Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 11:40 PM

11 posts, read 3,546 times

Advertisements

A little background: We met a little over a year ago through my mothers boyfriend (one of his best childhood friends). He works the night shift of a full time job, has full custody of a 15 year old with my moms boyfriend’s sister. He has a reputation of not commiting and being a typical bachelor/ *******. He constantly warns me he is a dead end road and at some point this will end.. Why is he constantly saying this and not just go with the flow? He always hides the women hi brings over, but with me he is totally open to having his son see me there. I typically come over when his son has a sleep over and will see his soon when he come home in the morning while me and his father are conversation over coffee in the kitchen. This morining was different. His son came home early while him and I were still sleeping. his father didnt have any concern of his son walking in the room and seeing me in bed. didnt try to sneak me out at all. and his son did come into the room twice and saw me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 01:11 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpxoxaqua View Post
A little background: We met a little over a year ago through my mothers boyfriend (one of his best childhood friends). He works the night shift of a full time job, has full custody of a 15 year old with my moms boyfriend’s sister. He has a reputation of not commiting and being a typical bachelor/ *******. He constantly warns me he is a dead end road and at some point this will end.. Why is he constantly saying this and not just go with the flow? He always hides the women hi brings over, but with me he is totally open to having his son see me there. I typically come over when his son has a sleep over and will see his soon when he come home in the morning while me and his father are conversation over coffee in the kitchen. This morining was different. His son came home early while him and I were still sleeping. his father didnt have any concern of his son walking in the room and seeing me in bed. didnt try to sneak me out at all. and his son did come into the room twice and saw me.
He's letting you know not to expect anything more from him. You should believe him.

Is he still sneaking other women in for sex when you're not there? If so, I wouldn't read too much into why he's fine with his son seeing the two of you in bed together. Sounds more like laziness on his part.

See him for who he is and not for what you want him to be.

Old 05-27-2019, 01:50 AM

61,719 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpxoxaqua View Post
I typically come over when his son has a sleep over and will see his soon when he come home in the morning while me and his father are conversation over coffee in the kitchen. This morining was different. His son came home early while him and I were still sleeping. his father didnt have any concern of his son walking in the room and seeing me in bed. didnt try to sneak me out at all. and his son did come into the room twice and saw me.
Seriously? A 15 year old kid walks into a bedroom where you and your BF sleeps? Doesn't he know better than that? Are YOU o.k. with that?

Looks like a strange woman sleeping with his father bed isn't anything new and causes no reaction anymore. He probably saw it often enough and it doesn't matter anymore.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:05 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
At least the 15 years old didn’t say, ‘I thought your girlfriend had blond hair?”

I agree, boundaries kid!

OP, he feels comfortable enough with you to just flat out tell you he’s not in it to win it.

How you know he’s hiding women is beyond me.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:11 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,547 times
When in a relationship, listen to what is said, and watch what is done. If he is saying "dead end road" that is what he means. If that is not what you want, move on, the road will end, just like he told you.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:28 AM

818 posts, read 456,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Seriously? A 15 year old kid walks into a bedroom where you and your BF sleeps? Doesn't he know better than that? Are YOU o.k. with that?

Looks like a strange woman sleeping with his father bed isn't anything new and causes no reaction anymore. He probably saw it often enough and it doesn't matter anymore.

Yep first thing had me cringing too. And to know it's a dead end yet still do it, someone get me a gun.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:13 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Yuck.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:23 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
The son thing is weird. Don't imagine that it means that this isn't a dead end with you. Believe what he says.

I still can't get over the fact that you and your mother are dating "besties" though. Do you double date with your mother?

Old 05-27-2019, 01:36 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
You can probably do better.

Old 05-27-2019, 01:44 PM

61,719 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
You can probably do better.
Probably not. She sounds desperate and delusional.
Guy "has a reputation of not committing and being a typical bachelor. He constantly warns her he is a dead end road and at some point this will end"... and she is still clinging to it....
He doesn't want a relationship. What for if he is getting free sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships