Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 03:41 AM

7 posts, read 2,938 times

Advertisements

I’m sorry for the long post btw guys, and thanks for the feedback it really helped.

I know I came off as needy And clingy and I keep beating myself up about it as it’s over and the past is the past. Well we both were to each other her in the beginning and me at the end.

I kept hitting her up, because she told me earlier we weren’t hanging out because I was never texting or talking to her. Also she would tell me she hated when I assumed stuff, like if I assumed that she wanted nothing to do with me or she wanted me to leave her alone and I was bothering her. so I was just trying to follow her directions (Saying to hit her up more, text her after class, we’ll hang out in a week etc.). I was just confused, and inexperienced

When someone ghosts me I automatically have zero respect. It creates a great deal of anxiety for me and I act out violently. In this case I even was trying to just talk about it with her, because I just didn’t know what I was doing was wrong at the time. I know I let my emotions get the best of me, but I was done playing her mind games. That’s why I just went off on her text bomb, because I was just done and didn’t wanna be with someone who was treating me like dirt. Even after all that I just left her alone for a month and just thought it was over. What do you guys think? Actions speak louder than words that for one thing I learned from this.

Last edited by Wrecked85; 06-13-2019 at 03:53 AM..

Old 06-13-2019, 03:59 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Janes, college kids don’t set dates like pick-up artists do.

They hang out until they accidentally have sex, and after that they text constantly until the next time.

Stop all this copy and paste BS.
Hahaha! That’s what I was thinking.

I’m sure James has never talked to a teenager before. He won’t read that. Too many words and letters in words. Plus as you are talking you look up and they are laughing and texting someone else claiming they are listening.

Spot on about too immature for dating.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
Setting dates is PUA?
... to a college kid.

Please don’t be pedantic. I already read this long-*** post. I don’t want to have to diagram my sentences as well.

How about this ... “college students don’t set dates in the manner of pick-up artists.”

Better?

Old 06-13-2019, 09:46 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked85 View Post

When someone ghosts me I automatically have zero respect. It creates a great deal of anxiety for me and I act out violently.
You seem unstable and dangerous to others.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:52 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So to summarize, after a month of hanging out, she started losing interest, you got mad and told her friends she was psycho, she gets mad and then she ghosts you.

She said herself she "barely knows you." She gave you every signal that there was no relationship, but you continued to harass her anyway.

I think you need to examine your conduct a little more closely.
Thank you!

I would not read the full original post in a million years.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:54 AM

1,593 posts, read 776,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
... to a college kid.

Please don’t be pedantic. I already read this long-*** post. I don’t want to have to diagram my sentences as well.

How about this ... “college students don’t set dates in the manner of pick-up artists.”

Better?

I wasn't trying to be pedantic or to put you on the defensive. (And I definitely didn't read the entire post, so bless you for doing that.) I was just surprised to see that "setting dates" is a PUA-y thing to do at whatever age. If I'd dated in high school/college it's how I would have done it. What makes it pick-uppy?

Old 06-13-2019, 11:30 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked85 View Post
I’m sorry for the long post btw guys, and thanks for the feedback it really helped.

I know I came off as needy And clingy and I keep beating myself up about it as it’s over and the past is the past. Well we both were to each other her in the beginning and me at the end.

I kept hitting her up, because she told me earlier we weren’t hanging out because I was never texting or talking to her. Also she would tell me she hated when I assumed stuff, like if I assumed that she wanted nothing to do with me or she wanted me to leave her alone and I was bothering her. so I was just trying to follow her directions (Saying to hit her up more, text her after class, we’ll hang out in a week etc.). I was just confused, and inexperienced

When someone ghosts me I automatically have zero respect. It creates a great deal of anxiety for me and I act out violently. In this case I even was trying to just talk about it with her, because I just didn’t know what I was doing was wrong at the time. I know I let my emotions get the best of me, but I was done playing her mind games. That’s why I just went off on her text bomb, because I was just done and didn’t wanna be with someone who was treating me like dirt. Even after all that I just left her alone for a month and just thought it was over. What do you guys think? Actions speak louder than words that for one thing I learned from this.

Ok, well you're going to have to work on finding a more effective way to deal with your anxiety. Acting out violently is just going to bring trouble.

From what I can gather, there's at least 3 months of very sporadic communication? Most people would just be done and walk away. Your friend's response about finding a new girl was actually quite on the spot. Move on and find somebody else. It had nothing to do with making her jealous (and if it did, so what? Her loss). I did wonder why did you try to psuh something that wasn't there, but I can only take your word and accept that this is your first dalliance. Try not to get too attached to your vision and look at the bigger picture. 3 months of sporadic communication (and when you guys did connect, there were still a lot of pushing away, disinterest) doesn't ever bode well for a real relationship.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:35 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
I wasn't trying to be pedantic or to put you on the defensive. (And I definitely didn't read the entire post, so bless you for doing that.) I was just surprised to see that "setting dates" is a PUA-y thing to do at whatever age. If I'd dated in high school/college it's how I would have done it. What makes it pick-uppy?

I think if you did read the post, you would've caught on that the girl really isn't into him. In such situations, you can't "make" someone fall in love with you. It's creepy to encourage a person to even try. Those kind of challenges aren't worth the effort.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Making a date in general isn't PUA. It's the way james was suggesting he do it that reeked of PUA.

It's true that most college kids don't formally ask each other out these days. But as Inkpoe said, implying that the OP could or should try to make this girl fall for him is misguided and just bad advice.

This relationship has no redeeming qualities that I can see.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:06 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,240,321 times
Dude, it was over before spring break. She just sucks at communicating and you stink at getting the hint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.