Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 12:56 AM

9 posts, read 7,504 times

Advertisements

I had a relation on the internet with a man for a 7 months and it was fine and finally met in person for the first time.
He seemed really interested and hugged and kissed so much, we talked about future meetings and he wouldn't let me go at the train station. He called me his wife on the phone to his friends.

Now we are back to text only and he is on vacation overseas and he has become somewhat unresponsive. He will respond to texts requiring answer but won't open texts responses that i send and hasn't asked how I'm doing in the entire week since we met.

Is he ghosting or is this some type of cold feet. I feel i should just do nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 02:48 AM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Call him.

The overseas vacation sounds like BS to me.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:32 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Ghosting is when you never hear from them again.
Losing interest sounds more like it...or...you're attaching too much importance to a one week old relationship (On line doesn't really count against an in person meeting)

Old 01-02-2019, 08:57 AM

880 posts, read 531,268 times
how often did you chat before? are you expecting more now that you've met?

Old 01-02-2019, 09:03 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveharman View Post
I had a relation on the internet with a man for a 7 months and it was fine and finally met in person for the first time.
He seemed really interested and hugged and kissed so much, we talked about future meetings and he wouldn't let me go at the train station. He called me his wife on the phone to his friends.

Now we are back to text only and he is on vacation overseas and he has become somewhat unresponsive. He will respond to texts requiring answer but won't open texts responses that i send and hasn't asked how I'm doing in the entire week since we met.

Is he ghosting or is this some type of cold feet. I feel i should just do nothing.

[b] He called me his wife on the phone to his friends. ..now that right there is weird and you should just move on and NOT move so fast with someone that you don't know well...also someone who calls you his 'wife' to his friends.That's not cute...that's weird.
Do nothing and move on.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:12 AM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
What is wrong with just asking? Send him a text -- are you ghosting me? I just need to know so I don't keep bothering you texts that you don't want.

That way you get to the point, and you don't sound needy, which is also important.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:43 AM

9 posts, read 7,504 times
We chatted 7 months and everything went so well, he didn't want to let me go but now he is acting weird. First text he didn't reply so I asked him if he is ok and he said he had a headache, I reply and he didn't open that text until I sent another a few days later showing a picture of family in which he sent heart emojis and said beautiful and happy new years. I replied Happy New Years and he didn't open the text again. Its really weird and I hate to reach out again when he doesn't open the texts

Old 01-02-2019, 11:48 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
He's a guy you met once that is on vacation. That's it. Leave him alone.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:49 AM

4,087 posts, read 2,557,060 times
Is this another overseas, mostly online relationship for you?

Old 01-02-2019, 11:54 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,307,468 times
He ghosted you. Get on with your life. A relationship continues no matter where you are. He realized (and you did too - now he's acting weird) that things fizzled and they are now dying. If he comes back, its to put you in second place (something has stolen his attention already). He spoke and moved impetuously. He's emotionally wet/soppy and is leaving a mess behind. You don't act like he did and not follow up. Listen to your gut. It told you something (yes, it is even working now and it had nothing to respond to with him previously - you dodged a bullet).

The good part is you didn't get closer. The good part is you are still in a good frame. You can continue somewhere else with someone else. People flake on a timeline. He chose later than sooner but reacted after you met. These are messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships