Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 06:16 AM

792 posts, read 497,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're checking the clock while on a date?
Lol I've been married for 9 years. It's more like checking the clock while waiting on the bartender to run my card to see if we're going to be home in time to catch the first pitch of the Braves game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 08:37 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,038,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I had a situation like that last week and thought it was rude and would probably leave if it ever happens again. Anyone think 2 times is too much for a first meeting?
Yeah, I had a woman on a date that took a call in front of me from her 19 year old adult daughter, still living at home. She was actually drilling her daughter as if she was still a kid. lol

Old 06-20-2019, 11:00 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,587,939 times
Quote:
I had a situation like that last week and thought it was rude and would probably leave if it ever happens again. Anyone think 2 times is too much for a first meeting?
Not just for the 1st date....if you go out to dinner together, even if you have been together for almost a yr or longer, they shouldn't always be looking at their phone instead of you. Respect...and valuing time together, if it's not an emergency.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:48 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
Ah Yes!!! The good-ol'phone date. I've had those.

What I do with date that's attached to her phone...

Step 1: I'd pull out my phone and watch a Tony Baker video
Step 2: I'd laugh out loud and so hard that I launch out of my chair.
Step 3: I'd run out of the restaurant while laughing with my face firmly planted in the phone.
Step 4: I'd remember an hour and 5 miles later that I was in the middle of a meal at the restaurant...

...Oh crap!!!

Old 06-20-2019, 07:02 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,754,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Ah Yes!!! The good-ol'phone date. I've had those.

What I do with date that's attached to her phone...

Step 1: I'd pull out my phone and watch a Tony Baker video
Step 2: I'd laugh out loud and so hard that I launch out of my chair.
Step 3: I'd run out of the restaurant while laughing with my face firmly planted in the phone.
Step 4: I'd remember an hour and 5 miles later that I was in the middle of a meal at the restaurant...

...Oh crap!!!
I will be doing the same thing if it ever happens again.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:00 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:
It would depend upon what my date does for a living, his family situation, and how long the date lasted. Twice during a relatively brief coffee date might be excessive, while twice during a longer, more formal date would not be--at least for me.

Some people do need to be consistently available for work or family reasons. When I've been out with such a person, I have tended to be quite understanding especially if I'm aware that my date might need to take texts or calls during our time together.

If was excessive phone use due to social reasons, I wouldn't leave, but it's highly likely that I would be disinterested in a second date with that person.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:46 AM

2,066 posts, read 902,097 times
Haven't dated since my last relationship dissolved in February (right before Valentine's Day, as it happened), but before then, the women I dated had gotten smart about it ... excusing themselves to the restroom three or four times during the meal to check their texts/FB status updates/SnapShat/WhatsApp or whatever else (Tindr etc).

Either that or their bladders were the size of a walnut.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:34 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,620,773 times
Aside from texting and taking calls, there are perfectly good reasons to use your phone on a date such as sharing pics with your date, looking up info related to things you two are discussing, etc.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:34 AM

20,767 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Quote:
So what exactly happened? Did she just glance at it or text ...

Old 06-21-2019, 11:26 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,880,725 times
Using your phone for social reasons while on a date is like inviting another person to the date along with you. That's not cool unless it's some mutually agreed upon threesome kinda thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships