Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:47 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,209,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
Again, never said that. You must be confusing me with someone.
Sorry.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:48 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,319,820 times
Men complain about it, and women complain about it. This isn't gender specific.

I pretty much had an "If it happens, it happens" attitude about it. I wasn't going out of my way to meet women and somehow still met them. It is what it is.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:51 AM

20,417 posts, read 14,722,379 times
I don't think I complained exactly about dating, just...I felt it was pretty ridiculous and it amused me to have funny stories to tell about the whole endeavor.

But a thought occurred to me this morning. I often tell men to take a "no" with good grace. Not to take it too personally, not to harass anyone, not to get argumentative. Don't demand reasons, especially so that you can argue with them. All that stuff. But, as I love to do, flip that coin though. Even though society might sorta frown upon women admitting we want a man sexually or pursuing him that way...some of us have essentially told society where they can stick that, and gone ahead and pursued what we wanted. In the cases where a woman has wanted to have sex with a man, and he has said "no"...do we take it well? Do we refrain from taking it personally, do we refrain from any insults, demands for reasons, arguments? Do we manage to not get salty about that rejection? Whether it's a man we've been with already or one we have not?

Because I have to admit, in those few instances where I've come on strong and a guy has not been into it, or has wanted to stop our interaction sooner than I wanted to, I have not always behaved well. I have overthought the possible reasons, played armchair psychologist on the dude when I had no right, when I was a teenager I even harassed a couple of dudes. And I've seen other women react even worse, insulting a guy or letting it completely wreck her self esteem. And I also wonder, how many times have men given in to sex with women when they really weren't feelin' it, just because society told them they were always supposed to be ready to go?

Honestly, sure, men might complain more in big, sweeping generalizations, especially online. But sometimes I wonder if they don't perhaps have plenty of legit things to complain about? You know, maybe they do. Oddly though, some of the things I think are justifiable to complain about, aren't the most common complaints I actually hear.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:52 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,737,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
You people are so quick to jump to conclusions, its not even funny. Aurelia, where did I say I did not accept it??? I may not agree internally, but I respect it and let others decide for themselves.

Also, see post #24.
Ummm not agreeing internally is not really accepting it though. JMO. But that's for you to deal with. I was just calling it for what I perceived to be. You don't have agree.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:26 AM

651 posts, read 408,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Ummm not agreeing internally is not really accepting it though. JMO. But that's for you to deal with. I was just calling it for what I perceived to be. You don't have agree.
Agreeing and accepting do not necessarily go hand in hand. But I understand what you are trying to say..

If I was agreeing with everything people think of me then I would be a spineless sap like so many of my peers

Old 01-17-2019, 10:49 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,132,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
It seems most posts that complain about the dating scene and lack of dates come from men..Do you think Men just complain more then women or have things changed in the dating scene especially with old and social media that has given women more options and made them more shallow and picky then before?

Or is the truth somewhere in the middle?
There is an observation in retail.... at some point, too many options actually reduces the chances of a sale.

I think OLD and social media has given women too many options... but not necessarily more shallow. Keep in mind that women end up having to try harder to stand out among a sea of people.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:02 AM

574 posts, read 378,270 times
I am getting close I think. I signed up for the free part of Batch and Out of time. I get sent matches every day. And each day they are less of a match and farther away. I can't believe there are not more in the SeaTac area. Also I get matches based on some secret algorithm from e-karma me. Thing is they are all blurred cause I did not send money. Strange how they seem to find a dozen perfect matches every day.

I don't have much to complain about since I haven't even started. I figure I will also sign up for all the free sites. Between 3-4 sites there might be someone who is desperate, partially blind, and has a thing for geezers!

Likely next week I will get more serious. I am waiting for sun next week for a couple of outdoor pictures. Due to circumstances I have zero pictures of me less than 5 years old. I bought a camera I can operate remotely so I can take dozens of the same pic until I get one I like. I got some ideas that might help a little bit to get noticed. If it works I will spill the beans.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:11 PM

2,066 posts, read 903,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Keep in mind that women end up having to try harder to stand out among a sea of people.

Isn't it really quite the opposite - MEN have to stand out in a sea of people ?

A passably cute woman gets over a dozen contacts a day (girl friends of mine have shown me their inboxes) ... if she doesn't log in for a few days her inbox is overflowing. As she scrolls down through her messages, it is the man who has to grab her attention or be lost in a sea of white noise, and skimmed past or deleted, unread.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:04 PM

52,348 posts, read 52,808,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
It seems most posts that complain about the dating scene and lack of dates come from men..Do you think Men just complain more then women or have things changed in the dating scene especially with old and social media that has given women more options and made them more shallow and picky then before?

Or is the truth somewhere in the middle?
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, as most things in life tend to be.

From what I've seen is that it seems like men complain about not getting any thing going, and women seem to complain more about not getting good quality matches.

Just loosely speaking here.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:38 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,109,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I don't think I complained exactly about dating, just...I felt it was pretty ridiculous and it amused me to have funny stories to tell about the whole endeavor.

But a thought occurred to me this morning. I often tell men to take a "no" with good grace. Not to take it too personally, not to harass anyone, not to get argumentative. Don't demand reasons, especially so that you can argue with them. All that stuff. But, as I love to do, flip that coin though. Even though society might sorta frown upon women admitting we want a man sexually or pursuing him that way...some of us have essentially told society where they can stick that, and gone ahead and pursued what we wanted. In the cases where a woman has wanted to have sex with a man, and he has said "no"...do we take it well? Do we refrain from taking it personally, do we refrain from any insults, demands for reasons, arguments? Do we manage to not get salty about that rejection? Whether it's a man we've been with already or one we have not?

Because I have to admit, in those few instances where I've come on strong and a guy has not been into it, or has wanted to stop our interaction sooner than I wanted to, I have not always behaved well. I have overthought the possible reasons, played armchair psychologist on the dude when I had no right, when I was a teenager I even harassed a couple of dudes. And I've seen other women react even worse, insulting a guy or letting it completely wreck her self esteem. And I also wonder, how many times have men given in to sex with women when they really weren't feelin' it, just because society told them they were always supposed to be ready to go?

Honestly, sure, men might complain more in big, sweeping generalizations, especially online. But sometimes I wonder if they don't perhaps have plenty of legit things to complain about? You know, maybe they do. Oddly though, some of the things I think are justifiable to complain about, aren't the most common complaints I actually hear.
What would be justifiable complaints for men in your opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships