Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:59 AM

5 posts, read 3,261 times

Advertisements

I have an unpleasent experience with my boyfriend last weekend. I caught him at the tennis club playing mixed doubles with a girl I have always been jealous about. I am suspicious about them. I couldnt contol myself, I gave him an angry look and after the match I was at the bar and he came to me and tried to explain himself, I said oh you have found a good partner to play! he told me our relationship was more important than the stupid match and bla bla bla. I tried not to focus on her and told him I was angry because he didnt call me to play this match with him. |We saw each other the next day and he apologized again and said lets not talk about this today and so on. The rest of the day was usual.

But I am still suspicious and I am thinking about breaking up. During the conversation he asked it we were going to see each other on sunday, I had the impression he wanted me to break up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 10:09 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,574 times
I'm not sure why you are suspicious of this woman he played tennis with. If that's all it was, why would you be suspicious?

I don't understand, unless there's some backstory to this that you haven't revealed. E.g. has he cheated before?

Why have you always been jealous of this woman?

Old 07-16-2019, 10:16 AM

I have always noticed some spark between them. I also play tennis so I asked why would he call her to play this match if I could have played. He told me the other double called him and they played much better than us.... something really fishy and vague, no excuse for this

Old 07-16-2019, 10:17 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Unless mixed doubles is a euphemism, then you are probably over reacting.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-16-2019, 10:19 AM

I hope so

Old 07-16-2019, 10:19 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat11 View Post
I have always noticed some spark between them. I also play tennis so I asked why would he call her to play this match if I could have played. He told me the other double called him and they played much better than us.... something really fishy and vague, no excuse for this
I think you're being paranoid. Unless he has form for this sort of thing, where he has cheated on you in the past, checks out other women or flirts with them in front of you. It's not his fault he has chemistry with this woman, I am presuming he is going to do nothing about it because he is in a relationship with you.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:24 AM

maybe I need more evidence

Old 07-16-2019, 10:33 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
You don't trust him?

How long have y'all been dating?

Old 07-16-2019, 10:46 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
More evidence??? I think maybe you need to get your jealousy issues in check. Your b/f might at some point get tired of having to defend the fact that he was playing tennis with a girl. Now if he was at a club having a drink with her, then you might have reason to be jealous. But not for playing tennis. JMO.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:10 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Chemistry between people doesn’t end just because a relationship starts.
This is where trust begins. You either trust your partner wouldn’t act on others who he may share a chemistry with or you do not.

Do you have any reason to believe he would do something with this woman?
Is he openly flirting with her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships