Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:09 AM

20,417 posts, read 14,717,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
If you’re kinky and you know it clap your hands. Clap clap...
Yeah, there was a meme for that.

https://pics.me.me/if-youre-kinky-an...h-25688116.png

And variations thereof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 11:22 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,406,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This has generally been my hesitancy. I'm not conservative (in any way shape or form, seems like such an exhausting waste and often tied to judeo Christian culture/sex is private-bad thiniing), but I found lots of the people in the "community" to be more interested in their kink and having it fulfilled, than they are about connecting with another person. I understand how people can be like that, but its not how I operate.

Gladly, I've met more people over the years that really operate well outside this "I must meet this need" mentality and just go with the flow from the connection. I'm a pretty simple fellow though, thankfully. I would not feel fortunate to have extreme needs in this regard.
I feel the same way. I think people who "must have" a certain kind of sexual act have issues, that's just my opinion. I think they probably place too much emphasis on the sexual aspect of their lives. I can't connect with people like that, and have nothing in common with them.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:27 AM

14,262 posts, read 14,787,600 times
Pris

Must have and maybe try something different occasionally are two different things. Sometimes one gets tired of vanilla.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:29 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,466,758 times
One would think if you feel you have a “kink” or something outside of what may be considered ordinary to others you would bring it up sooner rather than later to avoid conflict within the relationship.
If your kink is sexual in nature it should be discussed/addressed when your intention are to enter in to a sexual relationship with someone.

It’s just like anything else in relating to one another.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:21 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,717,794 times
*shrug*

How important is it, to the individual? That's the big question. I think that if there is ANY aspect of your life that is very important to you, then getting it out of the way pretty early is a good call. If you're online, put that info right out there, so people can decide if you're a good fit. Otherwise, I'd say within the first 2 dates or so.

I mean, being "kinky" can mean a variety of things. For me, it's huge because it's not just bedroom activities, I'm involved right up to my eyeballs in my local community, I'm at the club, often volunteering or being manager on duty for parties or facilitating discussion groups, usually at least 2-3 times a week if not more. Most of my friends are kinksters. Anyone trying to date me must be a good fit in that regard, or be shut out of one of the biggest pieces of my world. For some people it might be a cute little bedroom quirk, for others it is a LIFESTYLE... It's as significant as having a job that makes you work lots of overtime or do lots of travel, or having a major health condition that frequently impacts your life. Nevermind the fact that since I have a partner that I've no intention of breaking up with, they'd also have to be down with polyamory... So not disclosing all of this up front would be seriously disingenuous of me.

I realized something the other day that I thought was kind of funny. I'm not hugely invested in my gender. Like I was born female and identify as female but it's mainly because I'm lazy, I just don't really care. Being a womanly woman doesn't matter to me very much. Orientation? Meh, whatever. I could love anybody. Relationship style? I can be happy with monogamy; I can be happy with polyamory. Whatever I've got time for, I guess. *shrug* But for me, kink is non-negotiable and vanilla is NOT an option. EDIT: It's not always about what kind of sex or sex acts I need either, it's more about a mindset.

I personally figure that everybody can work out what matters to them and what doesn't, what is meaningful to their identity and what's not. Anybody that doesn't like it, well, yanno, no one HAS to date me anyhow, not like it's a struggle that holds me back or anything. Which is what I always circle back to in talking about people having whatever dating preferences they've got. Like what you like, you'll know it's a problem if you struggle hard enough to find ANYONE that you are willing to date who will also date you. Then you can adjust yourself or adjust your standards, or just learn to love being single.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:16 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,799,966 times
I've always thought of myself as somewhat kinky, but compared to many on here I guess I'm not. I have gone to nude beaches with my ex-wife and enjoyed that. Always been pretty open sexually, but I don't have really any fetishes. Definitely not into BDSM. Maybe that makes me the dreaded "normal"? To answer the question, I've never had an in depth conversation about it, just took chances and tried things and didn't get rejected.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:16 PM

999 posts, read 555,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
Pretty much anything you imagine - there's at least a 100 other human beings into it. Don't sweat it. Like sucking someone's toes? There's others who apparently like that. Wanna dress up as a furry animal for the event? There's others that like that. Really, there's always others on the same wavelength, however whacky.
Way more than 100... thousands at least if not more for just about any kink you can imagine. Even the really weird ones.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:24 PM

9,380 posts, read 6,999,996 times
What is plain vanilla to some is fire hot Sricha to others. I guess it’s all relative to what you are into and what you’re willing to try.

Chains, whips, bondage due nothing for me and are almost repulsive. However there are a few things that are extremely motivating for me.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,974,036 times
What point in a relationship? Hmm. I think a person should just playful find a whip in a store and pick it up and say to your partner, ‘Have you been bad?” Then a playful slap on your hand should allow them to respond.

That’s how I would approach it. Sitting down and discussing it like balancing a check book doesn’t work for me.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:51 AM

260 posts, read 129,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I dunno...maybe it is only semantics but it seems that once someone calls something "a kink" then it is incorporated a lot. And once it is then sex starts to feel like it's all all about the kink and not about me as a person. So I guess I don't know how low profile a kink can be and then if it is not met with some frequency they'll go elsewhere for it. I'm sure SSpork will weigh in with something helpful.
I'd want to know as soon as possible. If he thinks kink is more important than getting the relationship off the ground or if it becomes all about the kink, it's not the start of anything good. I'm all for kink if it gets introduced later on as something we decide to do but not because the other person has to have it. If it's a requirement, please tell me now so I can get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships