Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 11:35 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
True. Women are attracted to men who are naturally desirable. They don't want men who have to learn to be desirable. And that's precisely what the material teaches: emulating desirability to women.
Lumberjacks, right?

For me I'm just taking care of myself more than most men do. Yes I use skin care products. I want to be the best me I can be. I'm not imitating anything except the best me, only I'm just me.

That reminds me I should go shave even though I plan to be at home all day. It's just a thing to do to look my best all the time. I feel better when I look in the mirror and don't see some unshaven guy.

And I use an abrasive scrub to clean my pores after shaving. I'm experimenting with an expensive face care product after that. Sue me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 11:48 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Hmm...lumberjacks...strong arms...muscular chests...that would work!

Old 06-10-2018, 11:54 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Lumberjacks, right?
I don't know if this was facetious or not, but the answer isn't easy. Women definitely want dominant, good-looking men, with the selection criteria being very limiting. That is, when it comes to sex. Anything more detailed is against TOS.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:22 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
I think it depends on what a given man and woman bring to the table.

I don't know this for a fact, but I think most women just want an honest man who makes them feel safe. Feeling safe doesn't just mean physical safety, it also refers to not worrying about the guy cheating. The guy is some one they can count on no matter what.

What most men want, besides sex, I don't know. Maybe its not that much different.

But yeah, at least on the surface, a burly lumberjack sounds good about now.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:45 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
True. Women are attracted to men who are naturally desirable. They don't want men who have to learn to be desirable. And that's precisely what the material teaches: emulating desirability to women.

I'm really impressed. Seriously. Not that you should care, but I didn't think you got that.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
As long as you don’t claim exclusivity I don’t see why “plate spinning†would be an issue. I mean maybe you should just think of it as dating a couple people until one bubbles up as the right match.

Yes, you can hyper focus, but some people do not like to do that.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I don't know if this was facetious or not, but the answer isn't easy. Women definitely want dominant, good-looking men, with the selection criteria being very limiting. That is, when it comes to sex. Anything more detailed is against TOS.
Facetious.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
What most men want, besides sex, I don't know. Maybe its not that much different.
Real men want a close relationship with a fulfilling, smart, affectionate woman who equally wants sex, because they don't want to have to keep doing the first date thing over and over and over.

Real men just want to be loved, they want a woman who loves them, and they want a steady supply of sex from a known performing lover.

That's it.

Immature men want all the games and as many women they can get.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:13 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Real men want a close relationship with a fulfilling, smart, affectionate woman who equally wants sex, because they don't want to have to keep doing the first date thing over and over and over.

Real men just want to be loved, they want a woman who loves them, and they want a steady supply of sex from a known performing lover.
I just want to be left alone in my relationships. That is, enjoy each other's company and what-have-you. But also be free from always asking permission; go to my Meetup events, be it sports, board games, bar trivia, or day trips; and eat the meals of my choice, without anyone's harsh criticism under the pretext of "love" . I will happily extend the same courtesy to my significant other. And of course, stay faithful at all times.

But I also understand that it's just not how it works in relationships, at least in "mature" relationships. So I'm making a cost/benefit decision to stay single, and no plate-spinning, either. Which is easy, since I lost all traces of my sex drive sometime last year.

It's all sadly ironic: We extol the virtue of being left alone by the Feds, yet we allow spouses to govern every minutia of our lives.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:22 PM

Urbanist, you and I see eye to eye and I am pretty sure we share our world view.

I was speaking about a budding possible new relationship. You are speaking about being in a relationship and the pressures therein.

But the exact same thing applies IN a relationship. For example, if you invite her to join you at a MeetUp and she says no, you will reasonably conclude she doesn't like MeetUp and you will probably not invite her to that again. That is completely logical. If she meant but ask me twice, well that is her problem, not yours. You already asked once.

People have to be careful what they are teaching others they interact with. By saying "no" you are inviting a negative or inhibitory mental state. If you didn't mean "no" then you just shot yourself in your foot. Capiche? (Not you Urban, you get it.)

(Off topic, I'm thinking of starting a MeetUp of my own!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships