Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 12:50 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You kinda do, by asking her out to dinner (one on one) at restaurant infidelity, knowing full well she has a bf, LOl.

Kinda shady dont you think? How would you feel if you were the bf and your gf accepted a dinner date with someone that has romantic feelings for her?
You got the wrong set of rules. That's the man-man rule that you don't date your buddy's woman. This isn't that. If the woman already has a boyfriend who is not your buddy, that's just competition. Today's boyfriend can become tomorrow's ex, and today's just friends can become tomorrow's boyfriend.

The only obligation I ever feel is that if a woman says no it means no.

There is a difference between boyfriend ("somebody she's dating") and boyfriend ("we're going steady.") I haven't seen that distinction come into evidence yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 12:51 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
You got the wrong set of rules. That's the man-man rule that you don't date your buddy's woman. This isn't that. If the woman already has a boyfriend who is not your buddy, that's just competition. Today's boyfriend can become tomorrow's ex, and today's just friends can become tomorrow's boyfriend.

There is a difference between boyfriend ("somebody she's dating") and boyfriend ("we're going steady.") I haven't seen that distinction come into evidence yet.
That kind of competition is nothing to brag about.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:

Why on earth would a guy do this??????

"Buddy" or not, I don't care. And BTW, nobody says "going steady." A boyfriend is a boyfriend.

Would you be angling to be the next guy who was eventually replaced right under your nose with some rando? What are you gaining by "winning" this prize who outright states she's dating someone, even introduces you to him, then slips under his arm to go be with you? You'll be next.

This is just weird, LH. And wrong.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:53 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:

Meh, if she is just dating someone casually AND they are interested in the OP, they don't mention the BF. If they do and still want him to pursue, she is a game player and not worth dealing with.

Nothing good comes from this except some drama. I played this crud some when I was in my 20s and thought I was a bit studly cause I "won". What do you know, someone else came along and replaced me on the sly too. Nah. Forget about it.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:10 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range View Post
And here’s the catch: I met this guy the first time I went.

She never mentioned anything about him being her bf when I first met him
Was that guy sitting with you and her the first time?

I'm thinking he wasn't her boyfriend then (just one week earlier).

I still say ask her if she wants to go get a burger or some tacos.

If she agrees to go, see how it plays out. (I really don't think you misread her.)

If she agrees to go, and she asks if her boyfriend can join you, then you have your answer.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:17 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:

My set of rules is that its okay to date any woman, that's single and willing.

Asking a woman to cheat on her bf by asking her out on dates isn't cool with me. Because 99.9% of the time, that's what happens; he or she will cheat before letting go a committed relationship.

I know your set of rules, LH (reminiscent of some of my buddies): do anything for p-tang. LOl

Old 08-14-2018, 03:52 PM

423 posts, read 458,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You kinda do, by asking her out to dinner (one on one) at restaurant infidelity, knowing full well she has a bf, LOl.

Kinda shady dont you think? How would you feel if you were the bf and your gf accepted a dinner date with someone that has romantic feelings for her?
I asked her to dinner before I ever found out she had a BF lol. She didn’t give me a clean cut response. Hence I still thought she was single til a few days later

Last edited by Range; 08-14-2018 at 04:03 PM..

Old 08-14-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Was that guy sitting with you and her the first time?

I'm thinking he wasn't her boyfriend then (just one week earlier).

I still say ask her if she wants to go get a burger or some tacos.

If she agrees to go, see how it plays out. (I really don't think you misread her.)

If she agrees to go, and she asks if her boyfriend can join you, then you have your answer.

Yes, he was sitting with both of us the first time. They weren’t all touchy or anything, so I figured they were just friends.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:12 PM

So I saw her today at the docs. She told me that this week would be the last day she’s working there, asked me about my day, about what I’m up to, what the deal is with my car(I was telling her last time I saw her).

Let’s just ignore the fact that she’s got a bf, and that she was raised by a pastor. Why would I care about when her last week of work is? Why would she care about my car/day/life? Idk maybe she finds me interesting because she doesn’t know a lot of people, and just wants to be friends. But stuff like that throws me off big time. Cause nobody else who works there ever goes beyond asking how my day was. Or tells me about their lives. Idk maybe this is more fuel for the discussion lol.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range View Post
Why would I care about when her last week of work is?
Out of courtesy? Because you've been going there regularly for a few weeks and have built up a rapport?

Would you rather just show up next week and she's "disappeared," leaving you to wonder? Then we could all have fun dissecting a thread where "the flirty receptionist at my physical therapy clinic quit. Did I drive her away?"

Just kidding ... but really. What state did you grow up in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships