Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:10 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.U.E.E.N View Post
So I've been talking to this guy for a few weeks online.

He found me via social media, and now we email each other every single day.Red Flag

He uses social media in relation to advertising his business--he's not a totally active user.

The thing is, he's wealthy but I think he might be a little coo coo for cocoa puffs. I'm not being catfished, I've done my research. Has a very successful business.

He's much older than I am, old enough to be my father. Red Flag

He's been married before, but it only lasted 3 years. She apparently cheated on him, and would talk to other men on the internet. He didn't like this, so they split. He has no children, but wants some.

He lives out in Florida, and is actually making plans to buy a home in the state I live in (New England area)

and wants to marry me, he says. REd Flag

He keeps telling me how he's so in love with me. Red Flg

We learn more and more about each and every day, but I do not love him.

Should I ditch this guy, or should I just Anna Nicole Smith it, and go full throttle.

He says he's crazy about me, Red Flag

and loves everything about me. Red Flag

He says he likes me because I give him a lot of attention, and that I make him laugh.

I kind of just wanted to use him as a sugar daddy, but he seemed appalled when I jokingly asked he wanted to be my sugar daddy. RUN!

He wants me to be his wife. Run!!!

What do you fine folks think?
Run!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 12:27 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I disagree with this assessment. Some guys know they're sugar daddies, and are perfectly OK with it, and as a matter of fact, want things JUST.THAT.WAY.

It's an adult decision between 2 adults, and she was, apparently, upfront in approaching him about it.
I agree. Some people enjoy doing this. Even if he doesn’t want to be labeled a “sugar daddy,” he still wants to attempt to buy her affections with his money. If he’s decided that she’s what he wants and he’s willing to spend money to show her that, that’s his choice. There are websites set up where women are paid just to have online conversations/video chats with men (with no expectation of ever meeting in real life) and the men pay them just to have a pretty girl to talk to.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:30 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.U.E.E.N View Post
So I've been talking to this guy for a few weeks online. He found me via social media, and now we email each other every single day. He uses social media in relation to advertising his business--he's not a totally active user.

The thing is, he's wealthy but I think he might be a little coo coo for cocoa puffs. I'm not being catfished, I've done my research. Has a very successful business.

He's much older than I am, old enough to be my father.

He's been married before, but it only lasted 3 years. She apparently cheated on him, and would talk to other men on the internet. He didn't like this, so they split. He has no children, but wants some.

He lives out in Florida, and is actually making plans to buy a home in the state I live in (New England area) and wants to marry me, he says. He keeps telling me how he's so in love with me.

We learn more and more about each and every day, but I do not love him.

Should I ditch this guy, or should I just Anna Nicole Smith it, and go full throttle.

He says he's crazy about me, and loves everything about me. He says he likes me because I give him a lot of attention, and that I make him laugh.

I kind of just wanted to use him as a sugar daddy, but he seemed appalled when I jokingly asked he wanted to be my sugar daddy. He wants me to be his wife.

What do you fine folks think?
I think what he says is true to how he feels right now...that said, you really do not know one another.
Take the “love”comment as loving the attention you have given him, nothing more.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:46 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeahhhhh...no. You know what the answer is, OP. You seem to have a good sense about these things. But what bothers me is that it raises the "too much too soon" red flag. He hasn't even met you, but he's in love with you? And he's old enough to be your father? If that's true, he should know better than to "fall in love" with a stranger over the internet. He "loves" you, because you give him attention? Anyone could do that. Would he "fall in love" with anyone who gave him attention and made him laugh?

This guy is asking for trouble. (If, in fact, he's for real, as you say he is.) Very bad decision-making skills. Don't let his train wreck happen in your front yard. Send him on down the line. CHOO-CHOO!
Petticoat Junction!! (couldn't resist when you typed choo choo)

Anyways Queen, go ahead and Anna Nicole him but be prepared for some repercussions if he catches on to what you are doing. Remember he is coo coo and you might find your permenant home in his crawlspace.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:36 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
He's probably some fat 40 year old in a holey tee shirt living in his mommy's basement with pizza boxes stacked around him.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM

224 posts, read 357,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
He's probably some fat 40 year old in a holey tee shirt living in his mommy's basement with pizza boxes stacked around him.
No, he's legit. He post pics on social media, and he's not a catfish, because I've messaged some of his friends about him. He's a real person. If you watch The Office, he kind of looks like Andy Bernard. lol

Old 06-27-2018, 11:05 AM

187 posts, read 128,771 times
Why did you message his friends? They probably thought that was weird.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:49 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Id be willing to bet a few days before the meeting, something will come up where he wont be able to meet you.
Probably on an emergency business trip to Egypt. I'm serious, that's my best bet. And he'll encounter a situation where he needs some money. He won't ask directly but he'll make every appearance of OP letting down a friend if she doesn't offer to send the money.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:33 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,711 times
OP insists on pursuing this guy. Waiting for the next installment.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:13 PM

224 posts, read 357,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattaty25 View Post
Why did you message his friends? They probably thought that was weird.
To make sure I wasn't getting catfished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships