misunderstood your "And this is because..." message somehow? (Guys generally aren't as good or talented as the ladies at verbal/written communication, if you know what I mean?) Maybe he potentially does still want to meet with you, was just too dense to get what you were asking in your earlier question, to him?

102,246 posts, read 108,166,150 times
[quote=oh-eve;51184924]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Weird. Notice, OP, that just because you were having dinner at that moment, didn't mean the evening was shot, with not opportunity to get together. I wonder what he would have said, if you'd said, "Oh, great! Let me finish dinner, and we can go do something."
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve;
he probably would have said "you are one hour too late."
That would be so phony, though. So obvious that he's dodging.

I'm now curious to see how today's little text exchange goes. What kind of an invitation is "We're not meeting tonight, are we?" What's wrong with this guy?!

Old 03-01-2018, 02:30 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,016,790 times
[quote=Ruth4Truth;51184966]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
That would be so phony, though. So obvious that he's dodging.

I'm now curious to see how today's little text exchange goes. What kind of an invitation is "We're not meeting tonight, are we?" What's wrong with this guy?!
yeah, he slowly seem to show his true colors, I'm losing patience with him, he is turning douchey. I would answer "yes, we are not going to meet so we cannot have sex" - oh wait, that's probably exactly what he wants.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:02 PM

17 posts, read 7,646 times
So in the end I answered him and he immediately went online so we started talking. He asked if I didn't want to see him and I literally told him that I don't understand him, that I told him yesterday that we can meet today but that he didnt say anything all day, and he said you didn't either. He literally makes no sense. He then said he wants to meet me to talk about this in person and I said ok and asked when, he asked when I'm free and I said tomorrow night. I know he's doing an MBA (for employed people) besides work (that finishes at 10pm) but I assumed we could meet afterwards. He said he will try, if he's not too dead. I don't even know what to say to that. I mean usually it wouldn't bother me but I kinda think he's gonna wait again til the last second and then say he's too dead. Also, if he isn't sure if he can meet tomorrow night, I will make other plans. And Saturday I can't. Ugh. I really don't get him. Is he trying to see how long he can behave like this until I cut him off?!

Old 03-01-2018, 03:10 PM

48,578 posts, read 34,966,648 times
I would listen to what he has to say, mainly out of curiosity.

BUT, tell him to give you a few dates/times that HE is available. Period. This is pretty stupid. Not maybe, or we will see, have him set a date and time. If you like you can lead with "I am available X day, and X time, and Y day and Y time, and N day and N time. Pick one."

It's rude for him to give these "maybes" like you have no life and should wait around to see if he shows up.

Keep in mind, that even if he isn't trying to break up passively or whatever, that this is not really the behavior that you would be interested in. He is making everything super difficult for no reason.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-01-2018, 03:42 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,291,538 times
Quote:
So in the end I answered him and he immediately went online so we started talking. He asked if I didn't want to see him and I literally told him that I don't understand him, that I told him yesterday that we can meet today but that he didnt say anything all day, and he said you didn't either. He literally makes no sense. He then said he wants to meet me to talk about this in person and I said ok and asked when, he asked when I'm free and I said tomorrow night. I know he's doing an MBA (for employed people) besides work (that finishes at 10pm) but I assumed we could meet afterwards. He said he will try, if he's not too dead. I don't even know what to say to that. I mean usually it wouldn't bother me but I kinda think he's gonna wait again til the last second and then say he's too dead. Also, if he isn't sure if he can meet tomorrow night, I will make other plans. And Saturday I can't. Ugh. I really don't get him. Is he trying to see how long he can behave like this until I cut him off?!

Someone who waits till the final hour to cancel on you is someone you don't want/need in your life. They are clearly showing you that they have no respect for your time. They're either used to getting their way or they have so many people in their rotation that they can get away with crappy behavior, because they already have a back up plan in place. Don't stick around and accept this type of behavior.

I'm to the stage in my life to where if someone isn't laying down concrete plans with me, I just fill my evening up with things I want to do. When they come back and say that they thought we were doing something, I just reply with you never opened up your schedule and made anything concrete. I don't have the time to sit around waiting on someone to make plans to see me or not. It's just not fair to me.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:44 PM

1,178 posts, read 686,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Someone who waits till the final hour to cancel on you is someone you don't want/need in your life. They are clearly showing you that they have no respect for your time. They're either used to getting their way or they have so many people in their rotation that they can get away with crappy behavior, because they already have a back up plan in place. Don't stick around and accept this type of behavior.

I'm to the stage in my life to where if someone isn't laying down concrete plans with me, I just fill my evening up with things I want to do. When they come back and say that they thought we were doing something, I just reply with you never opened up your schedule and made anything concrete. I don't have the time to sit around waiting on someone to make plans to see me or not. It's just not fair to me.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:47 PM

17 posts, read 7,646 times
Yup I agree with you guys. He told me he isn't sure about tomorrow night because he might be too dead, so I told him I'm gonna make plans then. I also mentioned that I won't be able to meet Saturday because I already made plans with friends for the whole day. I like him but I'm so over that ****. Either he tells me a day and a time to meet and sticks to it, or I'm deleting his number.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:50 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,016,790 times
Quote:
Yup I agree with you guys. He told me he isn't sure about tomorrow night because he might be too dead, so I told him I'm gonna make plans then. I also mentioned that I won't be able to meet Saturday because I already made plans with friends for the whole day. I like him but I'm so over that ****. Either he tells me a day and a time to meet and sticks to it, or I'm deleting his number.
Good plan. Good for you to have pride and not let him string you along any further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships