Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 04:50 PM

785 posts, read 954,365 times

Advertisements

I will keep it simple. I met this one woman and we have had two really good dates together. First date we had a bit of mischief which was partly her fault, funny things happened. Second date I took her to see some Christmas lights and she mentioned that she has never been and thanked me for it!

The second date I ended up having her back at my place making out. Some petting and touching, no sex, even though I alluded to it, but I told her that I didn't want her to get the wrong idea.

So fast forward we're texting and having a little banter. I think I get a little OVER sexual saying that my mind can be "dirty as ****". This wasn't too crazy because I've already told her how sexy I found her and the heavy make out. I joked and stated that I scared her away.

She told me "I'm probably not the girl you're looking for." I think she believes I just want to have sex with her.

So I will say that I asked her previously if she knows what she wants and she says she doesn't. In some cases when I hear this, I feel that I can scare them off by being too serious so I'm just go with the flow, whatever happens happens.

I find her incredibly attractive and I admit I can be overzealous. I told her that. So I sent her a paragraph apologizing and telling her I can be overzealous at times. I acknowledge that we can have a guard up, but I feel truly I can be myself around her. She's working now but I feel maybe I will call her later or...? What ar your thoughts?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 04:54 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,270,060 times
Back off. The next move is hers.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:02 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
You need to chill out.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:07 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
I will keep it simple. I met this one woman and we have had two really good dates together. First date we had a bit of mischief which was partly her fault, funny things happened. Second date I took her to see some Christmas lights and she mentioned that she has never been and thanked me for it!

The second date I ended up having her back at my place making out. Some petting and touching, no sex, even though I alluded to it, but I told her that I didn't want her to get the wrong idea.

So fast forward we're texting and having a little banter. I think I get a little OVER sexual saying that my mind can be "dirty as ****". This wasn't too crazy because I've already told her how sexy I found her and the heavy make out. I joked and stated that I scared her away.

She told me "I'm probably not the girl you're looking for." I think she believes I just want to have sex with her.

So I will say that I asked her previously if she knows what she wants and she says she doesn't. In some cases when I hear this, I feel that I can scare them off by being too serious so I'm just go with the flow, whatever happens happens.

I find her incredibly attractive and I admit I can be overzealous. I told her that. So I sent her a paragraph apologizing and telling her I can be overzealous at times. I acknowledge that we can have a guard up, but I feel truly I can be myself around her. She's working now but I feel maybe I will call her later or...? What ar your thoughts?!
Sounds like she is making an exit. There are others Beaste. Once a woman has made up her mind that she's moving away from you, that's your cue to exit stage left.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:10 PM

785 posts, read 954,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Sounds like she is making an exit. There are others Beaste. Once a woman has made up her mind that she's moving away from you, that's your cue to exit stage left.
This was pretty quick though given that she was messaging me. I think I just said something off putting and need to back off a bit.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:11 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,636 times
Give her time to respond and wait.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:57 PM

4,668 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post

You're a man -- how on God's green earth is sex "the wrong idea?" She was probably thinking, why doesn't this guy take what he wants?

Old 12-18-2018, 06:04 PM

323 posts, read 219,334 times
The ball is in her court. You already did your part by apologizing...so don't do it again and just chill, as others have said. She already started backing away, maybe thinking thats all you want; so don't keep making her think that. So just don't act like that abymore. Just play it cool, have fun!! Trust me, nothing good comes from rushing.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:10 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
You're a man -- how on God's green earth is sex "the wrong idea?" She was probably thinking, why doesn't this guy take what he wants?
Ummmmm, no.

Did you not read where she texted "I'm probably not the girl you're looking for."?????

I do not understand why guys do this...most women do not find that "sexy" especially after 2 dates. Shudder.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:17 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
LOL paragraphs and words are near meaningless but actions actually have meaning.

You might have scared her a bit and given off the wrong vibe which will might have forked any chance you may have had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships