Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 10:24 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Rule number one: do not give a boyfriend money.

Rule number two: if he gives you a sob story, refer to rule number one.

Seriously, he was never into you. He used you, because you were paying for his things. You can't buy your way into a functioning relationship with a man.

Words of great wisdom to live by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 10:39 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
I'm spending time alone with a bunch of friends.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:16 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Maybe he will get an STD.

Grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Sometimes there are poop bombs.

Enjoy your quiet times.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:58 AM

131 posts, read 54,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Maybe he will get an STD.

Grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Sometimes there are poop bombs.

Enjoy your quiet times.
Lol true

Old 10-20-2018, 09:37 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingojut76 View Post
My ex who recently cheated on me. Is having the time of his life with his friends and going out with his new girlfriend.

It really sucks. Most of my friends have kids and mesh well together with other people who have kids.
I am trying to be careful with my money because I have my own house and credit card debt which my ex put me in further debt.

So is there anybody else out there like that too?
I feel for you but now is an opportunity to empower yourself. F your ex and to heck with your friends. Get in the saddle so to say and take ownership of your life. You own a house you have debt so pay it off and get back on track. At the end of the day your ex doesn’t matter and all that matters I’d you feel comfortable in your own skin/life. Don’t worry about going out to feel good about yourself, plenty to do around your home on a Friday or Saturday night.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:17 PM

339 posts, read 148,657 times
In terms of the OP, be grateful you learned early enough not to get serious with him because he was a user. To be fair, you should have not been paying for anything for him. Lesson Learned hopefully. A man should be able to stand on his own two feet period!

Figure out how to get out of debt now with your time. Pick up new interests and hobbies so when friends or family are not available then you can occupy yourself. I like this time because I spend less money when I am alone. Find out ways to make extra money and pay down your debt. Increase your savings!

Get empowered is right. You build confidence and with confidence you attract a better class of people~

Old 10-20-2018, 06:28 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Rule number one: do not give a boyfriend money.

Rule number two: if he gives you a sob story, refer to rule number one.

Seriously, he was never into you. He used you, because you were paying for his things. You can't buy your way into a functioning relationship with a man.
How does that work IRL? I can't even imagine it.

Old 10-21-2018, 03:56 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
How does that work IRL? I can't even imagine it.
How does what work - a woman trying to buy a guy's affection? I know several women who have done this. I am sure this is not a rarity - not a wild feat of imagination in my world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships