Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,154 times

Advertisements

I wanted to share this, which hopefully will help at least some of you. Most places all of us normally try might not work, including online dating, but have you tried gym approach? This worked so far 100% for all my girlfriends and coworkers, not to mention myself, but you need to follow some steps for it to work. To be fair, most of us have at least an average body types, and you do have to choose who you approach wisely. Which is first clue: for this to work you will need to approach the right guy yourself. How you do it is up to you, but don’t approach with question about going out first 🙂 Second, do observation for first few weeks, avoid guys that often show off in front of mirrors, or constantly work out in groups, those are the “players”. Take a note for guys who workout by themselves and act normally, those are the ones you want. You also need to approach the guy to more or less match your body type, if he is extremely fit and you know you not there it won’t work long term.

So why it’s important to be the first one to approach? I asked my male fried why he doesn’t flirt with girls at the gym, and his answer gave me the idea to use this gym approach. He explained that normal guys would never bother any girls at the gym, as they understand and want to respect women’s desire to work out without being hit on. Thus, guys like him never make first move, but they are okay if girls approach them, just don’t do it in the middle of his set. Honestly, this worked amazingly well, just think about it: those guys are not lazy, and don’t mind to break a sweat to be healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 04:53 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,945,586 times
I’m a guy and meeting girls at the gym is hard because everyone’s has their headphones on, so you can’t talk to them. I’ve yet to be hit on at the gym. This approach could basically work anywhere though. The randomly talking to guys is the hardest and most important part.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:26 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,392 times
Those are good suggestions. Most guys will not object to a woman approaching them at the gym -- unless he is in the middle of a routine. (A neighbor tried to chat me up while I was in the middle of hanging leg raises, and she came very close to getting kicked; on purpose.)

I would challenge only one thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetJ12 View Post
You also need to approach the guy to more or less match your body type, if he is extremely fit and you know you not there it won’t work long term.
I am more fit than any women I meet so I do not expect them to match my body type or level of fitness.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:37 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
This is a great idea.

But most Women will sadly not follow this advice because it runs counter to biological female nature.

Women's brains are simply not wired to initiate or be the aggressor. They want to be "swept off their feet."

Old 08-05-2018, 06:39 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Approaching men a the gym? OMG what a brilliant idea!

Lol, put down the pipe, OP

Old 08-05-2018, 06:48 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This is a great idea.

But most Women will sadly not follow this advice because it runs counter to biological female nature.

Women's brains are simply not wired to initiate or be the aggressor. They want to be "swept off their feet."
Isn't the OP a woman?

Old 08-05-2018, 06:57 PM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
Most guys will not object to a woman approaching them at the gym...
or anywhere else

Old 08-05-2018, 09:42 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
Everyone seems so serious at my gym, no smiles or light hearted banter. But I work out with my brother. It's nice to have my backup when I need to kick a guy off a machine I need.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:51 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,697 times
I vote Lowe's and Home Depot. It works.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:54 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This is a great idea.

What planet are you from? Women initiate all the time. Apparently, they don't do that around you. That doesn't mean that women don't initiate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships