Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 03:17 PM

10,502 posts, read 7,043,034 times

Advertisements

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nds/720864002/

The number of Ashley Madison subscriptions has gone up recently, despite the hacking a couple of years ago. If you recall, there were a lot of men and women having awkward conversations with their spouses over this.

Okay, so let's leave the issue of cheating aside for the moment. To me, the question is, how stupid are you? I mean, if you really want to cheat on your spouse so badly, why would you go back onto a site with such porous security. Do you want to get caught? Are you beyond caring?

Old 06-22-2018, 03:21 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
I have said for years that there is a strong adversion to intellectualism in the US. Laymen’s terms: people are perfectly satisfied being ignorant and stupid here. This is strong evidence for my argument. The worship of the Kardashians are my biggest evidence.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I have said for years that there is a strong adversion to intellectualism in the US. Laymen’s terms: people are perfectly satisfied being ignorant and stupid here. This is strong evidence for my argument. The worship of the Kardashians are my biggest evidence.
I know this is a rarity on this forum, but I agree with you on this point. Any culture where entertainers and athletes enjoy the highest status is one that is ultimately doomed.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:56 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Ive always wondered how I would feel to cheat on someone. I would think it would be very passionate and exciting at first, until the tears start falling.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ive always wondered how I would feel to cheat on someone. I would think it would be very passionate and exciting at first, until the tears start falling.
Yeah. I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It is like some friends who used to sell drugs tell me. There is that temporary high when you close the deal but the other 85% or the time is spent in constant fear of being exposed and dealing with the consequences of that.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:03 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I know this is a rarity on this forum, but I agree with you on this point. Any culture where entertainers and athletes enjoy the highest status is one that is ultimately doomed.
Oh. My. God. I am just disgusted that you could possibly agree. How are we going to have a contentious topic now that the OP is coming off as a good guy, and nobody wants to argue? Don't you know that's a recipe for a thread disaster?

SRSLY, I'm working so hard on trying to get a real relationship in my life that I just can't comprehend why somebody who has a good relationship would want to cheat on it. I'm sure MinivanDriver and Dissenter feel the same.

However we know people and we know that people stay in relationships for all the right reasons and all the wrong reasons too, and life being as complex as it is people end up in relationships they really don't want but can't get out.

I think this is a case that if you want to do it then go for it, and those of us who can't understand that mentality can be assured that we are headed to better relationships than these marriage cheaters have.

As far as site security, that's something that can be fixed. I don't know if it was or wasn't but it seems they would have at least fixed the flaws that outed their customers last time. Whether or not there are still flaws in their security, well if there is I guess we'll read about it here on our forum.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:08 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
I’m not sure everyone using that site is doing so while married or doing so unknown to their spouse.

They don’t cross check if you are married or not from what I have heard.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:17 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

SRSLY, I'm working so hard on trying to get a real relationship in my life that I just can't comprehend why somebody who has a good relationship would want to cheat on it. I'm sure MinivanDriver and Dissenter feel the same.
What happened to your "lady.'

Old 06-22-2018, 05:39 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
It's nothing new in this country though. Years ago while in a graduate level history course I read a book called something like Anti-intellectualism in the U.S. Americans have generally had a negative reaction to smart people. I think it's just more evident because everything is more evident with the internet, social media, etc.

And yeah, joining this service is a sure sign of the idiocy that abounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships