Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 01:25 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times

Advertisements

Better to sever ties prior to marriage then afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 01:26 AM

57 posts, read 34,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I agree you should get a paternity test. The fact that she's already trying to jump into the arms of another person signals two things: She checked out of the relationship long ago and monkey branched. I would really make sure the child is yours. I wonder if this other guy knows she's pregnant.....

I doubt he knows because i dont know too many men out here who are willing to take on raising/ co parenting another women's kids. She think i'm dumb but i can see through her. She was on the phone the other day saying you so funny and you better call me back and i couldn've sworn i heard her say i love you.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:09 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFoster94 View Post
I doubt he knows because i dont know too many men out here who are willing to take on raising/ co parenting another women's kids. She think i'm dumb but i can see through her. She was on the phone the other day saying you so funny and you better call me back and i couldn've sworn i heard her say i love you.

So what is your decision OP...going for the paternity test, we hope...???

Old 05-20-2018, 10:12 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
OP, Aurelia's point was, that -- how do you know the child isn't that guy's, whom she's with now? How do you know she wasn't starting something up with him, while not speaking to you, holding you at arm's length on t4ext mode? Or before then, even?

Old 05-21-2018, 02:19 AM

57 posts, read 34,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, Aurelia's point was, that -- how do you know the child isn't that guy's, whom she's with now? How do you know she wasn't starting something up with him, while not speaking to you, holding you at arm's length on t4ext mode? Or before then, even?
Well i didnt think of that

She told me outta nowhere ( i didnt ask to know ) that she was still writing her ex while she was away for a while and she was writing me at the same time. That right there is why i'm having a hard time believing he's not around somewhere. Who continues to talk to their ex after they break up if there's no feelings. I feel like i'm getting played and i'm waiting on the baby to get here to see if it looks like me even if it does i want a paternity test for sure. On top of this, i get accused of cheating and lying everyday but i'm not flirting or even trying to get with another woman thats the thing. I have told oen lie way back that she still holds against me.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:19 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Genius. You and your unexpected offspring will surely go far in life.
Indeed. It never ceases to amaze me.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:17 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,746,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Lord have mercy....what a mess.

What you decide to do at this point is on you......
I had the same reaction. It would have been easier to formulate a thoughtful response if there wasn't an innocent unborn child involved in this mess.

I guess people don't put up children for adoption anymore.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:23 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
OP even if you don't want to consider the possibility that the child may not be yours, you should still get a paternity test. When the result comes back that you are the father you can use this result to positively assert your parental rights. In the unlikely event that you get a more unexpected result you also won't be incorrectly held liable for parental responsibilities.

And a protip for the future, when planning to have a child never plan for the conception to take place before the actual marriage. You just learned why that is.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:55 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Better for all of you if you part ways, except for caring for your baby. don't multiply these problems by getting married.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:52 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Well i didnt think of that

She told me outta nowhere ( i didnt ask to know ) that she was still writing her ex while she was away for a while and she was writing me at the same time. That right there is why i'm having a hard time believing he's not around somewhere. Who continues to talk to their ex after they break up if there's no feelings. I feel like i'm getting played and i'm waiting on the baby to get here to see if it looks like me even if it does i want a paternity test for sure. On top of this, i get accused of cheating and lying everyday but i'm not flirting or even trying to get with another woman thats the thing. I have told oen lie way back that she still holds against me.
lol The bolded would be funny, if it weren't so sad. The underlined seems to be new information. I don't recall that you posted before, that she accuses you daily of cheating. OP, unwarranted and frequent accusations of that nature are often a sign that the person making the accusations is the one doing the cheating.

So, in view of that, it seems the evidence is mounting in favor of the possibility that it's not your child. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but there's now even more justification for your requiring a paternity test. I don't know how you can prevent her from listing your name as the father on the birth certificate. IDK, maybe you should see a lawyer at this point. Or make sure you're present at the birth and the birth certif. signing. Best to have a consult with a lawyer.

It may be that she's looking to stick you with child support for someone else's child, while leaving you and enjoying a relationship with the real father of her child, subsidized by you. Maybe.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-21-2018 at 10:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships