Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 04:43 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronst View Post
Or maybe you're a lonely middle aged woman trolling the internet because she's bitter that the situation applies to her? Reported.
Somebody's trying to suck up and be nasty at the same time...why don't you just report it without posting?

Old 06-30-2018, 04:49 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
Nicely done.

Is OP a troll? I honestly can't tell. I'm sort of new to this forum stuff.
Forum rules forbids accusing people of being a troll. There's actually no reason to think he is - his situation is not entirely uncommon. Less common is having someone bring it to a public forum but it happens.

I'm just one person and I know of at least three married men who considered an affair when their wives were giving them a hard time. I also know of women who did the same. One actually had an affair.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:10 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,945,586 times
While I’d like to hear her side, but I say go for it if you have no kids. You have an obligation to fix the situation though and hear her side. You’re the one who proposed to her. This new girl could end up the same way.

Last edited by Berteau; 06-30-2018 at 05:31 PM..

Old 06-30-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sorry, OP; it's not believable that her beauty faded at 32. And if you married her for her looks, well, what can we say?
Shallow is as shallow does. You made your choice, Now live with it.
I agree but I do say make the best of it. Fix it - do something positive about it.

But the OP was complaining about her other lacklustre habits and attitude and then on top of that, withholding sex as though in protest or something. Maybe he is expressing himself poorly out of frustration and disappointment or something.

One of the pieces of advice I picked up here is to never let disagreements or fights interrupt our sex life. On the one hand it is very hard to stay angry (or even get angry) with someone we a making love to and being intimate with plus it stops us from wanting to be mean. On the other hand, withholding sex makes us more angry or frustrated or whatever. I wish I had been given that advice at the beginning of my married life.

Another bit of advice that never given during counselling was to take ownership for our own faults in a relationship and work on those.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:34 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,679,067 times
Quote:
I think your freedom is worth the price of spousal support. Do you really want to be stuck in a bad relationship? My sister got divorced years ago because she knew if she didn't get out she'd be stuck in the same rut for the next 18 years if she got pregnant. So she left, found someone else, had a bunch of kids and she's happy. If you don't have minor children, I think you're getting out fairly easily.
The wife is only 32. It is pretty unlikely she’ll get spousal support, especially since the OP says she had a job and lost it. It isn’t like she’s been out of the workforce a long time. It sounds like she’s only recently left the workforce and could easily go back. The OP hasn’t told us, however, if his wife is refusing to look for a job again.

If this was a recent job loss? If so, she might still be depressed about it and of course she’s going to expect the OP to be a provider if she IS looking for a job. If he is expecting her to put stuff on credit cards when she has no job and there are no shared finances, that seems a bit ridiculous. If she is out of work, she should be focusing on finding something new, not going to the gym and keeping pretty for the OP.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
The wife is only 32. It is pretty unlikely she’ll get spousal support, especially since the OP says she had a job and lost it. It isn’t like she’s been out of the workforce a long time. It sounds like she’s only recently left the workforce and could easily go back. The OP hasn’t told us, however, if his wife is refusing to look for a job again.

If this was a recent job loss? If so, she might still be depressed about it and of course she’s going to expect the OP to be a provider if she IS looking for a job. If he is expecting her to put stuff on credit cards when she has no job and there are no shared finances, that seems a bit ridiculous. If she is out of work, she should be focusing on finding something new, not going to the gym and keeping pretty for the OP.
Every guy ******* that he'll have to pay spousal support when that happens pretty rarely now and only for a short period of time for a SAHS...as if the OP has any money anyway...prenup, as if!

Old 06-30-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post

Aah! That's a good point. She lost her job - we don't know why. Maybe she is suffering from depression of some form which might explain her lack of interest in anything and maybe even her losing her job in the first place. A depressed person's personality can take a dive too as a result.

OP, might I suggest you look into that possibility before you do anything. At least rule out the possibility. If she is suffering from depression then it is usually treatable and you could get the woman you married back. Give her a chance at least. And go for counselling.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Aah! That's a good point. She lost her job - we don't know why. Maybe she is suffering from depression of some form which might explain her lack of interest in anything and maybe even her losing her job in the first place. A depressed person's personality can take a dive too as a result.

OP, might I suggest you look into that possibility before you do anything. At least rule out the possibility. If she is suffering from depression then it is usually treatable and you could get the woman you married back. Give her a chance at least. And go for counselling.
OP doesn't sound like the sensitive type - he's only looking for an excuse to screw around. You think he cares about depression? And is empathic enough for counselling to make a difference?

Old 06-30-2018, 06:01 PM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
OP doesn't sound like the sensitive type -
That's really presumptuous. The guy sounds like he's at his wits end. I would hate to be in a relationship like that for a week let alone for however long OP has been dealing with it. Maybe he came here asking for advice as a last resort. Maybe he's completely burned out on the whole thing. Bad relationships do have a way of sucking all the happiness and joy out of life.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
That's really presumptuous. The guy sounds like he's at his wits end. I would hate to be in a relationship like that for a week let alone for however long OP has been dealing with it. Maybe he came here asking for advice as a last resort. Maybe he's completely burned out on the whole thing. Bad relationships do have a way of sucking all the happiness and joy out of life.
It's a completely fake troll post. With all the buzzwords s/he used, it's like s/he's playing troll post bingo.

It helps to be able to spot them so you don't waste time responding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships