Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 05:57 AM

212 posts, read 148,991 times

Advertisements

I tired to break up with him yesterday.
I told I feel we not on the same page
And we are not working out, not progressing as a couple should.
I told him I have no hard feelings towards and I wish him nothing but the best.
He fough me on it. Blamed our lack of progression on himself
And he asked me to give him time and to be there for him, he said he didn’t want to lose me.
We talked for an hour.
He said lately he has been pushing everyone in his life away including me because he is feeling depressed that he is not at where he want to be in his age.
He says he feels unloved too …:. ?
I asked him how he expected to be loved if he is pushing the people who love him away.
He has been pushing me away lately, he is no longer active on WhatsApp, Facebook, none of his social media, he does not send me or contact me like he use to. No more good morning or afternoon check up messagew, no seeing each other.
So even though he didn’t accept my break up, I’ll consider this time as we are over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 07:12 AM

6,471 posts, read 9,853,603 times
Good for you.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:46 AM

5,464 posts, read 4,088,826 times
If he turns out to be stalker-ish, "never gonna let you go" type, try making him break up with YOU. Find out what he doesn't like in a woman and be that. Be rude to waitresses, demanding, interrupt him, don't show up on time, hint for expensive gifts, etc. -- whatever it takes to make him say "She is not the one for me."

Old 09-04-2018, 08:19 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,117,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma25 View Post
And he asked me to give him time and to be there for him, he said he didn’t want to lose me.
We talked for an hour.
He said lately he has been pushing everyone in his life away including me because he is feeling depressed that he is not at where he want to be in his age.
I asked him how he expected to be loved if he is pushing the people who love him away.
He has been pushing me away lately, he is no longer active on WhatsApp, Facebook, none of his social media, he does not send me or contact me like he use to. No more good morning or afternoon check up messagew, no seeing each other.
So even though he didn’t accept my break up, I’ll consider this time as we are over.
Good for you.

Some people don't want to be seen as the bad guy, don't want someone out there who has a negative view of them.

He's all talk. His actions show you everything you need to know about how he feels about YOU. He has not shown you love. He has not treated you with care and in fact has actively sought out (and probably been out with) other women.

So don't listen to his words any more. Don't talk to him anymore. If he calls or texts, give him brief answers ("I appreciate that but I am not interested....") and get off the phone.

You've taken the scary step. No don't cave and let him back in. Move forward, not backward.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:17 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,926,129 times
Quote:
We talked for an hour.

Good. Now follow through with maintaining distance....no calls, texts etc. Tell him you consider your relationship over and that he should do the same. Don't backpedal either.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:12 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,361,529 times
Wow, Gemma25, you did a great job in conveying your feelings and concerns. See how smart and capable you are? I am very impressed with how you handled that.

Be careful to not let him talk you out of what you want and what is best for you. He may well try to suck you back into a relationship to suit his needs only.

You deserve attention, respect and love that a good man would give to you and show you because you are important to him and cherish by him. There are many, many good men. Find one of those.

Great job!

I will add, I am very proud of you, though I have no right or place to be. Keep up the great work.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:00 PM

212 posts, read 148,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Wow, Gemma25, you did a great job in conveying your feelings and concerns. See how smart and capable you are? I am very impressed with how you handled that.

Be careful to not let him talk you out of what you want and what is best for you. He may well try to suck you back into a relationship to suit his needs only.

You deserve attention, respect and love that a good man would give to you and show you because you are important to him and cherish by him. There are many, many good men. Find one of those.

Great job!

I will add, I am very proud of you, though I have no right or place to be. Keep up the great work.
Awww thank you so much, that really touch my heart. I appreciate it.

He asked to Meet with me night, I said I’ve already made plans.
And told there is no point of meeting.

I’ve not made no plans I will be at home binging on suits and ice cream lol.

So thanks everyone, this is step forward definitely.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:04 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,117,464 times
Quote:
Awww thank you so much, that really touch my heart. I appreciate it.

He asked to Meet with me night, I said I’ve already made plans.
And told there is no point of meeting.

I’ve not made no plans I will be at home binging on suits and ice cream lol.

So thanks everyone, this is step forward definitely.
PERFECT

DO NOT CAVE!!!

Old 09-04-2018, 01:12 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,013,649 times
Quote:
We talked for an hour.
You have talked to him and have told him that you want to break up.He is making excuses as to why you guys shouldn't break up.Well you have already made your decision and told him this and he refuses to hear you.I say just send him an e-mail saying what you have told him face to face and be done with it.You did do it the right way but he doesn't want to accept it.Tell him in an e-mail too and contact him no further.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:23 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,182,110 times
Quote:
There isn't any "I won't accept our break up." He can't force you to go out with him. Just turn down date requests and quit talking on the phone. Block him if necessary.

Be wary that he may turn to stalker behavior and be prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
If he turns out to be stalker-ish, "never gonna let you go" type, try making him break up with YOU. Find out what he doesn't like in a woman and be that. Be rude to waitresses, demanding, interrupt him, don't show up on time, hint for expensive gifts, etc. -- whatever it takes to make him say "She is not the one for me."
I'm sorry, but that sounds like game playing and very immature to me. It shouldn't be necessary to go through such tactics when a firm "No" should work.

If "No" doesn't work, just keep repeating it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships