Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 05:40 PM

193 posts, read 93,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Impressive display of back-pedaling. FTR, no one cares if you date and boink your way around the world. Have at it!!!

Just so you know, it's misogynistic to presume to know what a woman wants and to accuse her of ulterior motives in her interactions with you.

You have some emotional problems that you need to resolve so that you can have healthy relationships period, with women and with your own family members, so you don't go through life projecting your own insecurities onto them.

I never suggested there was any ulterior motive. I simply suggested that she is not attracted to me in a physical, sexual way. She didn't try to convince me that she is. It probably never even occurred to her that it matters to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 05:53 PM

I wonder, how would you, women, feel if a guy was interested in you and wanted to date you because you seem like you would make a great wife, but he just didn't think you were hot? He perhaps thought you were alright looking, but you wouldn't make him get all googly eyed the way he would in the presence of a younger girl with more conventionally attractive looks. Would you be fine with that?

Old 09-15-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Newsflash. The purpose of dating is with the intent of finding a mate. It gives you a chance to weed out the winners from the losers.

No, this is not true. People also date just because they enjoy being with someone they're attracted to. I have no interest in finding a long term partner, but I still want to date. Women also date when they aren't looking for anything long term, but they only date guys they are attracted to, which is only a select few. So essentially, unless I'm part of that select few, dating is pointless for me.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell jin View Post
I never suggested there was any ulterior motive.
Yes you did. Read your words.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:05 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,453,798 times
Quote:
I wonder, how would you, women, feel if a guy was interested in you and wanted to date you because you seem like you would make a great wife, but he just didn't think you were hot? He perhaps thought you were alright looking, but you wouldn't make him get all googly eyed the way he would in the presence of a younger girl with more conventionally attractive looks. Would you be fine with that?
You do realize that most women are not in the 'get all googly eyed' level of attractiveness, yet they are mostly either dating or married? Do you think their partners are only with them because they think she would make a good wife but don't find them hot? I could understand your thinking if humans as a species were in danger of extinction. The population continues to mushroom, though.

It seems like your perceived problem is that you were not born to be so attractive that you make ALL females weak in the knees, because nothing less would be fulfilling in your life. You aren't a GQ model. So now what?

Old 09-15-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Well my advice is to pretend like you are looking to get married. Then about a year into the relationship say you cheated. Then she'll break it off from you and then wash and repeat.

It ain't honest but like they said "All's fair in love and war."

With that gal, talk about how you want to settle down and have 2 children and a dog. That'll do the trick!

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
So you want to be promiscuous, but don't have any game? That must be very frustrating. Maybe you need to adjust your expectations somewhat. You say you want the freedom to travel. That could be an opportunity. It's true that some women will settle for a guy they are not attracted to if she's looking primarily for a good provider. Well there are other women who may be willing to pretend to be attracted to you if you are willing to take her on nice vacations with you. This wouldn't need to be a long term arrangement and maybe after a while of doing this you'll become good at spotting women who are likely to be open to that sort of thing. It could be a way of using your draw as a "beta provider type" as a tool for allowing you to be promiscuous, without having to deceive and betray women to do it.

You're joking right? Either that or you're totally missing the point.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:13 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,875,951 times
Quote:
I would like that. Its a genuine compliment to my worth and valuable characteristics, that not everyone has.
I already know about the physical stuff, and work with what I've got.
My eyes are up here.☺

ETA: I just noticed the "younger, conventional good looks" we women disagreeing with you are up against. LOL! So much agenda, so little time...

Old 09-15-2018, 06:18 PM

777 posts, read 453,261 times
Quote:
There's lots of younger and prettier women than me out there.... Yet, my SO chose me for other qualities. Common interests. Compatibility. Lifestyle. Personality. Humor.... etc.

And I don't mind a bit. We're building something lasting and real, not superficial and fake. He seems to find me pretty enough, and I am good with that.

But, maybe the difference is that we're older, with a bit more life and relationship experience, to know what works for us, and what doesn't.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:20 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,478,499 times
Quote:
Isn't that like say most relationships?

Old 09-15-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes you did. Read your words.

"It makes me sort of angry because it feels like it is an attempt to offer me this "counterfeit" attraction and scam me out of the potential to have experiences with girls who are actually attracted to me."

This wasn't referring to something conscious on her on part. It was more referring to how it feels to me when I constantly crave to have a girl show interest in me and then when one does, it's not the type of interest I'm looking for.

It would be stupid to think that she is literally trying to convince me she is attracted to me so that I'll marry her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships