Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 07:49 AM

880 posts, read 532,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
I don't understand WHY people stay in relationships with people like this.I can easily see it as well as something a jealous boyfriend would write as well.People..male and female...when you end up being in a mess like this...get the hell out!!! A relationship is about trust.There is NO trust in this one.Very sad.
Maybe if the h--d is good it would be worth putting up with for a while, but he isnt even allowed to ask for it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 06:53 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
https://www.boredpanda.com/girlfrien...mpaign=organic

Here's a list of rules a girlfriend made for her boyfriend. Did a CD Relationship frequenter pen this? If this is actually for real, I'd be pulling the ripcord awfully fast. Here are the rules in case you can't link to them.

The rules are:

You are NOT to have a single girls phone number
You are NOT to follow them on any social media (including Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter)
You are NOT to hang out with Keegan (including his house or anywhere public)
You are NOT to go to Honda without me
You are NOT to hang out with your friends more than two times a week
You are NOT to look at a single girl
If girls come up to you at any place or anytime you are to WALK away
Mo is to NOT hang out (with) us every time we hang out
You are NOT to ask for h--d
You are NOT to get mad at me about a single thing ever again
You are NOT to bring up Tyler, Noah, Deven, or Josh ever again
You are NOT allowed to drink unless I am with you
I am allowed to do a phone check when EVER I please
If we move in there are NEVER to be girls at our house
If we move in together your friends will RARELY be allowed over
If I catch you around girls I kill you

When I was 19, I actually dated a girl like this. When I saw an old high school friend at the mall and stopped to say hello, my girlfriend just kept walking. I caught up to her long enough to dump her. I had reached my breaking point.
If that list is serious, then yikes!!!!

Old 10-14-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The thing about controlling, abusive guys, is that they're smart enough to not put their rules in writing. And they don't forewarn their partner, that they're going to kill her.
There is the off chance that she might be dealing with a thirsty guy that either won't take her seriously or will tolerate it because of his thirst.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah, I was kind of thinking this sounded like some post-cheating paranoia.

But I don't think you repair broken trust by putting your partner through probation...and for how long, anyhow? How many years does it take before your loved one trusts you again? Do they ever? Can you live with that?

I'm normally a proponent of people finding ways to bridge divides and creative solutions to relationship problems and all, but I've never really seen a relationship fully recover from a cheating incident, unless the wronged party is so open minded that they would have happily consented to an open relationship or something so it's kind of a non-issue. But for most folks? No.

I used to tell my ex, that I actually would not care that much on the face of it if he had sex with someone else. What would bother me would be the sheer hypocrisy of him being so intensely suspicious for years and years, and then doing the very thing he was always so on-edge that he feared I might do. And the moral double standard and such. The notion he could do whatever he wanted and it was fine, even if it wasn't, but I could put in almost 2 decades of perfect fidelity and it would count for nothing with him.

But y'know. In the absence of someone actually being caught cheating, the most paranoid people are usually cheaters themselves. I sometimes wonder if my ex ever did. But I don't really care that much.

Anyhow. This situation? Either one of them should just stick a fork in it. It's done.
That makes a little more sense. Context is king.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:16 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow is right. This horse wouldn't get out of the box for me. If some gal handed me this list I'm afraid after the initial shock wore off I would just fall out in mirth to hard to even get an adios out. Whoever wrote this list is goofier than an outhouse rat.
My reaction would be this;

https://youtu.be/7UwqWdF_aQI

Old 10-14-2018, 08:19 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Maybe if the h--d is good it would be worth putting up with for a while, but he isnt even allowed to ask for it
Yeah, just slap it from side to side as if to hint.

Maybe say it and ask for a spanking too.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:44 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
I would agree to some only and only if she started covering herself head to toe even in the heat of summer at all times.

nah... we wouldn't last. If I can't look at other girls, no one is going to look at her either.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:46 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That makes a little more sense. Context is king.
Absolutely! Unfortunately, things like this are often taken out of context, and circulated around the internet, especially on bro-blogs, to show how nuts women are.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:04 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
This actually happened to me in my mid twenties, and she was maybe a few years younger than me. The list wasn't as extreme as this, but still just having something like this is just beyond ridiculous. This is also the same person I talked about in another thread. I was just so enamored by her at the time that I went along with it. I had never really experienced that type of relationship before. Looking back I still can't believe I just didn't laugh in her face and walk away on the spot, but good learning experience nonetheless.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:20 AM

10,502 posts, read 7,043,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The thing about controlling, abusive guys, is that they're smart enough to not put their rules in writing. And they don't forewarn their partner, that they're going to kill her.

Gotta say it. I think it's really odd that you needed to make this about something else. As if the strangeness of this woman's rules weren't enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships