Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 12:37 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I dunno...maybe it is only semantics but it seems that once someone calls something "a kink" then it is incorporated a lot. And once it is then sex starts to feel like it's all all about the kink and not about me as a person. So I guess I don't know how low profile a kink can be and then if it is not met with some frequency they'll go elsewhere for it. I'm sure SSpork will weigh in with something helpful.
I don't know. Maybe what I like doesn't rise to that level. There are things I like, but I don't have to do them all the time, or even that often
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 12:39 PM

78 posts, read 55,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Define "kinky"
Just a little outside the norm what ever normal is.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:46 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTraveller View Post
I think with the more openness of the internet and about subjects like this, "kinky" maybe should be listed as "Married, Saturday night , lights out and Missionary position only"

Old 01-06-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If it's something you really can't do without, mention it as soon as the topic of sex comes up even if you have to allude to it some way.
I would gather many couples do have onesided non-negotiables which they can either work around or even discuss after the relationship is better established.

But if something is "Never, no way" or "I absolutely need" then sooner than later.
That's what I have always done. I was thinking that now that I am older I will meet people more set in there ways. Lucky that my kink is easy and I don't need it all the time. Lots of stuff out there I would not want any part of.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:

You should probably just cut to the chase and say what you are "into" so you get right to it or move on.

BTW, all of your posts come across like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hvP...PH0kc6&index=1

Old 01-06-2019, 12:58 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
That's what I have always done. I was thinking that now that I am older I will meet people more set in there ways. Lucky that my kink is easy and I don't need it all the time. Lots of stuff out there I would not want any part of.
One big mistake is coming on a forum like this which will just subject you to people who have different ideas than you do.
From everything you've posted, I can tell you that you'd love my feet.
Problem is, you'd more likely than not , not want anything else about me.
These are the nuances that don't get explored.
Do your thing, like what you like and dismiss the rest

Old 01-06-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
One big mistake is coming on a forum like this which will just subject you to people who have different ideas than you do.
From everything you've posted, I can tell you that you'd love my feet.
Problem is, you'd more likely than not , not want anything else about me.
These are the nuances that don't get explored.
Do your thing, like what you like and dismiss the rest
Post a picture of those feet! That would be fun, but yes I keep posting questions I already know that answer to just to make sure. This is tough business this dating and trying to find someone compatible. You might like how I look but would not like my antics !!

I should do one more thread on what to write on a dating site. I have no idea how to do those or how to even suggest a meeting if I do get a reply or any of it. I have never done it but its time because my daily travels I don't get to meet anyone. Every girlfriend I ever had was from school, friends friends at parties or co workers. I have gone to a bar with the intention of finding someone at least 100 times but never met a person at bar ever. I quit that, its stupid.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:42 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
After you've done it several times in more conventional ways.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:35 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I find that it's really not necessary to talk nuts and bolts to gauge a person's 'adventurousness.' If you know what to look for, you can conclude whether someone is open minded in the bedroom from the person's demeanor and behavior. Heck, even just from watching what flavor of ice cream they pick, or are willing to try.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:44 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,044 times
Quote:
Or how do you talk about it ? This is sooo awkward !

I like playing tie up, sure its pretty much mainstream now but I feel totally awkward typing this in even with the anonymity of the internet. I was very lucky that past partners were into it too, in fact with one we used to always argue about whos turn it was.

We are supposed to keep it PG 13 lets try, the topic is about telling a partner your kinks and how to go about it cause I think its important cause the relationship won't work if one person wants to engage in activity and the other doesn't that will just lead to resentments.

Why talk?

Just do it and see how they respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships