Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:45 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
That's way beyond the professional courtesy, and a clear hint.

She is flirting with you and you are killing it by overanalyzing...
Absolutely.

Get out of your own head, beaste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 08:11 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Umm I’d try to asking her to something a bit more personal but personal trainers are paid to be very friendly. In some cases they push it a bit more for extra $$$/clients. Especially a female in that environment knows how to work the crowd to get the extra mohlah.

Go for it but keep your expectations low.
I agree. I always find people who get paid to be nice are way nicer than other people.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:20 AM

553 posts, read 302,604 times
I’m missing what is making you feel like an idiot.

You flirted with her and she flirted back.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:22 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
You complicate things so much....for no reason.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:29 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Obviously. This is what I'm good at.

She put herself out there tonight but I couldn't close the deal. I feel the opportunity will arise again later this week.

Don't want to be embarrassed I guess. I'm usually good at this SMH...
I think you need to MAKE the opportunity. At some point she'll get tired of leaving openings for you that you don't take.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:31 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,697 times
Quote:
I have identified a sticking point in my dating life. There are women I can quickly identify that are into me and they pursue me, but for whatever reason I am less attracted to them or lose interest.

Then there are the ones I am really into and find challenging. Not only that but strongly attracted to. I feel that I should pursue those and this is an example of that.

So I've been talking to a fitness instructor at this specialty gym. I was introduced to her in Sept while doing a class there. We talked a bit and befriended one another. I got her on IG and a few days she follows me back. So every now and then we will have light banter but not so often. In person I find that we have good conversation and she is very friendly towards me. I noticed that she responds to my stories a lot which sparks conversation. She's also been borderline sexual with me, for example when talking about grappling and getting choked she said "That sounds.... kinky '. She has done something similar and creates tension.

My issue with her is that I'm not sure if she is being friendly as a professional courtesy or if she is showing me signs of interest. I recall one time she had to take a kid to the hospital for getting a concussion. She texts me later at night and apologized that our convo was interrupted and she had to go professional mode.

Tonight she saw I was leaving and thanked me for coming, hugged me, etc. She seemed to light up a bit.

I know I'm overthinking this. I will say I feel like she's inclined to get to know me more but again I'm not sure if she's just one of those fitness instructors that is just nice to be nice. She has no reason to be though :shrug:
Yes, you are. Based on your writings, you sound like an intelligent, well-written and "normal" guy. What's not to like about that?

For what it's worth, I do think she has interest in you and is expressing that interest to you in her own way. Relax and enjoy.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:19 AM

785 posts, read 954,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Yes, you are. Based on your writings, you sound like an intelligent, well-written and "normal" guy. What's not to like about that?

For what it's worth, I do think she has interest in you and is expressing that interest to you in her own way. Relax and enjoy.
Thanks! I like to think I'm normal.

Yeah regarding the whole 'paid to be nice' there's really no reason for her to just be nice to me for that lol and I've been around fitness people. It'd be just easier for her to train other women or something instead of trying to honeypot me.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:21 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Thanks! I like to think I'm normal.

Yeah regarding the whole 'paid to be nice' there's really no reason for her to just be nice to me for that lol and I've been around fitness people. It'd be just easier for her to train other women or something instead of trying to honeypot me.
There's a difference between "customer service nice" and the things she's saying to you.

Time to escalate.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:39 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
In theory, you are an adult, she is an adult.

Tell her, "hey I really like you. I am perceiving some mixed messages though and I need to clarify them. Would you be interested in going out on a date with me? I would like to take you out to 'X' restaurant. If we did it on 'Y' evening then we could do to the concert afterward."

Old 11-16-2018, 10:36 AM

587 posts, read 423,957 times
Why do you feel "like an idiot"?

From your writing style, you do seem over analytical and long winded (which can be annoying)

Keep it more light-hearted without thinking there is a reason for every XYZ...just let the dynamic between the two of you develop naturally (or not) but I think you will have the make the more obvious move in this case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships