Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2019, 09:13 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times

Advertisements

You broke up on social media.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 09:14 AM

161 posts, read 102,322 times
Not on social media, no one else could see the message.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:15 AM

61,661 posts, read 87,041,175 times
He was "attacked" by this (married) woman and then he had sex with his "attacker" daily (behind her husband back) for nine months....

Give me a break!!!

Old 06-16-2019, 10:11 AM

I didn't want to get into an extensive discussion about it which is why I messaged on WhatsApp. Or to be asked for my reasons why. I don't want to be honest and give him feedback that his affair with a married woman put me off him. I don't want him to have that feedback because I want him to keep telling this story so that future potential girlfriends can make an informed decision about his character.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:19 AM

Also, I don't feel I owed him a phone call or an in person meeting. I'm sorry but, I lost a bit of respect for him after he told me this story and was all "poor me" about it, AFTER us sleeping together. He has also been love bombing me, and I'm just seeing red flags all over the place here, so I'd rather restrict the contact to a message.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:40 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony86 View Post
I didn't want to get into an extensive discussion about it which is why I messaged on WhatsApp. Or to be asked for my reasons why. I don't want to be honest and give him feedback that his affair with a married woman put me off him. I don't want him to have that feedback because I want him to keep telling this story so that future potential girlfriends can make an informed decision about his character.
IMO, that's the smartest thing that you could have done. In addition you didn't open yourself up to him trying to convince you why you should accept or overlook the behavior. You don't need someone that's too weak-willed to keep themselves out of that situation to begin with, not to mention allow it to continue for 9 months. There are other ways he could have dealt with being "attacked" in the kitchen. It's not like this was a situation where he was with a woman that lied about having a husband. If he couldn't honestly understand that this was wrong and he truly thinks he deserves sympathy, well, good riddance to bad garbage.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:48 AM

10,210 posts, read 17,864,610 times
Yes, I'd be concerned both by the fact that he did this and that he doesn't seem to take any responsibility for it now either. I do have some sympathy for him - he fell in love and then she dropped him like a hot rock. Just because he did some very wrong things doesn't mean he wasn't hurt. She sounds like she has some serious issues and really leaves a messy trail behind her wherever she goes and I can see why he probably feels like he was a "victim" of her crazy. But he's a grown man who chose to get involved with someone that messed up and constantly sleep with someone else's wife. If he can't at least take some responsibility for that, I don't blame you for breaking up with him.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:36 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,970,381 times
Yeah I would expect a similar outcome to happen to you.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:41 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,717,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony86 View Post
OOOOHHH Girl you smart as hell! Gimme five!!!! You did that!

Old 06-16-2019, 12:42 PM

43,055 posts, read 18,237,901 times
If he cheated once there's no reason he won't cheat again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships