Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 05:37 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Tomorrow's date is supposed to be much earlier since it's Sunday. So I won't be getting home at 11pm tomorrow like I would have tonight since it's a Saturday. It will be around 8pm since it's a work night and I have to work on Monday.
I hope it works out just fine.

Hey you know, a good lady is worth taking a few knocks for. All the best! Let us know how it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 05:41 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Let’s see, you set aside limited free time that you could be doing something else, spend emotional energy getting psyched for the date, get prepared, only for it to be for naught and a lot of BS? Yeah let’s see you NOT get angry.
Disappointed yes, feeling let down yes. Maybe you are right about getting angry under the circumstances. We are only human after all.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:46 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,099 times
Quote:
she agreed to reschedule for tomorrow but I don't feel completely confident that we will see each other. Especially since it's the 2nd cancellation. That's why I agreed to go out on a sunday because I am not sure if she is dating someone else and don't know how to tell me.
This doesn’t sound good.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:52 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
You should get out of the house tonight without her. No need to waste that outfit.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:24 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
This doesn’t sound good.
The difference between this cancellation and the last one was this time she called instead of texting and rescheduled for the next day. Last time she sent a text and there was no reschedule date mentioned at all so let's see what happens tomorrow

Old 06-30-2018, 07:51 PM

89 posts, read 113,465 times
If some of you ever do the online dating profiles thing, hopefully you don't ever put the word "understanding" in there to describe yourself.

No one needs to make a habit of canceling or accept someone's making a habit of canceling. But if someone is sick or in pain an hour or 30 minutes before our date, it doesn't matter about the short notice--some things can't be helped. I can't really tell a migraine when to come. The reason for canceling should be just as important as the fact that someone canceled.

And I can understand if someone had a crappy day at work and doesn't want to go out, although they need to contact you and let you know--not you contacting them and their being like "Oh, I'm in my jammies." But if the person did contact me an hour before and said, "I had a bad day, can we do this some other time?" I might feel some type of way, but I'm not going to block them and start calling them "flaky," especially if that's the first time canceling a date, just because they were looking forward to the date earlier in the day when the day wasn't going as badly yet. Who wants to go out with someone who is down or in a bad mood because they had a crappy day?

Honestly, this is the type of stuff I keep referring to in this forum when I'm talking about people's standards and dating/relationships nowadays not even being worth my effort. People just overreact to and over-read into everything nowadays. I have no idea how you'd ever satisfy anyone.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:55 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times
Sorry you are sick.
Call me when you are feeling better, but
in the mean time, I'm making other plans.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:01 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensational View Post
If some of you ever do the online dating profiles thing, hopefully you don't ever put the word "understanding" in there to describe yourself.

No one needs to make a habit of canceling or accept someone's making a habit of canceling. But if someone is sick or in pain an hour or 30 minutes before our date, it doesn't matter about the short notice--some things can't be helped. I can't really tell a migraine when to come. The reason for canceling should be just as important as the fact that someone canceled.

And I can understand if someone had a crappy day at work and doesn't want to go out, although they need to contact you and let you know--not you contacting them and their being like "Oh, I'm in my jammies." But if the person did contact me an hour before and said, "I had a bad day, can we do this some other time?" I might feel some type of way, but I'm not going to block them and start calling them "flaky," especially if that's the first time canceling a date, just because they were looking forward to the date earlier in the day when the day wasn't going as badly yet. Who wants to go out with someone who is down or in a bad mood because they had a crappy day?

Honestly, this is the type of stuff I keep referring to in this forum when I'm talking about people's standards and dating/relationships nowadays not even being worth my effort. People just overreact to and over-read into everything nowadays. I have no idea how you'd ever satisfy anyone.
You certainly have the right to react however you want in that situation, but I had enough information to conclude that he was definitely being a flake and he deserved to be blocked. Period.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:06 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensational View Post

I have standards for someone I choose to give valuable time to that are at keeping their commitment or giving me a reason and plenty of notice when they cancel, and I’m “overreacting”? I have had far too many girls flake and play that BS with me to have any patience for it. If you are straight with me and say I had a bad day, I MIGHT give a woman another opportunity if you are willing to show me you want that opportunity by reaching out to me with a plan, though I’d definitely not be inclined to. If the woman don’t show me they want the opportunity by being proactive, she’s on the discard pile and she can kiss my , because I have no patience for flakes being old as I am and played too much.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:06 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
One more cancellation and that will probably be it for me. The fact that I am willing to come out on a sunday in 100 degree weather shows that I really like her so she better not cancel tomorrow.
With your attitude, I can see why she cancelled. I guess it's a good thing you didn't live 70 to 90 years ago when homes didn't have air-conditioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Let’s see, you set aside limited free time that you could be doing something else, spend emotional energy getting psyched for the date, get prepared, only for it to be for naught and a lot of BS? Yeah let’s see you NOT get angry.
What limited time? He had all day to freak out. What kind of weird bizarre person would have to get psyched up for a date anyway?

Some people are just wrapped too tight for this World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships