Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 10:10 AM

882 posts, read 688,747 times

Advertisements

Why would you bother voting for either political party?

Yep, I already knew the implications of Obamacare and how it was going to screw over Middle Class families that weren't subsidized. I was stupid enough to think the Republicans would take care of it after they were awarded the House, Senate, and Presidency, but nope, apparently they played me for a sucker. And now, it looks like any ability my family had to itemized taxes is going by the waist side with the inability to write off state, local, and possibly property taxes. Not to mention, forcing everyone into after tax 401k savings beyond $2400 so the ability to reduce taxable income is negated. Well, Happy Happy Joy Joy.

WTF?!!!

And here I was thinking the Obama Administration was a clusterfk. Oh, I can't wait to see how much more we'll be paying in taxes in 2018. And please don't waste my time even commenting in this thread if you don't have a good knowledge of math or taxes (because you are going to be eaten alive with your Red team/Blue team BS). This is absolute BS!!!

And unless you know of something I haven't read so far, your itemized deductions for a married couples are going to need to exceed $24k or you'll just be taking the standard deduction. And without state, local, and possibly property taxes, most Middle Class people in High COL areas are not going to be able to take the deductions they were taking. In addition, if you were able to sock away $20k+ into a 401k like we were, well now over $18k+ is going to taxable income. And yeah, I know you won't pay that when you retire. BFD. Your taxable income should be substantially less at that point any way. But by all means, I'm more than willing to hear any explanations on how this new tax plan is not going to increase taxes on families like mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 10:27 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Another person who wants services, roads, police but doesn’t want to pay for them

Old 11-01-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Another person who wants services, roads, police but doesn’t want to pay for them
Not an answer to the question. I'm not interested in your editorial comments.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:51 AM

27 posts, read 42,550 times
Of course its going to increase your taxes. That's the idea. Your family and all the other poor and middle class get to pay the taxes for my family. Thanks sucker. You voted for it.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLPIFCO View Post
Of course its going to increase your taxes. That's the idea. Your family and all the other poor and middle class get to pay the taxes for my family. Thanks sucker. You voted for it.
Nope, voted for nothing of the sort. Again, if anyone has a comment that addresses the post, feel free. You can save the troll responses and stupid assumptions on how I voted. Unlike some of the stupid trolls on this forum with a herd mentality, my allegiance is not to any specific party but rather the Middle Class in high cost of living areas...period.

Last edited by Independentthinking; 11-01-2017 at 11:14 AM..

Old 11-01-2017, 11:09 AM

27 posts, read 42,550 times
Stupid is as stupid does.

Quote from your post:
I was stupid enough to think the Republicans would take care of it after they were awarded the House, Senate, and Presidency, but nope, apparently they played me for a sucker.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:14 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
that's the reason there should be constitutional amendment to change the composition of the senate and electoral college to reflect the population of each state.

CA can vote all they want for Democrats when a state like Wyoming with a population of just a more 500k can send 2 senators while CA with 40m can only send the same number of senators in Congress while paying its share of 40/320 + of federal budget.

anyway you look at it, its not fair. OC alone generate more economic activity than several states and yet we have to share that 2 senators with rest of CA

Old 11-01-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLPIFCO View Post
Stupid is as stupid does.

Quote from your post:
I was stupid enough to think the Republicans would take care of it after they were awarded the House, Senate, and Presidency, but nope, apparently they played me for a sucker.
Interesting, please show me where it says I voted for Republicans

Old 11-01-2017, 11:46 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
I'm not saying either side is exempt from blame for the horrific healthcare situation in America today, but, let's be clear. The Dems, led by Pelosi/Reed, shoved 'Obamacare' down the throat of the American public, with no rational plan to pay for it ... and no input from the Reps. Now, the Dems are frantically looking for a way to hand the entire hot-mess off to the Reps, so they can wash their hands of it ... while claiming that any and all subsequent problems belong to the Reps. Meanwhile, the Reps, not wanting to get painted into a corner, are pushing back.

Sadly, this is very much a political football. It has very little to do with healthcare and everything to do with pandering for votes from a large block of voters who pay little in taxes and whose ACA coverage is largely subsidized by those who do. In the process, a lot of middle class voters are caught in the middle.

While the "blame game" doesn't solve anything, claiming both parties are equally culpable for creating the ACA problem; and now the Reps. are the 'bad guys' for not fixing it with a free healthcare replacement program, is a false narrative. This is largely why the failed Obamacare program has not been completely scrapped! The minute any plan requires that everyone has some skin in the game (including a large segment who otherwise pay nothing for healthcare), the Dems and biased media scream that 'the poor people are being robbed by the wealthy!'

-- The same false narrative is blocking a reasonable tax-reform plan.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
I'm not saying either side is exempt from blame for the horrific healthcare situation in America today, but, let's be clear. The Dems, led by Pelosi/Reed, shoved 'Obamacare' down the throat of the American public, with no rational plan to pay for it ... and no input from the Reps. Now, the Dems are frantically looking for a way to hand the entire hot-mess off to the Reps, so they can wash their hands of it ... while claiming that any and all subsequent problems belong to the Reps. Meanwhile, the Reps, not wanting to get painted into a corner, are pushing back.

Sadly, this is very much a political football. It has very little to do with healthcare and everything to do with pandering for votes from a large block of voters who pay little in taxes and whose ACA coverage is largely subsidized by those who do. In the process, a lot of middle class voters are caught in the middle.

While the "blame game" doesn't solve anything, claiming both parties are equally culpable for creating the ACA problem; and now the Reps. are the 'bad guys' for not fixing it with a free healthcare replacement program, is a false narrative. This is largely why the failed Obamacare program has not been completely scrapped! The minute any plan requires that everyone has some skin in the game (including a large segment who otherwise pay nothing for healthcare), the Dems and biased media scream that 'the poor people are being robbed by the wealthy!'

-- The same false narrative is blocking a reasonable tax-reform plan.
All I can say is I'm tired of this stupid blind allegiance to political parties. Both sides screw the Middle Class every chance they get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies