Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 10:29 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Where/how are you meeting the women you've been dating? How is it that all the women you've chosen to date are "into the college lifestyle"? I ask, because I went through college for 5 years, 2 different schools, and didn't know any women who were into the college lifestyle, if by that, you mean partying. There are plenty of women on your campus who aren't into that, I can guarantee you; you just have to figure out where to find them. They're looking for guys who aren't into the college lifestyle, too. What about the grad students in your own department? Some will be your age.

Aside from that, you can meet women by getting involved in community organizations, activity groups, and events. You might as well start now, because once you graduate, that will be your main option. Check out the community sports groups (neighborhood soccer or volleyball teams, boating, biking or hiking clubs, etc.), hobby groups, or volunteer to help with the annual film festival or street fair, etc. Check out your town's sister city committee, or other civic groups. Take a cooking course in the community, that focusses on an exotic cuisine (Thai, Chinese, French, Italian, whatever).

Why are you even wasting time dating women who don't share your values? Do you not carry on any conversations with them, before you ask them out? You need to start with casual conversation, so you can get to know them enough to know whether they're somewhere in your general ballpark of values or not. Start with a coffee chat after class, or on your lunch break.

IDK, OP, by the time you're a senior (and you've already been a senior once, when you did your fourth year), you're supposed to have figured out how not to waste your time dating people who have little or nothing in common with you. I guarantee that more mature women are there at your school. Some of them probably don't have the flashy good looks that draw the guys like a magnet, or are quiet and studious, not outgoing or vivacious. Some may be working two part-time jobs to afford school, so they may not hang around on campus much, except in the library.

Good luck in your search. Honestly, it sounds like you're in your fifth year of spinning your wheels, socially. Your search methodology hasn't been serving you well. Time to switch gears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 10:44 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
You can meet women at all the same places that you have been meeting them, you just have to meet more of them to increase your chances of finding ones that want a serious relationship.
But at your age, and if you dont want older women, you might have to be suspicious of women your age sewing their wild oats, or trying to suppress their urge to sew oats in order to secure a relationship with you and then change their mind later.
Tough to do at 22.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:19 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liters23 View Post
So here's my situation... I'm a male who's 22, going on 23 soon. I am a 5th year senior in college and I am really trying to find a girl to have a SERIOUS relationship with. Over the last couple years I never really had trouble finding or meeting girls, but it's just been hard to connect on another level with them.

I currently have a great job and am on the verge of obtaining a very high profile job with the state, I own a small business, was a college athlete for 4 years, and am buying a house at the moment. I also always get told I have my "****" together and am very mature. I wouldn't say I am bad looking, I'm not all that tall but that's not the end of the world. I always get told I'm a nice guy too (that's my issue! lol) I grew up fast on a very small dairy farm and have been providing for myself ever since high-school.

Long story short I have been dating women on and off lately, and they all seem to be caught up in the college lifestyle. I am over that so it's hard to really make things work. Along with actually meet girls. In the past I have always been told by the girls I have been with that they are amazed with my maturity, and also how nice and down to earth I am. But then again, I am still single and I'm pretty sure I am the common denominator lol. In the past a former boss told me one day I will marry a girl 10 years older then me, and I always seem to hit it off with young moms (they have to grow up fast). But here's the thing, not to sound rude, but I don't really like women a lot older then me, or the idea of being a dad at my age haha.

I guess, I'm just looking for advice on where you all feel is the best place to find girls who are more mature with life while still in college. Or maybe I am the issue though too? Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!
It's a shame that you weren't in marching band, as so many of my college classmates met their significant others and closest friends through this class/activity. (Most are still together and relatively content.) It gives you an automatic common bond with others; through it you spend so much time together both on and off their field.

The best case scenario for you at this point is to find an activity that you love that tends to have others of a similar age to your own participating in it in decent numbers. Joining ROTC seems to be another way that many of my college classmates met their S.O.s, but that's a whole other level of commitment!

Old 10-15-2018, 02:10 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Target or a Planet Fitness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships