Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 02:19 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I must have missed where you paid the $90 bill at the hair salon.
And, please don't tell us that you bought her a pair of shoes.

While I have not dated in decades (as I was married) my daughter is currently in the dating pool. Among her peers, college educated women, the standard rule is the first one or two dates the man offers to pay, they protest but let him pay, and after that they normally take turns paying. While it may be different in different areas of the country, IMHO, it is never, ever appropriate for a woman to allow her boyfriend to pay her expenses like a cell phone bill, hair salon or clothes unless it is special treat like a birthday gift or she is a sugar baby (or hooker). Sheesh. What a mess!
But I get the impression that OP is the one who thinks it is his job to pay for this stuff even though he resents the hell out of it. I think he has some very odd notions of what a relationship is "supposed" to be like and that's what he has to do to eventually get some lovin' from this woman. He has this loyalty thing going so that even after a single date he is obligated to be her white knight in all things...yet he is constantly complaining. It's all very strange.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:27 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
No down time? I thought you spent the day swimming and paddle boarding while she had her hair done.
Yeah OP. Why do you post such things? You are a mess of mental contradictions.

You love her but you want to have sex with and date other people.
You voluntarily buy her phones, hairdos, groceries, but you resent spending money on her.
You get a DUI and fail to appear, but none of it is your fault.
You hate where you live but reject every single other city suggested.
You're 35, you lift weights but you can't push your girlfriend's wheelchair through the mall without getting exhausted.

I'd be interested in hearing your insights on why you seem to lie to and delude yourself so often.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:16 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
OP, as some members pointed out, you said you started this thread just to vent. You don't really want, nor do you take seriously, advice from anyone. Most of your posts here are more suited for a blog than a discussion forum. This thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships