Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2018, 11:20 AM

14 posts, read 8,547 times

Advertisements

Men, why do ask a woman out on a second date during a first date and then never contact her again even when she said she would go on a second date with you? There is no need to ask for a second date if you are not sincere about it. Are you using the second date question as an ego boost to see how well you did with a pretty woman?
Women, does this happen to you too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 11:52 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ35 View Post
Men, why do ask a woman out on a second date during a first date ...
it works?

Quote:
...and then never contact her again
even when she said she would go on a second date with you?
Don't do that.

"Call me again on Monday. Ask me out then"

Old 06-17-2018, 12:04 PM

14 posts, read 8,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
it works?

"Call me again on Monday. Ask me out then"
Are you saying you would like the women to ask you out for the second date?

Old 06-17-2018, 12:06 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
They change their mind. In the heat of the moment they want to seal the deal and get her to commit to another date (some "books" advise that). Then when they cool off a bit they don't feel the same or they have started talking to someone else. Not that they necessarily don't believe in dating multiple people but they've apparently lost interest.

Don't take a guy too seriously - if he hasn't made a specific plan for the date (time and place) then don't consider it a date and don't "wait by the phone". It's kinda like if a guy says he loves you for the first time when you're in bed together - don't believe it.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:37 PM

777 posts, read 452,196 times
That happened.

Had what I thought was a good first meeting with a guy. He suggested a movie Sunday, and said he'd text on Sunday morning to work out specifics, and I was good with that plan.

No message Sunday morning. Early Sunday afternoon, he gave me some sort of excuse, so I just asked him to let me know when he would be free again. Never heard a word from him again. I guess his Saturday night date went really well.

Next.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:40 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Men, why do ask a woman out on a second date during a first date and then never contact her again even when she said she would go on a second date with you? There is no need to ask for a second date if you are not sincere about it. Are you using the second date question as an ego boost to see how well you did with a pretty woman?
It happens. You have a great first date and make plans for a second date. Then you go home and sleep over it. The next day you think more clearly and may realize, you have nothing in common or aren't just compatible or he said some weird stuff. You decide against a second date. Not unusual at all.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:42 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I haven't really had this happen except in a loose way ("let's call eachother some time" even though we both knew the date hadn't been awesome), but I expect it's either to be polite and get away without having disappointed the rejected partner, or it's "marking one's spot" just in case they might want a date. Then later they decide they don't want to.

Not everyone is everyone else's cup of tea...it happens...I know it kind of stinks but that's okay, there's someone out there for you.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:45 PM

30 posts, read 17,685 times
Be careful about assuming that all men do this. I think it is kind of rude when a guy does this. If a first date doesn't go well, and I don't feel the thing has any legs, I stand up and say so. I know plenty of other men who do as well. It's not nice to leave someone hanging on the line. It also doesn't serve you any purpose as a man.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:57 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
I ask for a second date sometimes to see if she would at least be receptive if I asked her out again. Don’t guarantee that I’m going to STAY interested enough to actually follow through. Women leave me hanging all the time. It’s dating which ain’t always fair, trust me, I know better than anyone.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:54 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
People change their minds all the time after introspection. I've had it happen to me multiple occasions. It's just part of the landscape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships