Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 03:09 PM

1,063 posts, read 697,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That won't happen any time soon. For some a babymama/babydaddy (even multiples) is a status symbol.

But of course men can and should bag it up.
The responsibility for bringing a child into the world is largely the Woman's decision.

She can choose to not have sex with irresponsible Men.
She can choose to force the Man to wear a condom.
She can choose to use birth control proactively.
She can choose to take plan B in event of an accident.
She can choose to abort the child.
Lastly, she can choose to give the child to a responsible relative or other adoptive parent.

The man conversely only has two choices:

Don't have sex.
Pray the condom doesn't break.

Until we reconcile these differences, poverty, crime and overall human suffering will continue.

RISUG has no funding because it puts greater reproductive control in the hands of Men. This would lead to negative fertility rates and the collapse of the prison industrial complex, the Democrat political party and Various Fortune 500s which rely on a large uneducated underemployed consumer base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 03:36 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
The responsibility for bringing a child into the world is largely the Woman's decision.
While I'm sure it feels good to tell yourself that, it's really not true... because every single time a guy sticks his **** in, he really has NO idea if the woman has done ANY of this:

Quote:
She can choose to not have sex with irresponsible Men.
She can choose to force the Man to wear a condom.
She can choose to use birth control proactively.
She can choose to take plan B in event of an accident.
She can choose to abort the child.
Lastly, she can choose to give the child to a responsible relative or other adoptive parent.
So it behooves him to take responsibility himself.

Quote:
This would lead to negative fertility rates and the collapse of the prison industrial complex, the Democrat political party and Various Fortune 500s which rely on a large uneducated underemployed consumer base.
You could just share this ^^^ theory with any woman you're thinking about having sex with and it would be VERY effective birth control.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:01 PM

67 posts, read 144,702 times
Quote:

You could just share this ^^^ theory with any woman you're thinking about having sex with and it would be VERY effective birth control.
Lol. Gotta rep that.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Either the kids are grown or it's a no-go.

There are plenty of Women from other countries that either have grown children at that age or none.

When Men have a zero tolerance for baby momma drama in this country, the reproduction habits will change and become more responsible.
Why do they have to be from a different country?

...And so you're saying all single mothers should stay single until their kids are grown? That would be millions of kids without a father figure in their life, wouldn't that create just as much of a crisis as the one you're suggesting?

Old 07-02-2018, 08:54 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You'd be surprised. There are quite a few women out there, at 40 with no kids. Many never were interested in having kids. Some haven't met the right guy. Others have been busy going to school, getting advanced degrees, then getting established in a career. IDK if this is difficult for some people to believe, but it actually IS possible to go through 25 of one's childbearing years, without giving birth. lol. It's really not that hard.

Yup. I have only had a date with one 40+ person that has had kids since January. Only one of those (that I know of) actually wants them, either.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
This is the exact reason I don't have any baby momma drama. Just a sane rationale responsible Wife. And no kids that we didn't plan.
Ohhh I see. This is just typical armchair comments-section ranting LOLOL. OK carry on, Internet Warrior.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:15 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You'd be surprised. There are quite a few women out there, at 40 with no kids. Many never were interested in having kids. Some haven't met the right guy. Others have been busy going to school, getting advanced degrees, then getting established in a career. IDK if this is difficult for some people to believe, but it actually IS possible to go through 25 of one's childbearing years, without giving birth. lol. It's really not that hard.
According to the 2016 census, 14.4 % of women (total) in the US over 40 were childless. That # surely rises with income, education, etc.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:16 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
I haven’t asked about her summer pay situation, but from what she did say - she would be able to take money out of 401k or something if necessary.
Oof. I realize this is off-topic, but this should only be done when all other avenues have been exhausted and she is desperate. Withdrawing money from a 401(k) will trigger huge penalties and taxes. Any financial expert will say this is a huge no-no.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Oof. I realize this is off-topic, but this should only be done when all other avenues have been exhausted and she is desperate. Withdrawing money from a 401(k) will trigger huge penalties and taxes. Any financial expert will say this is a huge no-no.
That's what I was thinking. But it seemed way down the list of priorities for the OP to consider.

Either way, it's definitely another flaming red flag - bad decisions galore.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
According to the 2016 census, 14.4 % of women (total) in the US over 40 were childless. That # surely rises with income, education, etc.
Yes, that's not a huge number is it - so chances are I will have to deal with some "baby momma drama" if I'm being realistic. Not to mention of that 14.4% that don't have children...what other issues do they have?? I can tell you from experience at that age, a lot of them have their own issues (ptsd, bad relationship with family, personality disorders, addictions, etc etc). Finding a partner with no kids, no drama, no past traumas, probably narrows that down to about 5% - so all the dudes suggesting just don't date someone with kids, are either too young, or too narrow minded to make that a hard rule. There's always being alone.

Quote:
That's what I was thinking. But it seemed way down the list of priorities for the OP to consider.

Either way, it's definitely another flaming red flag - bad decisions galore.
Don't quote me on that, honestly it could've been something else she would be drawing from...but, that was a last resort if absolutely necessary to survive. But that's not really my decision or concern right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships