Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 02:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
You dont have to keep confirming my understanding of what you are and what you think. You already said enough
Well then why are you asking us, if you already know?

BTW, how on earth is age a life choice and something one has control over?

Old 08-03-2018, 02:36 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
I find it weird someone would have a preference in terms of just nationality.
I can get racial, accent, religious, cultural etc preferences though, and of course many times some of these will coincide with nationality.

The Americans I've met have appeared to match well with Swedes at least, no matter which one is the guy/girl, in spite of both Swedish accent in English and American accent in Swedish are both equally horrible

Old 08-03-2018, 02:37 PM

651 posts, read 407,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well then why are you asking us, if you already know?

BTW, how on earth is age a life choice and something one has control over?
The way he presented the age difference analogy is just completely ridiculous. 30 years difference.. It just doesnt work that way..

As to your other question, that's exactly what I did. I came here and I asked. He answered with his point of view which was abundantly clear the first time. Nowhere did I say I didn't "get" his message, yet he had to come back with more nasty stuff

My guess is he's passionately opinionated on the whole immigration question. But whatever, I have enough intelligence to recognize certain types of people.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:37 PM

17 posts, read 6,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Because the chart that was posted earlier is more along race.... it isn't a reflection of country/origin.

People of different races are spread throughout the world. We have Russians of descendent of Asian bloodlines. We have European bloodlines in Latin America etc..

I myself is an American born Asian. My dating preferences are a product of my upbringing and environment. They have more in common with my white and black friends more so than my asian friends born elsewhere. Race wise I don't really have a preference... I've dated all sorts of people from different races; black, asian, white, latina. Country wise, I have dated mostly US american, Korean, Russian.

With that said... being American born Asian Male spending my early adult life in predominantly US black and later predominantly US white neighborhoods have been terrible in terms of dating. Seems everyone likes Asian women in terms of looks... but not too many women are attracted to Asian men.
It's very common amongst American women esp White women to discriminate against Asian men and Indian men both. I am an Indian guy, almost 35 yet I have never gone out on a date with one American woman in all my life. I am pretty athletic, dress well, smell nice, fun to talk to etc however I perceived the reason was that it's considered low status in the US to date Indian or Asian men.

I did however have some short term relationships with Indian women, and some European women. European women didn't seem to be hung up on racial status etc as much as the American ones seem to be. I have often found American women to be very cold to approach, the same ones of course display a 100% opposite behavior when one of my Black or White friends were to approach them. The posters here won't accept it but it's 100% true that American women in general don't want to be seen out with Indian or Asian men.

P.S. Also when I say Indian it doesn't mean I have just stepped out of India and speak with your 7/11/Apu accent, I don't. My speaking skills are in fact vastly more superior to a lot of Americans I meet on a daily basis. Plus I have a great job, drive a very nice car etc. So I have everything going for me except I don't look like your mainstream Chad.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:02 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianguync View Post
It's very common amongst American women esp White women to discriminate against Asian men and Indian men both. I am an Indian guy, almost 35 yet I have never gone out on a date with one American woman in all my life. I am pretty athletic, dress well, smell nice, fun to talk to etc however I perceived the reason was that it's considered low status in the US to date Indian or Asian men.

I did however have some short term relationships with Indian women, and some European women. European women didn't seem to be hung up on racial status etc as much as the American ones seem to be. I have often found American women to be very cold to approach, the same ones of course display a 100% opposite behavior when one of my Black or White friends were to approach them. The posters here won't accept it but it's 100% true that American women in general don't want to be seen out with Indian or Asian men.

P.S. Also when I say Indian it doesn't mean I have just stepped out of India and speak with your 7/11/Apu accent, I don't. My speaking skills are in fact vastly more superior to a lot of Americans I meet on a daily basis. Plus I have a great job, drive a very nice car etc. So I have everything going for me except I don't look like your mainstream Chad.
You and that other dude throw around the word discriminate much much too casually, bordering on offensive.

Discrimation is an ugly thing, having prefernces in the dating sphere is a whole other subject that we've beaten to death in this forum.

I have a feeling you probably aren't into fat chicks, most likely as many many men aren't.

Don't you know that you are discrimating against them because they are fat.

See how silly that is? You could possibly have zero malice in your heart for overweight women and wish them the best and still not want to date them.

Why do women( white) owe you anything?

A lot of black women are sorta known for and tend to lean toward dating within their race. If me as a white guy met a black woman and she "preferred" to date black men it on it's face isn't a bad thing, it's just her preference.

Why should I get mad at a black woman who's not into white dudes?????

If she thinks white men are filthy pigs, well, that's another thing.

It's malice folks, it all boils down to that in my opinion.

Sorry Indian dudes have it rough, but someone in the world is dating/boning/relationships with Indian dudes as they outnumber white Caucasians in the world by a long long shot.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You and that other dude throw around the word discriminate much much too casually, bordering on offensive.

Discrimation is an ugly thing, having prefernces in the dating sphere is a whole other subject that we've beaten to death in this forum.

I have a feeling you probably aren't into fat chicks, most likely as many many men aren't.

Don't you know that you are discrimating against them because they are fat.

See how silly that is? You could possibly have zero malice in your heart for overweight women and wish them the best and still not want to date them.

Why do women( white) owe you anything?

A lot of black women are sorta known for and tend to lean toward dating within their race. If me as a white guy met a black woman and she "preferred" to date black men it on it's face isn't a bad thing, it's just her preference.

Why should I get mad at a black woman who's not into white dudes?????

If she thinks white men are filthy pigs, well, that's another thing.

It's malice folks, it all boils down to that in my opinion.

Sorry Indian dudes have it rough, but someone in the world is dating/boning/relationships with Indian dudes as they outnumber white Caucasians in the world by a long long shot.
This. Plain and simple.

This entire thread is a loaded gun and set up to bait and prove some skewed point, while slapping an ugly adjective onto millions of women in one fell swoop.

There was never an actual “question” here.

OP, have you looked into other possible reasons for your lack of dating success? I can see a few.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianguync View Post

NOBODY looks like a mainstream Chad.

People look all different. Yes...EVEN white people. Can we be any more racist right now? What an ugly thread.

I think I can see why these women are avoiding you two...with the horrid cookie cutter and judgmental way you view them. Trust me, it shows. How ironic, who on this thread is actually bigoted against whole groups sight unseen, given the original complaint.

Stop being a racist, problem solved, you’re welcome.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:22 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Been that way for a long time... this is a graphic from an article written 5 years ago:

I think it's funny that Asian men have a different preference from EVERY OTHER group.... almost like they know something about asian women? heh.

Anyway, this might be representative of the majority, or trend, but hardly the individual.

Generally, I think it's more of a values thing than a origin of birth thing.
I avoided Asian woman when I was younger (I went strictly for Caucasians and Hispanic ladies). Most Asian women I knew were too religious (and or) not adventurous/generous in bed. Just my experience living in California as a teen, as diverse/Liberal as it is.

BTW: the chart is bogus! laughable at best.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:22 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And in my experience, pretty, young, thin Asian women are in hot demand by white guys.
This comports with my experience here in California. It's almost become a joke--show me a tall white guy and I'll show you his little bitty Asian girlfriend. The taller the guy, the shorter the girlfriend.

Which, as my teenage daughters complain, seems to leave the short Asian guys for the tall white women.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:23 PM

651 posts, read 407,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
NOBODY looks like a mainstream Chad.

People look all different. Yes...EVEN white people. Can we be any more racist right now? What an ugly thread.

I think I can see why these women are avoiding you two...with the horrid cookie cutter and judgmental way you view them. Trust me, it shows. How ironic, who on this thread is actually bigoted against whole groups sight unseen, given the original complaint.

Stop being a racist, problem solved, you’re welcome.
*Correction* The OP was merely posing a question, not complaining.

But how ugly the threads become is up to the people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships