Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 09:05 AM

25 posts, read 17,288 times

Advertisements

Hi there, I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year now, he is awesome, treats me like a princess, (him and I met in January 2018,) but in early 2017, he started going out and getting to know this other girl which was in his day to day work environment, according to him she was very successful in her management job, so she flirted with him, and with other guys as well, she was very flirtatious in general according to my boyfriend, and it seemed like she liked him.This girl was going through a rough time, her boyfriend had dumped her for another woman, who happened to be none other than back for his ex.

So my boyfriend liked her a lot, his feelings were developing rather quickly for this girl, than her feelings for him. So they went out a couple of times, but it didn’t work out, he did not like her way, he said, she was too insecure, indecisive, voluble, I guess that due to the fact that her boyfriend had dumped her for another woman,she was not emotionally well at that particular moment and perhaps was checking for other possible options.

He has mentioned her to me a couple of times, but then I got mad, cause why the need to mention her more that twice , so I told him To not mention her anymore, so yeah perfect, until the other day he says: I am very happy with you I am glad god put you in my way, I remember thinking it was this other girl (referring to her of course) honestly it would have never worked with her and I and all her drama, acting like she is the diva with all these men after her, she was a good person, hard worker, great job, but I just did not see her click with me.While he was telling me this his face was like if he was thinking a lot, like lost in the horizon.

So now, I happen to have a friend, who knows a guy that does helicopter tours all around where we live, and my friend happens to be this helicopter guy friend, and she showed me pictures of his Instagram, where he shows his helicopter pictures, basically his work, and guess what, this woman that my boyfriend went out with is On some pictures with this guy, and I had obviously seen her pictures before, so I recognized her immediately. And well I explained to my friend that I knew this girl in the picture, cause my boyfriend had gone out with her a couple of times in 2017.

So my friend replied:”oh really!!, her name is so and so and that’s his girlfriend since 2017, I was in shock!!! I was like how can this be if she and my bf were getting to know each other by that time!!. Now I understand, why maybe she was not so much into my boyfriend, I believe and have a theory that my boyfriend was a rebound for her, she got playful at the beginning, cause her boyfriend had dumped her, she needed attention plus a shoulder to cry, have a little fun and move on.

I would like to tell all of this to my boyfriend just to see how he reacts, if he has had real CLOSURE or not, cause I feel as if he had this woman on a pedestal by the way he has talked to me about her, maybe he just idealized her too much, and since she was (according to him)all the guys eye candy, he got infatuated with her, it’s like all the guys wanted her and he was the one that actually got a chance to go out with her a couple of times, cause some of her coworkers told him she “liked him”, so this is how it all started and then all of his male coworkers got mad at him, cause he was the lucky one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 09:12 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Yeah, you should tell him because it really doesn’t sound like he is your boyfriend.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:12 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,289,909 times
You are being petty. Grow up.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:16 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yeah, you should tell him because it really doesn’t sound like he is your boyfriend.
Right, have you had the exclusivity talk with this guy, or does he think you're keeping it casual and just having fun?

Old 01-27-2019, 09:17 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,985,518 times
Why? Why? Why?

Stop playing games. If you are happy with your boyfriend and he treats you like a princess, why do you want to cause problems? I just don't get it. Just leave it alone and concentrate on your relationship. It could stir up all kinds of issues. Do you trust him? It doesn't sound like it because you want to test him. Sometimes people just never get over someone, but they accept things didn't work out and move on.

What do you hope to accomplish? If he reacts poorly, then what?

Old 01-27-2019, 11:14 AM

155 posts, read 119,148 times
Honestly I would just leave well enough alone.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:37 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
Just let it die, she is no longer relevant for discussion per your own request. Follow your own advice!

Old 01-27-2019, 11:40 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
You told him to stop bringing her up. Shouldn't this apply to you as well? This ex-girlfriend is in the past; leave her there.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:42 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
You told him to stop bringing her up. Shouldn't this apply to you as well? This ex-girlfriend is in the past; leave her there.
Apparently the OP started a thread about her back in August, too, so this really isn't getting anywhere.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:00 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,353,101 times
Sometimes I wish foul language was acceptable on CD.

Find a BF that has never dated anyone else and is a 40 year old virgin or learn to live with the fact that most people have dated others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships