Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 11:13 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Why in the world would you wanna be with some broad who's into gangster thug types???? She's the one with the problem, not you
lol. The OP says it's been a pattern in his life, though. So we're dealing with more than just one "broad". There are deeper issues at play, it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 11:15 AM

1,078 posts, read 938,528 times
Wait, did SHE say she isn’t as attracted to your type, or is this all second hand observations from her friend?

Old 07-28-2018, 11:20 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol. The OP says it's been a pattern in his life, though. So we're dealing with more than just one "broad". There are deeper issues at play, it seems.
Ok, why would someone be into "broads" that like thug types???? Yes, I remember this kid posting a hundred years ago and this is the first time that I can remember of this type of thread from him, but I could be wrong I can't keep up with all the people who post here.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:21 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I’m currently in a relationship with a woman who at one time had a very specific type (gangster thug Latino & Black men) Her typical type is the type of guy who in my own past women ALWAYS chose over me. I’ve come recently to the realization that I am in fact a beta male. I’m white, short, slightly outta shape, well spoken, the polar opposite of the men my gf usually dates. I find myself less than satisfied with our sex life. Otherwise she’s the perfect girlfriend; loving, supportive, encouraging me to better myself, etc.

I’ve made some changes to better myself (I’ve dumped a lot of money into a new wardrobe) knowing this will make me feel more confident and better myself. A friend once told me that because I’m so different from the guys she normally dates that she will never desire me as much as the gangster guys she dated in her past. Is this true? Am I doomed to always wondering if she’s wishing she was with her “type” when we make love?

As people mature their tastes change. To a young woman a thug type might seem exciting, until she sees how dangerous, unfulfilling and stupid such a lifestyle is.

You have her right? Doesn't it seem for that to happen, then what she considers her 'type' must have changed?

Somehow you were good enough to get her, but don't feel good enough to keep her? I rarely suggest this, but maybe you need to look into some therapy.

The man makes the clothes, the clothes don't make the man. You might lose her by denying the obvious about her, but it probably wont be because you are not a thug.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:26 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Ok, why would someone be into "broads" that like thug types???? Yes, I remember this kid posting a hundred years ago and this is the first time that I can remember of this type of thread from him, but I could be wrong I can't keep up with all the people who post here.
This is the other side of it. OP, why choose a woman like this?

Old 07-28-2018, 11:30 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Why in the world would you wanna be with some broad who's into gangster thug types???? She's the one with the problem, not you
Maybe OP is interested in something different. I wouldn't be scared off by such a woman if we shared mutual interests, but I wouldn't be venturing into gang areas to date her.

One of my biggest thrills with OLD is that for the first time ever I have access to dating women from different races, ethnicities, cultures, etc., and I've had some really great dates. About 30% of my dates are unconventional for me, and I have really enjoyed meeting and dating different types of women. Of course this is not for everybody. Some people prefer variety, some prefer same old same old.

In the case of the OP's date I would of course determine if she has any negatives such as drug use. If she fits into the general type of women I date (rather diverse, but good people) then I would date her. Maybe she's getting better taste in men, and I'm pretty sure I'm better than the bangers she's been dating. OP is probably a step up too, if he quits obsessing.

I wouldn't go through all the negative self-opinion the OP expresses.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:31 AM

Op, life is hard enough, don't be with someone who pulls insecurities out of you. In her defense she could be waking up and trying to get her stuff together and wants to expand her horizons. Only you can answer that as we don't know her.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:34 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Op, life is hard enough, don't be with someone who pulls insecurities out of you. In her defense she could be waking up and trying to get her stuff together and wants to expand her horizons. Only you can answer that as we don't know her.
Nobody can "pull insecurities out of you." It's on you if you have the insecurities in the first place. Work on that self-esteem if you have insecurities and get rid of them.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Nobody can "pull insecurities out of you." It's on you if you have the insecurities in the first place. Work on that self-esteem if you have insecurities and get rid of them.
Come on, lol, you know what I mean, let's not get hung up on sematics.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:39 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
The beta male thing is a ridiculous myth, so it would help if you stop telling yourself stupid stories.

Why don't you ask her what she likes about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships